Psr System Feels Broken

9 replies to this topic

#1 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:21 PM

So i've been playing for a while now since PSR was introduced and I hit Rank 2 but the bar just seems to no longer move anymore, I almost always top damage on my team regardless of win or loss and the bar just doesn't move. My KD is 1.97 and my most played 'Mech is sitting at a 3.33 KD. I don't understand, is Tier 1 reserved for the best of the best? Cause I average 600 damage a game and if I do any worse than that I feel like I did awfully.

#2 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:38 PM

It's not broken, it just starts moving slower when you get closer to the tier you belong in.

What's your Win/Loss Ratio? PSR increases more on wins. If you're winning less often than you used to (back when you noticed it improving), you'll notice a slower increase.

That said, it's still basically an XP bar and you'll eventually hit T1. It just takes longer the higher your tier gets.

#3 LongJohnSilver

• PipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Win/Loss is 1.25 which isn't great but still higher than 1

#4 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:59 PM

That bar moves slower, the more you play.

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 16 May 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Overall WLR doesn't matter that much compared to your WLR in the recent months. Do you still have at least 1:1 WLR in the last few hundred matches? If yes, then you will eventually hit T1 without issue.

#5 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostLongJohnSilver, on 16 May 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yeah, for some reason PSR is heavily influenced by your team's performance rather than your own individual skill...the presumption being that if you're a good player you'll be able to affect the outcome of the match more so — Which is true to certain extent, but tends to make the PSR system more of an XP grind rather than a measure of skill since (as I mentioned) most players will eventually grind their way to T1; some faster than others.

#6 Chuck Jager

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

I am in the same boat, but I kinda find it funny that I am not in the top level of players therefore I do not move up as I did before.

Also higher tier games are quicker with fewer kills, damage and probably assists. These do help the speed of upward mobility. U have also found that pug play is will many times balance out t2 with the craptastic t4-5 while the other team may have more t3s. The balance math is not always that functional, hurting teams with the wider spread.

A decent team will help move up that bar or force you to get better too.

#7 The Lost Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

My bar went up. Im in tier 1 with my bar just into the M on the word minimize under the bar. My winn loss is just below .500.

I feel its more about quality wins vs losses. More quality wins, when you do win do really well,( most gain) when you loose get an = or do ok( small loss). Its been going up and steady, and in a couple weeks my bar should be close to maxed out. I also use mostly assaults. Its esier for me to pull at least an equal with one, or even get a plus when the rest of the team derps out.

#8 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

AFAIK, the PSR is based on two things: your Match Score and whether your team won the match. I know it's possible for your PSR to go up even if your team loses because I've done it, but even then it goes up less because winning seems to be such a big part of the equation. Does anyone know what the exact equation is and where it can be found?

#9 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 16 May 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

AFAIK, the PSR is based on two things: your Match Score and whether your team won the match. I know it's possible for your PSR to go up even if your team loses because I've done it, but even then it goes up less because winning seems to be such a big part of the equation. Does anyone know what the exact equation is and where it can be found?

Back when it was introduced, they released a chart showing an abstraction of how PSR increases; starting with match score, but with winning heavily weighing the significance of your match score.

The exact amounts where never disclosed or whether or not they have been fiddled with since then

#10 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

Eh, enjoy your time in T2. Your good stats are evidence that you've well and truly graduated from T3. The last bit of T3 was also a sprint for me.

My stats were similar to your's upon exiting T3, KDR 2.0, WLR 1.23. Now its KDR 1.83, WLR 1.15, so its no longer seal clubbing season. My bar still progresses, but extremely slowly. 3 months post-graduation, I'm only sitting at half-bar (1.5 months were wasted on warframe though..)

IDK, certain mechs become exponentially harder to use in the higher tiers. I've completely given up on my phracts, and mechs like KGC, CNT, or even FSH has KDRs approaching 1.0 instead of 2.0. Not to mention, its much harder to level up mechs due to increased amounts of losses.

Although in higher tiers, there is a sense of satisfaction fighting and winning against harder opponents, and not to mention, assaults become much less of a pain to use.

I like the current PSR. I think its really good. Lets you get comfortable, but no too comfortable.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users