• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 06 May 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

Nope, but I saw you running one in the scouting queue last night. Posted Image

How was the heat on Caustic in it during that fight? Everybody seemed to be running kinda warm.

Sorry about the face. ;)

No heat problems at all in the IFR. I ran it three or four matches, don't think I ever used my cool shot.

#82 Virlutris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostTercieI, on 06 May 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Sorry about the face. ;)

No heat problems at all in the IFR. I ran it three or four matches, don't think I ever used my cool shot.

Pretty sure it was Sky that got me. ;p

Besides, I only got one of you, so we can call it even. Also, I need to get gooder.

#83 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

View PostVirlutris, on 06 May 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

Pretty sure it was Sky that got me. ;p

Besides, I only got one of you, so we can call it even. Also, I need to get gooder.

Might've been. We were very on with focus fire, it was hard to keep track of who was getting last shots. Meh, skittles vs. a 4-man, very little chance.

Edited by TercieI, 06 May 2016 - 11:51 AM.

#84 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

I'm going to list all of the "bad" 'mechs that I have. It should be noted that I have a similar interest to the OP and I have found builds that work rather well on all of these chassis, with the exception of the Vindicator which is, as far as I can tell, nearly irredeemable even though I have managed to find a build that does kind of okay. Let's begin. Note that these are not in any particular order and I have mastered all of them.

Locust: This was my first 'mech. I love it. People count it out because it's only 20 tons and is the most fragile 'mech in the game. That being said, I nab plenty of kills with this baby with 6 medium lasers and a beam duration quirk that makes that 30 points of damage nearly pinpoint.

Awesome: People say this 'mech is bad because it has weak armor for an assault 'mech while also being huge as far as geometry, hitboxes, and sheer size go. This was my first assault 'mech, however, and I still use it to this day in FW because I perform so well in my 8Q with a max standard engine, 2 PPCs, 2 ER Large Lasers, and 3 Medium Lasers.

Kit Fox: This 'mech is considered bad simply because it is as fragile as a light 'mech but not fast enough to really dodge fire like other light 'mechs. That being said, if you treat the thing like a fragile medium 'mech instead of trying to play it like a light you can accomplish some pretty cool things in it. I run mine with 4 Medium Pulse Lasers and 2 Machine Guns, also using the leg omnipods that have Jump Jets.

Commando: This 'mech is considered bad basically because of hardpoint starvation. It simply does not have the hardpoints or tonnage that it needs to give it a real serious alpha strike, and alpha strikes are the name of the game right now. That being said, I do very well in my Commando 1B with max XL engine, 3 medium lasers, and 1 SRM6. Doesn't sound like much, but it should also be noted that the Commando is at the moment the fastest 'mech available in the game and before the speed tweak nerf actually maxed out at the game's "speed limit" where HSR supposedly gets broken.

Vindicator: This is the only 'mech on this list that I actually agree with the general consensus of it just being bad. It has bad hardpoints, is too easy to hit, and is far too fragile. It boils down to this 'mech being too large and slow to dodge fire but not durable enough to tank the damage that it can't dodge either. I had an awful time in mine while trying to run it with PPCs and it was the only 'mech in this list that I had a negative KDR with. It was bad. Eventually I managed to rescue its KDR by doing something very strange with it: A 1AA with maximum XL engine, 4 Medium Pulse Lasers, and 1 LRM15.

Adder: Unpopular for the same reason that the Kit Fox is unpopular. I have found, however, that the Adder is a very good ERPPC platform if you play it right and is one of the rare instances where the stock loadout just about got it right. I run a pretty much stock Adder Prime. The only change I have made to it is when they unlocked the flamer in the head I replaced it with an ER Small Laser. This means that my Adder sports 2 ERPPCs and 1 ER Small Laser.

Mist Lynx: The drawback of this little guy is the fact that it simply does not have the tonnage or harpoints to carry any real serious alpha strike potential. If you want ECM on it you have to sacrifice half of your already meager weaponry. Its weapons are only found in its arms regardless of what omnipod combination you use and its arms are lost very easily in combat. That being said, I do pretty well using the Mist Lynx as a backstabber light 'mech with 4 Small Pulse Lasers. People also say that the Mist Lynx is slow, but I have personally found it to be fast enough to play it like I would any other light striker.

Urbanmech: People think this 'mech is bad because... well.. it's an Urbamech. It's supposed to be bad. Even in lore. But it's actually not. It rolls damage quite well thanks to the 360 torso twist and completely round body and can pack a pretty good punch in energy weaponry. I run an R60L that does pretty darn good sporting the largest XL engine the thing can carry and is armed with 4 Medium Pulse Lasers and 2 Machine Guns.

Spider: This 'mech is considered bad because of its hardpoints. There is not a single variant of this 'mech that has the hardpoints to pack a serious alpha strike. That being said, I do well in my 5D with ECM and 3 Medium Pulse Lasers. I play it pretty much the same way I play my Commando since they both have similar loadouts and speed,

Panther: This one is considered bad because people say that it's slow. Personally, while it is not as fast as other IS lights, I find it to be fast enough to perform just like any other light. I run a 9R with 4 Medium Pulse Lasers and 1 SRM6.

Gargoyle: I'm honestly not certain why everyone hates this 'mech. I do great in it. It is extremely fast and responsive for an assault 'mech and can outrun a lot of IS heavies. This is the only assault 'mech that I have ever piloted that I felt safe going lone wolf for a little bit because it's just so speedy that if I get into trouble have the speed neccesary to back out and return to my team. I run 2 Large Pulse Lasers and 4 ER Small Lasers. I get kills galore with this setup.

Summoner: It's not difficult to see why people don't like this 'mech. Again, this is a case of hardpoint starvation. The most energy hardpoints you can squeeze out of this 'mech at once if 4, which is quite honestly pathetic for a clan heavy 'mech. That doesn't keep me from enjoying and doing well in mine, however, loaded with 4 Medium Pulse Lasers and 1 LRM20.

Ice Ferret: This is another one of those 'mechs that I don't quite understand why everyone hates. I do extremely well in it. It's like the Clan Cicada. I run my Cicada with 6 Medium Lasers on IS and with the Ice Ferret I do almost the same thing with 5 ER Medium Lasers. It plays almost identically to my Cicada.

Shadow Cat: Again, this one is yet another case of hardpoint starvation. The most energy harpoints you can get out of this 'mech at one time is 3. I used to run mine with 2 Large Pulse Lasers and 1 ER Medium Laser. It was tolerable, barely. Later I switched some omnipods around and came up with 3 SRM6 and 2 ER Medium Lasers. It does very well at splatting things and getting you out of harms way quickly if you utilize its MASC properly.

Crab: Yet another 'mech that is very unpopular for a reason that I do not comprehend. I do so well in my Crab that I bring it as my medium 'mech to FW. It's very tanky and rolls damage extremely well. If you're moving, you're a rather difficult target to kill. This thing is fast, well above 100 KPH with a maximum engine, and has enough energy hardpoints to be absolutely lethal and still manages to be heat efficient. I run a 27B with max XL engine and 6 Medium Pulse Lasers.

Catapult: This 'mech is basically unpopular because it is too big for its own good yet its armor is too weak to justify being such a large target. It's certainly a difficult 'mech to run, but I do pretty well in my C4 with a standard engine of a size that I cannot remember, armed with 4 SRM6+ARTEMIS and 2 Medium Lasers.

Victor: Ah, the Victor. The Victor used to be meta. It used to be the king of the poptarts. Then we got hoverjets from PGI's balancing department, poptarting became a thing of the past, and so did the Victor. The fact of the matter is that the Victor is poorly armored for an Assault 'mech, and does not have the tonnage to bring any really serious firepower without bringing in an XL engine which just makes it even more vulnerable because the thing is hardly XL friendly. I had a real hard time with this 'mech but eventually found a build that performed well for me. You're gonna laugh. You're not gonna believe me when I tell you what build I use. You're going to think I'm insane, but trust me, I have a 2.0 KDR with this Victor. I run a 9B with maximum XL engine and armed with 2 Medium Lasers, 2 SRM2, and 3 AC/2. What started out as a desperate "I'm grasping at straws" troll build actually turned out to be completely surprisingly effective.

Warhawk: I'm not real sure why people dislike this 'mech. I think it's just a symptom of the fact that it was released alongside the Dire Wolf and everyone thought that anything the Warhawk could do the Dire Wolf did it better. The Warhawk is one of my more recent additions to my 'mechbays and it's been a very welcome one. I see a lot of people turning their Warhawks into LRM boats. Please don't do that. This 'mech can offer a lot of direct fire support while also tanking a fair amount of damage. I run mine with 2 ERPPCs and 2 Large Pulse Lasers. I love it.

Kintaro: The Kintaro. Overlooked and forgotten. The Kintaro isn't really a bad 'mech, but it's just that there are other 'mechs that can do what the Kintaro does better, thus people have just started calling the Kintaro a bad 'mech and never playing it. I had success in mine with SRMs and LRMs. The final build that I ended up settling on was pretty close to the Champion Kintaro build. I run my Kintaro 18 with 5 LRM5 and 2 Medium Lasers. Most people think that this is a troll build, but in actuality the LRM5s have less spread than larger LRM launchers and hit with almost pinpoint damage. So firing 5 of those puppies at once translates into 25 damage to you target's CT whereas firing two LRM20s would inflict roughly 30 damage to your target but spread out all over the enemy 'mech, thus being largely ineffective compared to concentrated LRM5 volleys. This Kintaro even runs cool enough that you can alpha strike the LRM5s all day long, completely ignoring their ghost heat penatly.

Archer: The Archer is in a bit of a sad state. It has poor geometry, is rather fragile, and is too large and slow to avoid fire and LRMs are pretty sub-par weapon systems in the current state that they are in, and LRMs are what the Archer is supposed to do. I couldn't do anything with the variants that had energy hardpoints, but I am pretty happy with my 5W which sports 5 LRM5 just like my Kintaro in the torsos and then 4 SRM4 in the arms, making me a deadly combatant at any range. I would suggest always running a Standard engine in an Archer. Their side torsos go pretty easy.

Dragon: The Dragon is overlooked simply because it has bad hardpoints. There's not a whole lot you can do with it. Even I, the guy who prides himself on finding uses for 'mechs that are largely considered useless, had to fall back to what used to be the Dragon's meta just to make a Dragon that worked at all. A 1N with 2 AC/5, 2 Medium Lasers, and 2 SSRM2. I don't remember what size of engine I have in it, but it's an XL. This 'mech isn't one of my favorites, but it works. If you don't feel like you need the SSRM2s to chase away light 'mechs then you can drop them to make room for a larger engine or something.

And that's all I've got. I hope this wall of text is helpful to somebody. At the very least, writing it entertained me for a while while I wait for the clock to let me go home on this lazy Friday evening.

Edited by Mole, 06 May 2016 - 01:34 PM.

#85 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

Since when do people call Crabs bad? They are a very highly recommended mech for Mediums when people as what mechs they should get here on the forums.

#86 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostLadyDanams, on 06 May 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

Since when do people call Crabs bad? They are a very highly recommended mech for Mediums when people as what mechs they should get here on the forums.

Really? I rarely ever see anyone playing a Crab in solo queue or FW. I never see them, so I pretty much assumed that people must think they are bad.

#87 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:03 PM

The only complaint I -- usually -- see about Crabs is the energy-only nature they have.

Edited by Koniving, 06 May 2016 - 07:03 PM.

#88 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:12 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 May 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

The only complaint I -- usually -- see about Crabs is the energy-only nature they have.

I don't see why that's a complaint when lasers are the current meta. I've been in love with lasers since before they were meta though. All energy 'mechs are fine by me.

#89 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostMole, on 06 May 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

I don't see why that's a complaint when lasers are the current meta. I've been in love with lasers since before they were meta though. All energy 'mechs are fine by me.

Generally new players aren't up for the meta, they just know "It shuts down a lot." The new guys are the only ones I see with complaints about it because -- well this is where I hang out.

Being new, they have yet to learn firing discipline or heat management.
"Shoot, shoot, sho--shutdown. Shoot, shutdown. Shoot -- blow up."

And this is where the buyers regret comes to them.

Also keep in mind the usual new player that got a crab for the looks... well chances are they probably won't know the single heatsink/double heatsink issue and so, single heatsinks. Had someone like that last month I believe.

Edited by Koniving, 06 May 2016 - 07:16 PM.

#90 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostKoniving, on 06 May 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

Generally new players aren't up for the meta, they just know "It shuts down a lot." The new guys are the only ones I see with complaints about it because -- well this is where I hang out.

Being new, they have yet to learn firing discipline or heat management.
"Shoot, shoot, sho--shutdown. Shoot, shutdown. Shoot -- blow up."

And this is where the buyers regret comes to them.

Also keep in mind the usual new player that got a crab for the looks... well chances are they probably won't know the single heatsink/double heatsink issue and so, single heatsinks. Had someone like that last month I believe.
I'm gonna be frank here, I'm so happy with my Crab. I've loved the aesthetics of the Crab since Mechwarrior 2 Mercs. I'm happy that they brought it into MWO and I'm also happy that it turned out to be a good 'mech.

#91 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:56 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 02 May 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'd say Cataphract.
Reason: low hardpoints for weapons (in arms, mostly) and relatively small numbers of energy + ballistic hardpoints that make it hard finding a viable build compared to other "meta-friendly" mechs like the warhammer.
I love them (my 0XP with Gauss and 3 ER-LLs is one of my top performer mech) but I don't see many on the battlefield...

So going more in depth about Cataphracts, lets talk about the 4X.

The CTF-4X has a severely restrictive engine limit, 255. This really hampers its abilities greatly. The mech is ballistic-favoring, the hitbox has a giant center torso with no overlap in hitboxes so it's a very broad, very bold "this is left torso, center torso and right torso" and the center torso is gigantic.

Original box.
Posted Image
Current box.
Posted Image
This makes it incredibly easy to kill especially in the current laser meta. In the missile meta is was pretty solid, in the ballistic meta by moving diagonally the damage from bullets would hit the side torsos or arms when aimed at the CT. Furthermore the screenshake from your own ballistics would make aiming difficult. Today the bullets don't shake much and lasers are great pinpoint weapons. The chassis desperately needs a hitbox redesign, something that helps to 'cross' the boxes akin to an Atlas.
Posted Image
or to a Hunchback IIC
Posted Image

This way there is some chance to spread energy as the Cataphracts are not twist friendly, especially the 4X which is limited to the smaller engines. (Possibly a torso twist speed quirk).

This said, I would like to take a moment to ask people (especially PGI) to look at why the Cataphract 4X starts with such a small engine and why PGI has put the small engine limit on. Consider for a moment that out of the stock builds, the 4X has more armor than every other model of Cataphract including PGI's made-up Illya Muromets. This armor when comparing stock builds surpasses the heavily armored Dragons, surpasses the Thunderbolt which is known for being a tanky mech in Battletech, surpasses the armor of stock builds for Stalkers and some other 80 and 85 ton assault mechs. It carries heavy-weighted firepower and armor rivaling that of assault mechs... at the cost of speed.

But in MWO, everyone can get max armor. The CTF-4X gets the same generic structure quirks as the other Cataphracts but it can't get the same speed. I feel this needs to change in either the engine limit so it can be on par with the other mechs or given armor quirks in addition to structure quirks to put its damage resilience on par with its tabletop counterpart, or barring nothing else some torso twist quirks because even with its max 255 engine it can't twist enough to play the "twist and live" game.

An additional thought, it carries more "ammo bins" than any other Cataphract which makes it 'popular' with the Davions later when ammo types becomes a thing. Barring any help for armor, PGI could have helped us out on increasing ammo per ton as a quirk for this mech (I know the quirk exists) which would allow us to try and use standard engines instead of XL engines, but even then the CT problem still exists.

The other Cataphracts so far (1x, 2x, Muromets are the ones I also own) are in the "slightly below average performance" range, but the 4X, once a king before this quirkathon and laser vomit meta began has only had its cockpit smeared into the dirt when it comes to quirks and hitboxes.

Vids will be up by Tuesday.

Classic Cataphracts for viewing pleasure.
Oooold 4X.
Spoiler

CTF 1x Old.
Spoiler

Muromets old. Chase cam (external, recorded by a Commando filming my Muromets).
Spoiler

2013, Cataphract 2X
Spoiler

CTF 4X, 2013 "Trial mech" (standard heatsinks, no skill tree). 4 and 5 definitely worth watching, 1-3 has various things to learn but pretty average performance).
Spoiler

So there's an idea of what it was like, and some idea of why that worked so well back then. With things as they are, this is one of those areas that needs a change.
----------
Mist Lynx is next. I own 'em just haven't really used them. Will take me a bit to give my assessments.

Edited by Koniving, 06 May 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#92 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

(To put it in TL;DR terms... for a long time my Cataphract 4X was among my favorite mechs. I've dusted it off, tried it out... and I've put many different builds on it. It's too easily killed. 70 armor on the front of a Grasshopper and I can rush several mechs at once and have a chance to duke it out and do damage. 70 armor on the front of the 4X? Go after one guy in a medium mech who isn't even moving and I'm dead before I can get their armor red. Twisting actually seems to hurt survival, too, as they can still hit the CT even with a 85 degree twist.)

(I'm at the point where I almost sold it. v.v)

#93 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

I expect people to argue me on this and say it's not a bad machine, but highest on my 'mech-bay chopping block is the Battle-master 1G.

It has the Dire-whale's torso pitch and yaw restriction without anything like the same ability to lay down damage. Not being able to twist to a 90 degree angle severely hampers use of wall cover, doesn't let you return fire while moving cover-to-cover and not being able to twist off laser vomit is just a death sentence to a 'Mech as broad and tall as the B.master. It's arm guns are stupidly placed and low slung, making them extremely awkward. The 'Mechs only saving grace are the high mounted energy hard-points, which let it play as laser-stalker substitute. I'd say it's also got number of hardpoints going for it, except most of those hardpoints are useless.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 06 May 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#94 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostOsric Lancaster, on 06 May 2016 - 08:24 PM, said:

I expect people to argue me on this and say it's not a bad machine, but highest on my 'mech-bay chopping block is the Battle-master 1G.

It has the Dire-whale's torso pitch and yaw restriction without anything like the same ability to lay down damage. Not being able to twist to a 90 degree angle severely hampers use of wall cover, doesn't let you return fire while moving cover-to-cover and not being able to twist off laser vomit is just a death sentence to a 'Mech as broad and tall as the B.master. It's arm guns are stupidly placed and low slung, making them extremely awkward. The 'Mechs only saving grace are the high mounted energy hard-points, which let it play as laser-stalker substitute. I'd say it's also got number of hardpoints going for it, except most of those hardpoints are useless.

Agility's an issue, but the ML quirks are incredible. Another mech used by both SJR and EmP in their match last night.

#95 Fox With A Shotgun

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostTercieI, on 04 May 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

My fave KFX is the ASRM24 build. It doesn't have a lot of ammo (3.5 tons IIRC) but with spread quirks, they're among the most precise SRMs in the game. (You can drop to ASRM22 or 20 if the ammo bothers you). Surprisingly fun if you're good with SRMs.

ASRM24 has a problem with both heat and tonnage on that mech. PoorDubs really makes it hurt, especially on Terra Therma.

I figured that if you're damage farming with SRM24 KFX, you might as well go without Artemis and instead go for 3 extra DHS. Simply because those 3 extra DHS makes you able to dump another 3 alphas before having to run off and cool down, and the cool down period gets to be pretty darn short.

Another thing with the KFX is that the spread reduction quirks actually makes it pretty accurate even without Artemis. I normally go SRM6x4 / 600 missiles, or SRM4x4 / 800 missiles, and stack the rest of the free weight on DHS. The amount of damage you can toss out is amazing.

KFX-D SRM6x4/600

KFX-D SRM4x4/800

I think the other reason why people hate on this thing is because they don't know how to abuse weapon convergence on wide mechs with spread out hardpoints. Never alpha with this thing unless the target is really close; you'll make a 6.5m spread into a 6.5x13m spread rectangle if you do. Simply because it's almost a mini KGC in the way it moves and fires. Firing one side and compensating, then doing the same for the other side, will get you the biggest bang-for-buck out of this funny little mech.

That, and you can abuse the really wide arm yaw angle of this mech if you want total convergence. Turn the mech side-on, and free look to the far left or far right. You can make the arms fire nearly 90 degrees sideways, at which point the missiles converge regardless of distance because the two missile sources are on the same line.

#96 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 05:50 AM

That's a good point, the quirks would allow you to drop Artemis even on clan 6s. I was not, in fact, damage farming with it, I was testing to see if it could work for comp (as it a reasonable option vs the Adder) where the ammo wouldn't be an issue. Honestly didn't have heat problems though. With tight ammo, I was super focused on making every shot count.

#97 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:24 AM

View PostTercieI, on 04 May 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

And the IFR is unpopular, but it's unjust. It's really pretty good, though butt ugly.

Particularly since the last quirk pass, the Ice Ferret got incredibly tanky why stick packing very solid firepower.

I think most people just haven't clued in because it was initially very poor, and still isn't spectacular so there's been little attention to it.

But it's a surprisingly great mech these days, very capable, fast, hitty AND tanky.

It's going to get better with the rescaling too, as its a brick. As the scaling is don't per volume, it's shape will allow a larger volume over a smaller profile. Just wait, and mark my words. The Ice Ferret will make off like a bandit this June.

Edited by Wintersdark, 07 May 2016 - 06:27 AM.

#98 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:08 AM

View PostYlca, on 06 May 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

To easily find mechs with mobility bonuses look to smurfy's and look under movement archetype. For instance, the dragon at heavy tonnage has a medium movement profile.

Wait, wait, where can you find this info in Smurfy? I've just now looked again and I can't seem to find it or remember ever seeing it. Would be nice info to have.

#99 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

Actually, the info is on gamepedia. Here's the table listing every chassis and its variant, hitting a link for a particular variant brings you to its page which has an overview box listing all its attributes http://mwo.gamepedia...omparison_Table

For example, here's the Dragon - a Heavy class mech with a Medium movement archetype http://mwo.gamepedia.com/Dragon_DRG-1C

#100 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 09 May 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

Actually, the info is on gamepedia. Here's the table listing every chassis and its variant, hitting a link for a particular variant brings you to its page which has an overview box listing all its attributes http://mwo.gamepedia...omparison_Table

For example, here's the Dragon - a Heavy class mech with a Medium movement archetype http://mwo.gamepedia.com/Dragon_DRG-1C

That is useful and I did not know about it so thanks.
Unfortunately the most recent variants on that table are the IIC variants, no MAD, WHM, RFL or ARC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users