48 replies to this topic

#1 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:19 PM

The trend I keep encountering in scouting missions is Streakcrows up the wing wang (though CWI scouts avoided it - and won the match guile [they sacrificed two of their own to buy time to get to the drop point]).

I suggest dropping the max tonnage for scouting to 50 tons. Still lots of options for both sides, but it would help to deal with the issue of Streakcrows. For the Clan players the InnerSphere would be losing its Griffins (notably the 2N and other 55 tonners with large SRM loadouts).

#2 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

Streak Crows are old news, now. The IS has learned to medium-up.

The clans have escalated by using Small Laser rushing. Lots of Blackhawks and Hankyus getting in close and pumping out ridiculous alpha damage.

Especially when they use FF, IS gets wiped clean within seconds.

#3 Kin3ticX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 29 May 2016 - 01:47 PM

STREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

on a serious note i would leave it alone

The way it is right now, scouting is a huge dice roll. Stacking streakcrows is clearly not going to always win

and neither is running 4 lights

or a mix of the two

It really depends on whether you are defending or gathering and what each side went with

Edited by Kin3ticX, 29 May 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:12 PM

^ This. 4 x Streakcrows really is nothing to worry about at all. If you're losing to them, change your play style.

That said I'd not so much a dice roll as it is map dependant, and your role.
Gather vs Protect makes a massive difference and some maps favour defenders massively, some favour gather far more and some are neutral overall. It's really a case by case thing.

Edited by R31Nismoid, 29 May 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#5 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

Stacked ECM Griffin SRM builds eat Streakcrows as a light snack.
Cents are tanky enough to brawl then into leglessness.
Wolverines can slug it out with them.
Kintaro SRM boats can lay a beat down on Streakcrows...

But hey, why use what works. Let's just drop five tons and make everything all better.

Until you run into a quad Streak6 Hunchie IIC...

#6 demoyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:12 PM

This is what happens when you give an entire generation trophies for last place. :(

Edited by demoyn, 29 May 2016 - 03:12 PM.

#7 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 May 2016 - 03:18 PM

View Postdemoyn, on 29 May 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

This is what happens when you give an entire generation trophies for last place. Posted Image

That's to keep them content in their mediocrity so they cannot rise to truly challenge me. Now less decrying the decline of society and more taking advantage of it.

#8 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

View Postdemoyn, on 29 May 2016 - 03:12 PM, said:

This is what happens when you give an entire generation trophies for last place. Posted Image

We did not have such things during OAC.

#9 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:31 AM

just literally facetank a streakkcrow and see it spread like hell

streaks are the worst things one can bring.

#10 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:06 AM

streaks are the worst things one can bring.

If so. Why is the SSRM so popular? And don't connect this to the tier level. I see plenty of competetive players in Faction Play Scouting & Invasion with nothing but streaks.

#11 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:36 AM

Because someone is sporting a tag of a competitive team does not mean that they are a competitive player.

Please show some screenshots of competitive players running nothing but SSRM mechs (backup weapons are acceptable if it is SPL/Streaks for example) in Scouting or Invasion. Please also make sure that the weapons are not regular SRMS or SRM-Artemis (without streak)... or would that come under naming and shaming as just about every competitive player should be ashamed of running either streaks or Lurms?

#12 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:08 AM

View PostJoey Tankblaster, on 30 May 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

If so. Why is the SSRM so popular? And don't connect this to the tier level. I see plenty of competetive players in Faction Play Scouting & Invasion with nothing but streaks.

How about cos they want to farm "Kill Most Damage Dealt" scores to get higher standing in FP leaderboard?

#13 Joey Tankblaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 516 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:49 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 30 May 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Please show some screenshots of competitive players running nothing but SSRM mechs (backup weapons are acceptable if it is SPL/Streaks for example) in Scouting or Invasion.

Ahhh - no. Naming & shaming is not my business. You may watch some streams on twitch or youtube and find it out for yourself.

ow about cos they want to farm "Kill Most Damage Dealt" scores to get higher standing in FP leaderboard?

Like this idea. Streaks have a huge damage potential. Endscreens may add to the e-peen of some players.

#14 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

To be fair, I run a Streakcrow when I'm gaming through a migraine and need a little help with gunnery, but still want to play with my friends. It's just something I've come to accept about the way my head 'works' these days. I get loads of side effects when I get a migraine, they impair my ability to focus or think clearly, so I use a crutch in order to be useful to the group.

But as far as how effective Streaks are in general? I've broken 800 pts of damage in my Streakcrow in scouting mode, but killed nothing. That alone tells me they're not a devastating weapon, they just generate impressive numbers and make you THINK they're doing well. I would have been a far greater asset to the group with SRMs or lasers.

So, if you should find yourself attempting to knife fight a Streakcrow in a Spider, Commando, Panther, etc. It will most likely eat you. If you're the guy that brought the AC5 Firestarter to the scouting match the other day, please reconsider your life choices. No lie there. AC5 Firestarter.... /sigh

#15 Feral Goose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:49 AM

becha stop seeing as many 4-man StreakCrows when we stop seeing 4-man Oxides. But where is the complaint thread over 4-man Oxides? Oh that's right, complaining about an enemy's tactic is frowned upon by the clan. We tend to take on the "improvise adapt overcome" attitude, rather then whining on MWO forums how PGI needs to step in and do something.

#16 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:24 AM

View PostFeral Goose, on 30 May 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

becha stop seeing as many 4-man StreakCrows when we stop seeing 4-man Oxides. But where is the complaint thread over 4-man Oxides? Oh that's right, complaining about an enemy's tactic is frowned upon by the clan. We tend to take on the "improvise adapt overcome" attitude, rather then whining on MWO forums how PGI needs to step in and do something.

Clans don't whine? hahaha. It's early...please. Save some of this for later.

#17 Fang01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 993 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

On the contrary, remove the single mech tonnage limit and simply limit the team weight to 160 tons. This brings the importance of lighter mechs to the front as well as opens scouting to those who don't pilot smaller mechs. You want to be the fool who brings an atlas? Be my guest but you're balanced by three locusts. You want a marauder? Your Lance could be filled out by a Phoenix hawk and locusts. Want some crows? You're gonna need a pair of MLXs. Much more logical system overall

#18 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:06 PM

@Simbaca - No. Stormcrows are the best in class for mediums, that is no reason to remove them. IS can fight them and win. The streak crows are a hard counter for some lights, not an all purpose "I win" button.

@FeralGoose - No, clan players have never complained about IS mechs or quirks. Right. These forums would be a quarter of their current size if we had all refrained from complaining about what is thought to be OP that particular moment.

#19 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:37 PM

Better yet change the tonnage to 100. Make it a risk vs reward thing and lets see Streakcrows dominate a Steiner Scout Lance.

#20 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 12:40 PM

Recon in force should be a thing. This will need destroyable buildings though. Mixed with some intel points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users