Kodiak Hype Train

BattleMechs General Gameplay

109 replies to this topic

#101 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

View PostRaso, on 13 May 2016 - 07:59 AM, said:

And we have quirks!

Tiny, unreadable quirks......

Unless you right click the picture and select "open in new tab"

Posted Image

LOL

PGI, please.

Why do you think the KDK-1 and KDK-5 need nothing, and the KDK-3 needs something? Do you have any understanding of your own game?

The actual quirks themselves are fine (moderate agility, minor structure, no weapon), although they make a complete mockery of the HGN-IIC having nothing.

#102 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

Right there with you Widowmaker. Love that the Kodiak will be getting some quirks, especially structure. Given it's size and role as the Clan Atlas, I think the Bear Hugger will need the extra health to perform. But seriously. PGI is really showing how fierce their hate for energy weapons is, in spite of it making very little sense on this chassis. Easily the KDK-3 is the one that needed Quirks the least. Given the location of the all the energy hard points on the 1 and 5, I'd have hoped to see some common sense Arm structure.

And yes. Please the HGN-IIC could use some quirk love. Orion-IIC as well.

Dat Bear Spirit doh. *Hype is increasing*

Edited by Lord0fHats, 13 May 2016 - 08:32 AM.

#103 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:33 AM

Its the agility quirks im surprised (and happy) about. I was NOT expecting that.. my KDK-3 is going to be more agile than my Banshee!

#104 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 13 May 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

LOL

PGI, please.

Why do you think the KDK-1 and KDK-5 need nothing, and the KDK-3 needs something? Do you have any understanding of your own game?

The actual quirks themselves are fine (moderate agility, minor structure, no weapon), although they make a complete mockery of the HGN-IIC having nothing.

It seems like they've decided that the mechs with the butt load of lasers in the hands do not need quirks.... or maybe that's a coincidence.

At the very least give the KDK-1 and KDK-5 buffs to arm armor or structure or maybe give them the torso twist buffs and only give the acceleration and breaking quirks to the mechs with less brawly arm lasers.

#105 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 13 May 2016 - 08:26 AM, said:

LOL

PGI, please.

My concern is for the missile hard points on the left shoulder. Still looks ugly.

#106 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

I think it's fine that the energy stacked ones won't get structure quirks. The brawling variants do and they're the ones that'll need them more anyway. The only way you'll make use of all of those energy hardpoints is ERML or SMPL and most likely people will run the usual 2LPL/3-5ERML laser vomit or Gauss/5-6ERML builds.

Some agility quirks would have welcome. The Kodiak-1 will probably feel only slightly less brickish than a Dire Wolf without them, while the Spirit Bear will basically pirouette across the battlefield.

#107 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:22 AM

Hmmm.. nope, I'm fine with the quirks. I agree with some of the others here, the 1 and the 5 likely didn't get quirks because of the large amount of laser vomit. ER ML and ER LL work at longer ranges and thus "Shouldn't" need to brawl (Not that many won't still do it as "Face tanking" is overly popular). I agree with PGI not giving them weapon quirks as Clan Weapons are already superior to IS weapons, they don't need buffs there.

#108 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

This thread cannot die! Only a few days left!

#109 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

The 1 and 5 will get quirks post release, if they fall behind.\

People would be raging if they came out of the box with structure and heat gen buffs.

Russ said they'll reassess after launching.

#110 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:27 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 15 May 2016 - 08:38 AM, said:

The 1 and 5 will get quirks post release, if they fall behind.\

People would be raging if they came out of the box with structure and heat gen buffs.

Russ said they'll reassess after launching.

True and to be fair to Russ, he DID buff the Archer post release. In that case though, it was too little too late and the Archer forever wears the shameful title of mediocre. Maybe that'll change with the rescale and QUIRKENING V:AGE OF THE SPIDER.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users