"server Connection Was Lost"

11 replies to this topic

#1 Ghriszly

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 07:39 PM

For the last few days i keep getting kicked from the game with the message "server connection was lost." I can play any other game that has constant connection such as armored warfare or war thunder with no issues. This is happening everywhere in the game. The mechlab, the battlefield, and after battle reports. It is extremely frustrating being kicked from a game 3-5 times only to log back in and be disconnected again. It seems to happen within 5 minutes even when im just idling in the mechlab.

I tried to contact support but the links lead nowhere so i am forced to ask for help on the forums. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 28 April 2016 - 08:12 PM

This just started happening to me today after the patch.

#3 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTamo daleko ...

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:41 AM

View PostMightyGhrisz, on 28 April 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

View PostThe Smoking Man, on 28 April 2016 - 08:12 PM, said:

Write down what are your settings for starting mwo,in 32 or 64 bit mode,direct x9 or x11,try to change those setting and combine,maybe it could work,and it could be useful info for some people that are more experienced in that kind of issues,it wont hurt for them to know

#4 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 29 April 2016 - 06:58 AM

Yup, doing that stuff now. With the patch, and a recent Catalyst center update, something may have changed. It does not give me an error to track it down with, so I will have to spend some time searching. I wonder if it will happen in training grounds.... that way I don't get a hand-slap for disco'ing during a game.

Please disregard my above posts. Timing was such that my connection went south at the same time as the patch. Coincidence I guess. Tech inbound to house to fix my ISP issue. It has nothing to do with the patch at all, just BFE ISPs like mine. FUBAR!!!!

Edited by The Smoking Man, 29 April 2016 - 10:07 AM.

#5 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostThe Smoking Man, on 29 April 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Yup, doing that stuff now. With the patch, and a recent Catalyst center update, something may have changed. It does not give me an error to track it down with, so I will have to spend some time searching. I wonder if it will happen in training grounds.... that way I don't get a hand-slap for disco'ing during a game.

Please disregard my above posts. Timing was such that my connection went south at the same time as the patch. Coincidence I guess. Tech inbound to house to fix my ISP issue. It has nothing to do with the patch at all, just BFE ISPs like mine. FUBAR!!!!

LOL

Dont know should i be happy for you for solving your issue with the connection or feel sorry for you for having such a bad internet provider !? Posted Image

#6 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:51 PM

Thought I had it fixed :( new modem after the tech came out, played for like an hour then Bamm! Mega SADFACE!

#7 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostThe Smoking Man, on 29 April 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Thought I had it fixed Posted Image new modem after the tech came out, played for like an hour then Bamm! Mega SADFACE!

Damn ... if you havent untill now try to mix those settings for starting mwo.

And one more thing,they took out the 32 bit option from patcher (from who knows what reasons,they are hiding it like its a top secret that will destroy this dimension if it ever gets out ...).this is the post where we managed somehow to override it

http://mwomercs.com/...41#entry5081641

#8 The Smoking Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 73 posts
  • LocationDa Yoop

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:50 AM

I appreciate you trying to help. But that is not the problem, that would only further frustrate the issue by changing those settings. My modem is losing connection, even after being replaced it is still losing connection to my ISP. Now in a 'normal' situation you might be correct... but in my situation it is far more likely that a raccoon or possum is chewing on a piece of wire between my and my ISP. Oh... it could be those damned squirrels!

#9 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostThe Smoking Man, on 30 April 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

I appreciate you trying to help. But that is not the problem, that would only further frustrate the issue by changing those settings. My modem is losing connection, even after being replaced it is still losing connection to my ISP. Now in a 'normal' situation you might be correct... but in my situation it is far more likely that a raccoon or possum is chewing on a piece of wire between my and my ISP. Oh... it could be those damned squirrels!

Either way good luck,hope you will solve it somehow soon

#10 Ghriszly

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Im using DX11 and i believe its the 64 bit version (64 bit system so i hope so) All settings are on low and its windowed 1366x768. How would i switch and test a 32 bit bersion?

#11 EyesBurn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:08 AM

View PostMightyGhrisz, on 30 April 2016 - 07:52 PM, said:

Im using DX11 and i believe its the 64 bit version (64 bit system so i hope so) All settings are on low and its windowed 1366x768. How would i switch and test a 32 bit bersion?

look at my 3rd post in this thread

View PostEyesBurn, on 29 April 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

Damn ... if you havent untill now try to mix those settings for starting mwo.

And one more thing,they took out the 32 bit option from patcher (from who knows what reasons,they are hiding it like its a top secret that will destroy this dimension if it ever gets out ...).this is the post where we managed somehow to override it

http://mwomercs.com/...41#entry5081641

#12 Ghriszly

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:18 AM

I thought you meant it was hidden but still accessible through some trickery. The problem seems to have resolved itself however, been playing all night. Thanks for your time though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users