2 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:05 AM

I don't like domination, so I am always thinking about what might make it fun. Its basically king of the hill, but with a lot of funky features.

What if the circle were a lot smaller and placed within an open area; with that area not being in line of sight from most of the map. It would basically be a small wrestling ring for mechs.

The best example I can think of to help you visualize what I am saying Is HPG Manifold. Imagine a small circle with a 50 meter circumference in the middle of the basement where theta is. The two teams would be down there battling to suppress each other so that they can get a brawler into the circle. It would be a lot more intense then the camp fest that we have now in domination. The circle is way to big, and people just hide in crevices while they camp and shoot. Maybe on other maps the circle would be on the top of a hill, which would make sense.

So what if the two teams dont even bother with the tiny circle? Well perhaps the timing system should be flipped upside down. After about a minute into the match, the timers would start to count down for each team. The only way to keep it from counting down to zero is to have a mech in the circle. If the timer gets to 0 for one of the teams, then they lose. That would give the incentive to knock the other team off the hill, so to speak.

The brawlers would have their work cut out for them, and the lrm and sniper guys would need to work hard to keep them covered. I would imagine the circle would not be visible from all around the map. It shouldn't be a kill zone unless the enemy team has shot their way close to it, and has taken up the fortifications around the circle.

hmmmmmmmmm

Spoiler

Edited by Delta 62, 20 May 2016 - 03:08 AM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:12 AM

Smaller circle would make deathballs, deathballier. I mean, we already got Skirmish.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 May 2016 - 03:13 AM.

#3 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

The current domination is already skirmishy. Thats on Pgi. Im just wondering how we can make their choice more interesting.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users