Mass effect Andromeda
Fallout 4
Kenshi
For Honor (maybe, maybe not)
MechWarrior Online
FF VII
Star Citizen (maybe, maybe not)
Titanfall II

You left out XCOM 2, which could easily replace 4 of the games on your list.

Since it's your opinion, I'll accept your choice of MWO as one of the best, but IMHO that's a big stretch when you consider the size of the community. I guess it depends on what metric you are using to determine "best".

#42 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 21 April 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

... and is backed by a top tier developer.

Haha, uhm ... no. They're just "big" and overhyped, their products matter less. If Blizzard would start serving poop on a plate with a spoon people would still eat it, because .... "It's Blizzard". It's like a great rockband that should have quit long time ago, but are still squezing out mediocre crap because the common man is still buying.

They have no innovation anymore, and Overwatch shows just that.

Edited by Radbane, 22 April 2016 - 09:57 AM.

#43 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:09 AM

View PostLegendaryArticuno, on 21 April 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Not sure I need two FPS in my life... I spent quite a lot on MWO, more than I realize and more than I care to admit Posted Image

But Overwatch looks so fresh... and is backed by a top tier developer.

Play Battleborn instead of Overwatch. Posted Image Battleborn has less cliched (or overly-sexualized) characters and more fun play styles. It also has single-player elements.

https://battleborn.com/

Edited by El Bandito, 22 April 2016 - 10:16 AM.

#44 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:46 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 April 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Play Battleborn instead of Overwatch. Posted Image Battleborn has less cliched (or overly-sexualized) characters and more fun play styles. It also has single-player elements.

https://battleborn.com/

sexualized characters are a negative trait?

What?

#45 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:50 AM

Blizzard may be a top tier dev, but most of their balancing designs are complete joke.

At least PGI are a borderline Indi dev, with a game that is super niche in style and popularity.

I uninstalled and flipped off everything from Blizz that is not SC2 multiplayer

#46 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostM3 SABLE, on 22 April 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:

sexualized characters are a negative trait?

What?

At certain degrees. At my age, I simply shake my head at it.

Edited by El Bandito, 22 April 2016 - 11:14 AM.

#47 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:21 AM

wondering why we're having this conversation in the General section surely this falls under 'other' even with the mention of a mech.

Still carry on

#48 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 April 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

At certain degrees. At my age, I simply shake my head at it.

Just noticed this reading your profile:

"Interests: Game, Sex, Mods, Anime, Manga"

At my age, it is too early to have such hard-slammed face palms like I've just had.
Truly amazing phenomenon!

I am shaking my head now.

They should add more anime high school girls in mini skirts though. That will improve both games.

Edited by M3 SABLE, 22 April 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#49 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:07 PM

View PostM3 SABLE, on 22 April 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

Just noticed this reading your profile:

"Interests: Game, Sex, Mods, Anime, Manga"

At my age, it is too early to have such hard-slammed face palms like I've just had.
Truly amazing phenomenon!

They should add more anime high school girls in mini skirts. That will improve both games.

I play MWO, I have sex with my wife, I mod games such as Total War series, and I watch anime in the vein of Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade, and my favorite mange series is Berserk. Do not confuse me for some slavering otaku teen.

#50 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 22 April 2016 - 12:07 PM, said:

I play MWO, I have sex with my wife, I mod games such as Total War series, and I watch anime in the vein of Jin Roh: The Wolf Brigade, and my favorite mange series is Berserk. Do not confuse me for some slavering otaku teen.

oh sure, you weeb.

#51 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostM3 SABLE, on 22 April 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

oh sure, you weeb.

I don't think this holds any truth to El Bandito but it made me laugh.

Edited by Coralld, 22 April 2016 - 12:30 PM.

#52 M3 SABLE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:01 PM

View PostCoralld, on 22 April 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

I don't think this holds any truth to El Bandito but it made me laugh.

Oh, it does

Edited by M3 SABLE, 22 April 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#53 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Even though this is totally counter to my previous argument, this was too funny not to share.

Posted Image

#54 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 22 April 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

You left out XCOM 2, which could easily replace 4 of the games on your list.

Since it's your opinion, I'll accept your choice of MWO as one of the best, but IMHO that's a big stretch when you consider the size of the community. I guess it depends on what metric you are using to determine "best".

I think X-Com 2 is In the same boat as the new Total War games and also that new Space Armada game. Been done before, over and over and may or may not be better than earlier games. The Original X-Com had base building and actual base defense as an example where the aliens would get into the base that was laid out by the player and try and take it and sometimes succeed in taking out one of the players bases.

Those top 10 games mentioned are better than ever and adding entirely new features and game play and replay ability. Some like MechWarrior online are under construction or may not reach potential like For Honor or Star Citizen but they are basically at least attempting to go next gen. As in actually adding to and improving game play and standards.

While X-Com was a huge improvement in graphics, was it really a huge improvement in game play? The original actually had the squad having to exit the dropship, which was very dangerous. Does X-Com 2 have the squad exiting their dropship from inside after landing each mission? As Far as I know X-Com 2 is actually a dumbed down of the original offering less game play and replay ability in order to be able to sell further releases. Will players continue to support that in the long run?

The New Space Armada game looks good but how many third person RTS Space games are there out? Seriously. The standard for those games is so low for so long it may actually hurt that title more than anything.

Know how many games like Overwatch are out or coming out soon? Its hard to keep count.

Theres a ton more and they will all face plant basically, some will have a few players that throw money away on them.

I must admit though, if it were me, the Steam page and web page for Mechwarrior Online would both have an awesome scene with smokin hot Natasha Kerensky standing in front of her Warhammer. :) I am sure popularity would improve. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 April 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#55 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 April 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

I think X-Com 2 is In the same boat as the new Total War games and also that new Space Armada game. Been done before, over and over and may or may not be better than earlier games. The Original X-Com had base building and actual base defense as an example where the aliens would get into the base that was laid out by the player and try and take it and sometimes succeed in taking out one of the players bases.

Those top 10 games mentioned are better than ever and adding entirely new features and game play. Some like MechWarrior online are under construction or may not reach potential like For Honor or Star Citizen but they are basically at least attempting to go next gen. As in actually adding to and improving game play and standards.

Agreed. It's so funny how old Xcom had twice the depth of new Xcom. Old Mechwarrior:Mercs had twice the depth of new Mechwarrior. It's like that with a lot of games from the 90's. Old Chris Roberts games, old Master of Orion games.

We're living in a weird time when we have virtual reality and photorealistic graphics, but we've forgotten how to make games that are actually complex and challenging, for the most part.

#56 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 April 2016 - 01:39 PM, said:

It's funny, I totally agree with you in regards to XCOM (and total war), seems they think pink guile haircuts are adequate replacements for real features. Yet then you say that Fallout 4 has 'set standards' and is 'Better than ever' and my head explodes from sheer bewilderment.

Edited by Axeface, 22 April 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#57 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:49 PM

View PostAxeface, on 22 April 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's funny, I totally agree with you in regards to XCOM (and total war), seems they think pink guile haircuts are adequate replacements for real features. Yet then you say that Fallout 4 has 'set standards' and is 'Better than ever' and my head explodes from sheer bewilderment.

Your not playing the same Fallout 4 I am though. Its highly customizable is the key there. I deliberately not finish the main quest for starters and do all the side quests and also spend a lot of time changing textures mostly. As well a very few actual mods that are awesome. Waiting for the rest of the DLC to drop and the construction kit.

Mods I use.

- Music replacer for the radio. Use my own music that fits a cyberpunk game kind of theme.

- HUD minimize/removal

- Two awesome allies along with the games ally. Total of 3 allies on survival setting.

- Many sci-fi textures completely making the theme much more cyberpunk than the retro theme the game comes with.

Fallout 4 is an entirely different game than vanilla for me.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 22 April 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

Agreed. It's so funny how old Xcom had twice the depth of new Xcom. Old Mechwarrior:Mercs had twice the depth of new Mechwarrior. It's like that with a lot of games from the 90's. Old Chris Roberts games, old Master of Orion games.

We're living in a weird time when we have virtual reality and photorealistic graphics, but we've forgotten how to make games that are actually complex and challenging, for the most part.

Only time will tell what amount of features, depth, gameplay this game has. Its obviously not done yet. In a saturated market its doing very well. I think the market will improve though is the point of most of my replies in this topic. All good for players.

Edited by Johnny Z, 22 April 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#58 Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 350 posts
  • Location花果山: Water Curtain Cave on the Moutain of Flowers and Fruit

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

Posted Image

#59 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:10 PM

Personally, I have zero interest in Overwatch. Too cartoony for my tastes, much like most of Blizzard's stuff.

#60 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 04:37 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 22 April 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

Your not playing the same Fallout 4 I am though. Its highly customizable is the key there. I deliberately not finish the main quest for starters and do all the side quests and also spend a lot of time changing textures mostly. As well a very few actual mods that are awesome. Waiting for the rest of the DLC to drop and the construction kit.

I dont really think any of those mods you mentioned change the game to any large degree at all, other than damaging the narrative setting. I also cant agree with the arguement that fallout 4 is a good game or has set standards because of its modability, its predecessors all did it. I am an avid mod user too, and have also made my fair share of quite sucessful small mods, so I love modding and appreciate it. I guess what I really want to say is that I found fallout 4 to be deeply disappointing... and more than that a sign that my favourite game genre, the bethesda rpg is something of the past... unless beth stop diluting their games to appeal to larger and larger audiances. I'de also like to learn how you think fo4 has improved on replayability over its predecessors - quite the opposite in my opinion, and also in the opinion of all others I have asked.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users