Night Gyr Artwork (Full Resolution)

38 replies to this topic

#21 Hit the Deck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:47 AM

View PostZolaz, on 30 April 2016 - 06:12 AM, said:

What are those 2 blue things on its arm? I never see those in game.

Those are the stuff of nightmares according to the source material. Practically the best energy weapons. They are so lethal that the IS give their backward version of the weapon a field inhibitor so it can't damage the firing 'Mech's electronics!

#22 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:28 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 30 April 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

Anyone know the name of the Hero ?

Assume these will go on sale mid next week

Pretty sure that's the "Special" variant, as they always show the artwork in order.

Normal.

Special.

Hero.

#23 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:33 AM

View PostAlan Davion, on 30 April 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

Pretty sure that's the "Special" variant, as they always show the artwork in order.

Normal.

Special.

Hero.

Look at the address. It's the Hero.

#24 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:55 AM

Looks very unusual with all those round shapes.A very interesting design.

#25 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:20 AM

looks ugly. But its how the precursor to the nova cat is supposed to look

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 30 April 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#26 Chimera_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 446 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

View PostTennex, on 30 April 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

looks ugly. But its how the precursor to the nova cat is supposed to look

Posted Image

It's likely they'll give it more sharp lines with the ingame model (similar to Nova Cat), and I think that will help with the chubby look it has going on.

#27 Dibujor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:26 AM

I don't usually like clan mechs and it seems I'm against the majority here, but find I that that Gyr is a damn sexy mech :)

#28 Solid Alexei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 121 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:20 AM

Haha I wonder how that head energy hardpoint will look like with a PPC (if possible)? Unicorn LOL

#29 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:45 AM

Well I for one, think it's a nice looking mech! Looks "mechy"...... Like an oversized, several dozen ton power armor! :-)
And those high mounts..... The 2 in the shoulders, and one in the head, are perfect for 2 clpl + cermll.... Or 3 clpl staggered if ya like!

But this'll be no replacement for the timby IMO. (Cept for the having a new toy to play with factor) for 2 reasons.
1. Minor annoyance - NG will have locked jj! 4 tons n slots locked in that ya can't modify unlike timby limited modify in that area. Albeit NG will have more tonnage to afford it, thus just an annoyance!
2. Glaring, no getting past reason - what's under the hood! The biggest (imo) factor to the timby death machine! A 375xl with 5 internal true dubs! We're as the NG.... Only a 300xl with 2 internal true dubs! Thus less heat efficiency, and NG won't ever go past 70 kph even with speed tweak. (I find it a bit sad, that before timby/clans #@&*ed it all up, 70kph was actually considered darn good for a heavy.... Now it's more assault territory)

Still, I'll probably throw down $20 when hits store (still a nice deal if it's $20, just like Kodiak was... Spend cbills on cheaper IS stuff :-D) to ensure I get early adopter stuff, and upgrade/refund as more info comes out!

#30 Donald Trump Kerensky

• PipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 30 April 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

Anyone know the name of the Hero ?

Assume these will go on sale mid next week

I don't think it is actually a hero mech, it could be... However this paint job is from the Clan Jade Falcon Turkina Keshik unit, they paint all of their mechs like this. The colors aren't spot on but the green paint and the falcon painted onto it is a dead give away.

"The Turkina Keshik colors its 'Mechs turquoise green with lime green highlights. A gold pearl glaze is then applied, changing the green aspect in varied lighting. Wanting their enemy to know exactly whom they are fighting, all MechWarriors adorn their machines with large falcon murals."

I don't see any noteable Night Gyr pilots in the Jade Falcon lore though.

Edited by Cauldronb0rn, 30 April 2016 - 11:40 AM.

#31 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostDonald Trump Kerensky, on 30 April 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I don't think it is actually a hero mech, it could be...

The address says that it's a Hero.

#32 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostTechChris, on 30 April 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

Well I for one, think it's a nice looking mech! Looks "mechy"...... Like an oversized, several dozen ton power armor! :-)
And those high mounts..... The 2 in the shoulders, and one in the head, are perfect for 2 clpl + cermll.... Or 3 clpl staggered if ya like!

But this'll be no replacement for the timby IMO. (Cept for the having a new toy to play with factor) for 2 reasons.
1. Minor annoyance - NG will have locked jj! 4 tons n slots locked in that ya can't modify unlike timby limited modify in that area. Albeit NG will have more tonnage to afford it, thus just an annoyance!
2. Glaring, no getting past reason - what's under the hood! The biggest (imo) factor to the timby death machine! A 375xl with 5 internal true dubs! We're as the NG.... Only a 300xl with 2 internal true dubs! Thus less heat efficiency, and NG won't ever go past 70 kph even with speed tweak. (I find it a bit sad, that before timby/clans #@&*ed it all up, 70kph was actually considered darn good for a heavy.... Now it's more assault territory)

Wrong. Only the first heat sinks that come with the engine are "true dubs". Additional heat sinks, either in the engine or somewhere else, have 1.4 heat capacity. In the end, all DHS are true dubs once you elited the mech anyway.

#33 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 04:35 PM

I want this decal on my Gyr! Posted Image

#34 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Midwest, I think??? Dang "Drinkin Man's" Shooter bad for my memory! ^_^

Posted 30 April 2016 - 05:39 PM

View PostShredhead, on 30 April 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Wrong. Only the first heat sinks that come with the engine are "true dubs". Additional heat sinks, either in the engine or somewhere else, have 1.4 heat capacity. In the end, all DHS are true dubs once you elited the mech anyway.

Oooooohhhhhh........Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Just couldn't help but correct that could ya ? Posted Image

Anyhow, you are correct. That's what I get for posting on my lunch break while I'm half napping. Not sure why I thought that? As the only DHS that have ever counted for the full 2.0 have been the ones that are part the engine (non-removable)....maybe was just wishful thinking while I was half asleep? Maybe my half asleep brain assumed this was a BT game? Posted Image
What I meant to say was the difference of 5 "slot free" heatsinks compared to 2. By "slot free" I mean they only use the tonnage, and none of your precious crit slots outside the motor.
And least the rest what I said held up....or ya least didn't feel need to correct it! Posted Image

#35 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:03 PM

View PostTechChris, on 30 April 2016 - 05:39 PM, said:

Oooooohhhhhh........Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Just couldn't help but correct that could ya ? Posted Image

Anyhow, you are correct. That's what I get for posting on my lunch break while I'm half napping. Not sure why I thought that? As the only DHS that have ever counted for the full 2.0 have been the ones that are part the engine (non-removable)....maybe was just wishful thinking while I was half asleep? Maybe my half asleep brain assumed this was a BT game? Posted Image
What I meant to say was the difference of 5 "slot free" heatsinks compared to 2. By "slot free" I mean they only use the tonnage, and none of your precious crit slots outside the motor.
And least the rest what I said held up....or ya least didn't feel need to correct it! Posted Image

The rest was fine. I did it so other, less experienced players don't get the wrong info. And this is a Mechwarrior game. I'd like some more BT stuff in, but this game here is truer to the BT values than any MW game before.
Btw, really, do the maths, mang. With Elite status full you have true dubs, and mechs reliant on in-engine dubs only have it even better :)

#36 TechChris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 159 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostShredhead, on 30 April 2016 - 06:03 PM, said:

The rest was fine. I did it so other, less experienced players don't get the wrong info. And this is a Mechwarrior game. I'd like some more BT stuff in, but this game here is truer to the BT values than any MW game before.
Btw, really, do the maths, mang. With Elite status full you have true dubs, and mechs reliant on in-engine dubs only have it even better Posted Image

oh pffft.....now your just being difficult! Posted Image
/sacasm/

Fine, just to be difficult back.
/end sarcasm/

Clan DHS, last I checked have the attributes +0.15 heat dissipation (out of motor) +0.20 dissipate (in motor) and +1.1 to heat cap. So with basics that becomes +0.16125, +0.215, and +1.21 respectively. With fully elited becomes +0.1725, +0.23, and +1.32 respectively.
Nothing but DHS that are part the motor (integral ones) ever reach "True Dub" status, which I'm meaning as any heatsink that reaches +0.20 heat dissipation or better!

/rebegin sarcasm/
*leans back in chair and prepares to be corrected again*
/re-end sarcasm/
Posted Image

#37 Heiggwinie Halberstadt

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 89 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:48 PM

I like the Bow Ties on the feet.

#38 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:04 PM

If the 2 laser slots I think are in the torso are even with the cockpit I could care less what it looks like (as long is it is not a tribute to my Ex).

Now if this was anything related to Star Wars or WW2 I may have a real opinion other than meta.

#39 GreenHell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGrandmas House

Posted 30 April 2016 - 09:15 PM

INB4 DOA

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I like it. Looks beefy. I like when mechs actually look plausibly "built". Like they're strong enough to actually support their own weight. Probably order at least the $20 pack.

Checking out the stock hardpoints... Looks pretty good. Stock build with LPL instead of PPC's looks like a great mech. 60 point alphas +10 with double-taps at 360m. Good damage out to 600m. I like it.

Edited by GreenHell, 30 April 2016 - 09:42 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users