#21 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostHusker Dude, on 03 June 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Wait, this can hit you in the drop zone? I stepped off the drop ship with a fresh mech and was hit and killed by Long Tom before I could leave the zone. This is absurd.

This is a feature. It's literally working as intended.

View PostPat Kell, on 03 June 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

You know, it may be easier just to agree as a community not to scout the long tom. If pgi won't fix this, lets just all agree not to scout when it becomes possible to get the long tom.

(please note that I fully expect people to come back and say "no way, long tom rocks and his hilarious and blah blah blah." I am hoping that this helps you guys understand what PGI and other people go through on a daily basis when something occurs that some people like and others don't. For the record, I hate long tom, as funny as it was to watch the first time. It will ruin this mode if it isn't addressed soon and in a serious manner. Just wanted to point out that as a community, it would be within the realm of possibilities for us to fix this problem ourselves without any assistance or interference from PGI at all. But then again, that would be asking a lot to have a bunch of gamers to take responsibility for their behavior inside of a game. Any bets on who can fix the issue first, us or PGI? not to try to sway your vote but I don't scout at all and strongly encourage in our unit to not scout...it's just not worth it as the first 2 perks are nice but unneeded and the 3rd, well the 3rd is just ridiculously OP.)

It's not going to happen. We'll have a Battle of Tukayyid 3 first with all of this on some glorious display.

#22 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:13 AM

Posted Image

#23 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:20 AM

Long Tom will make FW great again... pfff

#24 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:46 AM

Yea it got buffed again damage-wise, unnecessarily. For a week or so it felt to be in a 'not good but acceptable' place, now it def needs adjustment again.

Damage is too high
Frequency too high (every 2nd satsweep seems better)

Maybe replace it with an ECM that shuts everybody affected down just like overheat, could be fun... If no adjustment is made, it's seemingly the best to remove it alltogether. I thought it brought a change of pace, but I agree that the balance of the feature is totally out of place.

#25 Duke Nedo

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:30 AM

View PostiLLcapitan, on 04 June 2016 - 01:46 AM, said:

Yea it got buffed again damage-wise, unnecessarily. For a week or so it felt to be in a 'not good but acceptable' place, now it def needs adjustment again.

Damage is too high
Frequency too high (every 2nd satsweep seems better)

Maybe replace it with an ECM that shuts everybody affected down just like overheat, could be fun... If no adjustment is made, it's seemingly the best to remove it alltogether. I thought it brought a change of pace, but I agree that the balance of the feature is totally out of place.

Totally this -^ Freq. is so high that there is no time to get anything useful done in between nukes, and the ECM idea is excellent! Much better than what we have now, much better.

#26 DivBy0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:14 AM

[Long Tom] (and the Streak Crow against PUG Game Mode) work as intended.
Nuke the small playerbase out of the game and get rid of possible new player, so that PGI can shutdown/ignore FP and concentrate on selling Mech Packs. Mission accomplished?
Phase 3 have show us the real meaning of "End Game Content"

Edited by draiocht, 09 July 2016 - 10:37 AM.
edited out vulgarity

#27 Hanutta

Rookie

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

Today i had the first game with the longtom. i mean against the longtom. I didn´t play a lot of faction plays but with the longtom on the other side...no, never. I will not play any invasion against a lontom. And i wanted to start faction play seriously.
In the match today the longtom destroyed a full heavy lance with the first shot. We were on the half way to the gates. The second shot destroyed three more mechs and hey, there was the gate. And 2 assault lances. My first two heavy mechs fired 3 shots, before they get destroyed. In the whole game the longtom killed more mechs than the enemy team. They could easily invade our dropping zone and that was the fastes game.
Crap game :(

#28 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:57 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 03 June 2016 - 09:44 PM, said:

You know, it may be easier just to agree as a community not to scout the long tom. If pgi won't fix this, lets just all agree not to scout when it becomes possible to get the long tom.

(please note that I fully expect people to come back and say "no way, long tom rocks and his hilarious and blah blah blah." I am hoping that this helps you guys understand what PGI and other people go through on a daily basis when something occurs that some people like and others don't. For the record, I hate long tom, as funny as it was to watch the first time. It will ruin this mode if it isn't addressed soon and in a serious manner. Just wanted to point out that as a community, it would be within the realm of possibilities for us to fix this problem ourselves without any assistance or interference from PGI at all. But then again, that would be asking a lot to have a bunch of gamers to take responsibility for their behavior inside of a game. Any bets on who can fix the issue first, us or PGI? not to try to sway your vote but I don't scout at all and strongly encourage in our unit to not scout...it's just not worth it as the first 2 perks are nice but unneeded and the 3rd, well the 3rd is just ridiculously OP.)

PGI will fix the issue first as there is a snowball's chance in hell that a community can self-police. PGI modifying long tom (i.e. upping its damage because lets face it it needs to be even more soul crushing) is far more in the realm of possibility and has in fact already happened once through patch regression.

#29 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:32 AM

Dropped by accident in my light and tried to put a good light on it by searching for the enemy using seismic. I found the enemy and died with zero damage after 6 of the enemy died.

since I was against the hillside I had zero chance of seeing the smoke.

I respawned after my unit went to camp the spawn point (better them than us). I was now in a big slow mech and caught the enemy that bypassed the push and went from 85% health 50% after killing 2 in a 1v1. It was better than being on the red team, but damn I would rather play the game instead of some weird insta kill mechanic that is hard to see how and why it hits where.

#30 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:39 AM

Nurse: "The patient is unconscious and barely breathing!"

Dr PGI: "Quick, apply more band-aids!"

#31 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostAppogee, on 05 June 2016 - 06:39 AM, said:

Nurse: "The patient is unconscious and barely breathing!"

Dr PGI: "Quick, apply more band-aids!"

I've been referring to 'Hot Fixes' as Bandaid Jenga for a while now, because you never know what new and interesting 'features' will be added to the game when they attempt to fix this pile of sh*t they've created.

#32 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

Not sure what the problem is.

CW/FW/FP has been designed to stomp the living hell out of new players since it was first released. No matchmaker, trial decks, you name it. How is this any different?

If the other team has Long Tom, that means their scouts were better than yours and let them have it. In the Clans, that's expected. If your team clusters up to aim their LRMs carefully and gets wiped by Long Tom, then it got what it deserved....and exactly why PGI put it in there.

Download our stompy robot game! Spend some money, buy some mechs! Now get lost and make room for the next crop of suckers.

#33 NUSQUAM

• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:07 PM

Just had a game where the Long Tom was 1-shotting entire lances within 800m. I was 700 and change away, almost 800 and it blew me out.

30 something kills were long tom. It was not like this two weeks ago. Then we even crowded the last enemy and body blocked him in a circle, long tom hit and barely damaged us and it landed directly on us, we were in a 50m radius from the center. Now, it's instant death within ~800m. It's ridiculous. That is well beyond the supposed 300m radius.

#34 Jubblator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:30 PM

To me this is a really bad design choice to have in a game that allows pugs to queue up.
I for one am still enjoying myself, but on the 10th attempt at assaulting a Long Tom location i might just quit the battle (if a pug). I mean ok, ill read up on strategies, but you cant really have both a vibrant newplayer community and **** like this.
The biggest gripe to me is that i has no counter, no way to avoid getting hit (hug a wall or sumfin) you just die (1 shot in a king crab) with the only redeeming factor of the "fun" of running directly into enemies and getting them killed alongside with me (which again is a really poor design decision for a defensive gun). Not to mention it will fire on you before you even reach the enemy base, so while youre almost at the door of the assault you instantly loose some mechs.

I vote remove it or make a skillbased counter to it possible.
Maybe mech equipment that will mitigate some of the damage from it specifically (tradeoff tonnage cost).
This if anything will make people, as others have pointed out, quit.
This is also so stupid to have ingame like this when a steam summer sale is in and alot of new players join up.
The gun is not hard to play against, its just impossible.

Edited by Jublator, 30 June 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#35 SirLucien

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

Just played a match, Longtom killed more mechs than anything else on the map, I had three mechs insta killed, no damage from anything else, it fires off every couple of minutes, same as sensor sweep, and the radius from the smoke is quite large. No mechs were immune, nothing survived anywhere near the shell hit.

I was hoping to like FW, guess I need to wait till something is done.

#36 maniacos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostHelsbane, on 26 May 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Seriously, why is it that other game companies have a fairly straightforward approach to game design while PGI's approach is like stage three of a Ninja Warrior course?

Because Russ has his head up his own a$$ and, while sucking at game developing, truly believes he does a great thing. And meanwhile his minions are laughing at forum posts where their freaking customers are complaining.

#37 4er3BaPa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationSerov, Russia

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:32 PM

Long Tom not use nuke. Only Thumper in Jihad Era (Grand Titan Vengeance use it once).
Please stop to move this game to 3D Defcon, use conventional arms and Rules for a Knight!

#38 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:22 AM

Internet slow in Mordor, yes?

#39 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:18 AM

View Post4er3BaPa, on 15 May 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

Long Tom not use nuke. Only Thumper in Jihad Era (Grand Titan Vengeance use it once).
Please stop to move this game to 3D Defcon, use conventional arms and Rules for a Knight!

nERF lONG tOM1

#40 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 24 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

It got replaced by the Arrow IX surface to air anti-dropship guided cruise missiles.
Now they simply blow every second dropship out of the sky in spectacular fashion and those on the ground get to watch a lance of their teammates plummet into the ground in a firery ball of molten twisted metal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users