#61 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 24 May 2016 - 01:38 AM, said:

Grow up people. Your playing for 130000 dollars. You have to put in some work. Good grief of the whining is this loud over a tough schedule then the tears will flood small villages when these guys start getting creamed in the matches.

You're going to have to put in some effort for your prize. You aren't going to get a lot of sympathy over half assing it going in. This is supposed to be an eSport. This is the championships. Supposedly made up of the pros. Pros have to work hard to win. It's part of what makes the winners worth the money they get.

What next? Bitching over the distribution time table of your participation trophy?

umm, first its a price pool, the winners do not get all of it

second there is a HUGE difference ebtween putting in some effort and pretty much giving up your life for 4 moths ...
of course many teams know fromt he start they have no chance in winning (Well, with things how they are right now, maybe they have because of a high number of forefits) ... but they want to be part of it and have a good time
Just that it stops being a good time when you have to give up every weekend for 4 months ...
there ARE way smarter methids of doing this ...

#62 Hunter Watzas

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

I think people don't understand what design choices are... especially in the forums here. Every design has cons and pros and I think the current implementation isn't as terrible as everyone points it out to being.

First of all if people were paying attention they had posted the match times mid/late april of matches along with the relative month time frame. I originally had expected matches to be 7 days a week for three months to get through all the teams I saw (there was 250+ registered at some point). Now its only three days.

I am going to throw out some counter arguments

1: Make divisions of regions; how do we decide which division are we in? Which NA time zone we are in? What about Europe and Pacific which have significantly less teams. Do they still get divisions?

2: Seed by pilot tiers: That is terrible method because even PGI admitted it isn't really a true ranking system for skill of a pilot. Plus i can make new account that is starting in tier 5 even though i am a veteran player cause we are using a tournament build where i basically have unlimited money.

3: Longer play sessions on a weekend, people usually put 2-3 hour gaming sessions. That is what the windows currently are, 3 hour periods of play from thursday - saturday.

4: Have more matches on a single day. Because that is totally what happens in every other sporting system right? You play 10 matches in one day that are all competitive? That would be 150 minutes of gameplay without time between matches, add in time to talk with team and to prepare for next set of matches, it would be 300 minutes.

5: Should have teams qualify to get into qualifying. That idea is just silly because there is no format for that.

6: Teams schedule their own matches. As a team captain the last thing i want to do is try to schedule 20 matches let alone 80. Its a pain in the butt to just schedule internal unit activities let alone people who are different time zones and team normalices. By having a third party schedule it removes bias from any kind of scheduling.

7: Streaming and refereeing issues; while some say just self report that is the last thing i would trust with more than reputation on the line.

8: Increasing the roster size; while i would love this because i know that my team won't be one of the finalists going to mech-con; this could cause issues with prize money, trip registration, which players are going, etc. Now that being said, i would love if PGI would allow us to re-open our team rosters so people who now know they cannot/won't contribute/partake could be replaced with other people.

Some people complain about thursday, friday, and saturday. But its three distinct days on a normal schedule. Plus ideally if you have 12 people on your team perhaps figure out ways to evenly space out holidays and family time, etc.

#63 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:06 AM

Post is coming.. just getting it checked over and making sure formatting is working correctly. Hopefully ready within 30 mins.

#64 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

Post is coming.. just getting it checked over and making sure formatting is working correctly. Hopefully ready within 30 mins.

Sorry, more than two minutes late, you're disqualified. ;)

Edited by TercieI, 24 May 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#65 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

View PostTercieI, on 24 May 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sorry, more than two minutes late, you're disqualified. Posted Image

Why you.....

#66 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Why you.....

It was right there. :D

#67 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

Looking at Alex G proof reading my post while shaking his head and muttering something about a dictionary....

#68 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Looking at Alex G proof reading my post while shaking his head and muttering something about a dictionary....

Isn't that what spellcheck is for?

#69 snapstyle

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

View PostLordSkyKnight, on 24 May 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

Isn't that what spellcheck is for?

Who needs spellchecker when you have alex g.

#70 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:37 AM

Important post indeed, take your time Posted Image

we are all waiting to poke and prod Posted Image

appreciate the effort, and apologize for the pitchforks, that will likely be whizzing about shortly!!! grammatical mistakes or no.

+ what Tercial said...though, he could use a ban, he shoots me....a lot, and far too often, just the other day he stripped me clean and left me for the crows....meanie. /s

Edited by lpmagic, 24 May 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#71 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

View Postlpmagic, on 24 May 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

+ what Tercial said...though, he could use a ban, he shoots me....a lot, and far too often, just the other day he stripped me clean and left me for the crows....meanie. /s

You always hurt the ones you... ;)

#72 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

View Postlpmagic, on 24 May 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Important post indeed, take your time Posted Image

we are all waiting to poke and prod Posted Image

appreciate the effort, and apologize for the pitchforks, that will likely be whizzing about shortly!!! grammatical mistakes or no.

Only if lp gets banned for trying to sabotage our team. You can't have terc. We need him. Also we only throw pitchforks because we care. Our piercing love can overcome all.

#73 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

View PostLordSkyKnight, on 24 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

Only if lp gets banned for trying to sabotage our team. You can't have terc. We need him. Also we only throw pitchforks because we care. Our piercing love can overcome all.

but, but, but......I iz the innocent one here............I just want to haz mah time to shine.......and I can't do that with no stupid weapons!!!!!

halp I've been attacked!!

#74 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:50 AM

Still waiting. Just looked around still waiting on final confirmation.

Since it's taking a bit.. the tl;dr jist is that we are severely relaxing the rules around scheduling. The details are in the post. I'll sit on Alex's shoulder until it's done. Sorry for the delay.

Gimme the match time/date for the Ipmagic and Terciel problem. I'll get to the bottom of it.

#75 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Since it's taking a bit.. the tl;dr jist is that we are severely relaxing the rules around scheduling. The details are in the post. I'll sit on Alex's shoulder until it's done. Sorry for the delay.

Gimme the match time/date for the Ipmagic and Terciel problem. I'll get to the bottom of it.

SUCCESS!!!!!!

#76 LordSkyKnight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 194 posts
  • LocationPLACES!!!

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:56 AM

View Postlpmagic, on 24 May 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

SUCCESS!!!!!!

You realize this means you have to 1v1 terc and win with Paul messing with game settings the whole time, right?

#77 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

View PostLordSkyKnight, on 24 May 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

You realize this means you have to 1v1 terc and win with Paul messing with game settings the whole time, right?

That actually would be fun, no gravity?, speed triple, target lock on rocks only? :) mechs suffer from a palsey and feint? that could be spectacular :)

Golden Boys (SSRMS only) at 200 meters, and I wanna see those puppies do the circled dance from the last ssrm bug at least once...then I shall take my drubbing with pride!

Edited by lpmagic, 24 May 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#78 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:03 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 24 May 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

I know nothing! I did nothing! He saw nothing! :P

#79 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

#80 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

View Postlpmagic, on 24 May 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

That actually would be fun, no gravity?, speed triple, target lock on rocks only? :) mechs suffer from a palsey and feint? that could be spectacular :)

Golden Boys (SSRMS only) at 200 meters, and I wanna see those puppies do the circled dance from the last ssrm bug at least once...then I shall take my drubbing with pride!

LOL. Had a left strafe stuck on one time playing Doom. It was a nigh perfect stumbling-home-drunk simulator. Less fun than it sounds. But man would it be cool to be able to mess with those things in lobbies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users