• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 May 2016 - 07:26 PM

Posted Image

PRESS RELEASE: “A CALL TO ARMS”

Faction Play/Community Warfare is the Confederation’s warfare and we must be the best. All pilots must be ready for immediate mobilization for Total War. This means that there are roles to be played by new, current, and even retired pilots; pilots that are in units, or even pilots that are independent.

The Chancellor has marshalled the resources of the Tikonov Commonality Armed Forces [TCAF] to conduct basic pilot training to familiarize pilots with all aspects of Faction Play and to prepare them with the equipment, strategies, and confidence necessary to engage in battle and emerge victorious.

In order to support the growth and expansion of a robust pilot community for Community Warfare, the Tikonov Commonality Armed Forces [TCAF] is pleased to provide basic pilot training for all pilots of the Inner Sphere. As a large international unit of over 180 pilots, we believe that learning Faction Play is key to enjoying Faction Play; and that if more pilots enjoy Faction Play, more pilots will regularly play. As the community of players grows, wait times for matches can be reduced and more battles can be fought creating a truely immersive universe of war for all to enjoy.

TCAF invites all players to participate in basic pilot training by visiting our teamspeak server at the designated times when our coaches will be available to guide you through all aspects of Community Warfare:

Tikonov.teamspeak3.com

NA: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 1200-1600 EST
EU: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 1900-2300 MSK
GMT: Saturday, May 7, 2016, 1600-2000 GMT

TCAF is a Capellan Confederation faction. In order to participate, pilots are asked to accept a Capellan Confederation contract (duration is pilot’s choice). Pilots are welcome even if they only intend to temporarily remain in the Capellan Confederation. We will train pilots of any faction be it IS or Clan at heart, in order to grow the player base and improve the Faction Play experience.
TCAF pilot coaches will provide valuable training on the following:

-Faction Play interface basics
-Building your battlemechs for Faction Play/Community Warfare
-Team coordination training
-Standard map strategies
-Answer all and any questions you may have about becoming a better Faction Warfare pilot

Please visit our forum at http://tikonov.ru/index.php/en/ and post below to express you interest in participating. We look forward to working with you to improve your Faction Play/Community Warfare experience!

Edited by WARCRACK, 06 May 2016 - 03:57 AM.

#2 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

These are good pilots, who always pull their weight in games.

If you are new to MWO, unfamiliar with FW, or need some advice but don't want to ask in the middle of matches, you could do far, FAR worse than taking up this extremely generous offer - you will notice a difference, and you will have more fun as you damage and destroy more of the enemy in matches.

#3 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

TCAF has always been respected and feared throughout the Sphere, I highly recommend anyone wanting to improve, jump on and learn from these guys.

Posted Image

Edited by Carl Vickers, 05 May 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#4 MingTheMerciless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 200 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between here and Sian

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:30 AM

They guys get my vote! Dropped with them many times and they are quite fearless, very competent and very good at what they do: which is to smash enemy mechs to scrap.

Always a pleasure to drop with them.

Edited by MingTheMerciless, 06 May 2016 - 05:31 AM.

#5 TimeBomb572

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:45 PM

I attended the boot camp session this past weekend. If you can get passed all of the crazy russian nonsense that sounds like an angry swarm of Ak's going off in your ear, you will learn a LOT and you will have all the support you need to focus on the task at hand. I had an english speaking helper talk me through it and remind me where I should be and what I should be doing, to the point that he ejected to drop with me on a respawn and help me figure out what the dickens to do when hellfire and brimstone is raining down. I'm a total noob and I learned more than 100 quick matches could have ever taught me. Will drop with them again every chance I get.

Might even have to learn a little russian. Or at least try and read those crazy cyrillic scribbly letters. For what it's worth, I owned Mosin's from both Tula and Isvhesk armories... Brownie points?

-Travis

#6 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostTimeBomb427, on 09 May 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

I owned Mosin's from both Tula and Isvhesk armories... Brownie points?

Если вы очистили их должны образом , может быть.

Edited by Orkdung, 10 May 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#7 TimeBomb572

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

It took me about an hour to sound that out, but yes, they were very clean!

-Travis

#8 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

Nice idea, very appreciated! Hopefully you'll have a lot of participants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users