14 replies to this topic

#1 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:20 PM

Hello guys.
first, sorry for my bad english.

second, can u help me with several question which i'm not fully understand in game, can't find this in game guides.

Q1) I playing on executioner, with some sort of build. 10 SPL + 2 SRM artemis and target-comp 3. or target-comp 2 + Clan active probe.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1e5e8ed229ff019

I also try some experiment/test in future (just not have enough c-bills now) like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b1ad6c18eb666f5
target comp 5+ worth it? i mean deleting 3 SP-Lasers for it. I never see someone use it in guides, and just want to try.

Q2) Target-comp item increase range or projectile speed for SRM rockets? or critical damage maybe? I mean, how it working with rokets?

Q3) It is possible shooting from rockets or lasers and deal critical hit (or destroy components) through armor? for example, destroying enemy weapons when his arm armor not destroyed yet?
If yes, target-comp help with this?

Q4) I open 2 modules. Derp-radar and Seismic Activity. But i'm not sure which modules better open for Weapons (with my exe build)
In combination SRM+SPL, what will be better, range or reload time and why?

I'm thinking in this way. Get Reload speed for SRM rockets, and Range for small lasers (i have ~170m, with module it will be ~190, i think it can be good)
Despite my build have a very small range for damage, reload looks more better, but executioner with a tonnes of laser are very hot "thing", so i fear even with fast reload i cant shoot from my lasorz fast because i just overheat fast, but maybe i'm wrong.

Q5) How working "Laser Heat mechanic"
I know that if you shoot from 3+ lasers, your heat start increasing higher and getting "heat penalty" (don't know need word, sorry).
but, for example. if i shoot from 2 SPL and 2 MPL, i will get same penalty if i shoot from 4 SPL, or 4 MPL, for example.

Or heat system based on amount of weapon which you shot in one moment? instead type of weapons. Or just explain for me laser heat mechanic pls.

Q6) Sometimes i shoot in enemy torso, and it starts "sparks" like a fireworks, and after 2-3 seconds enemy mech die, even if his CT still has armor. What is it? ammo exploding animation?

Edited by ExecutionerMechNeedLove, 28 May 2016 - 05:21 PM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:43 PM

1) I would probably opt for a TC1 and then just more heat sinks if possible.
In my experience the larger computers really only make sense when you are using PPCs (to get projectile velocity boost) or when you need absolutely as much range as possible. Small pulses and SRMs are not about long range so..
Also as a general rule TCs greatly suffer from the rule of diminishing returns.

2) nope. They dont do a thing.

3) no. Nothing does that.

4) get range for the spls and cooldown for the missiles. Generally most direct fire weapons, especially lasers, benefit more from range boost. Extra range on missiles is never worth it.
Ballistics can arguably go either way.

5) do a forum search for "ghost heat." Basically you cannot fire more than a certain amount of a certain type of laser without incurring an extra heat penalty.

6) yep. That is an ammo explosion.

#3 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:55 PM

To further answer #5 a little bit, ghost heat is dependent on the weapon. For example medium lasers can fire 6 simultaneously without a heat penalty, whereas for PPCs, I believe ghost heat starts at more than 2, and for small lasers there is no limit to the number you can fire.

#4 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:05 PM

thx for info guys.

#5 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:16 PM

i also find this due advice
http://keikun17.gith...heat_simulator/
ghost heat calc.
am i understand correct that small lasers and small pulse lasers don't have "ghost heat" penalty?

edit: oh, i understand, need be change option for clan weapons. clan SPL have some ghost heat too.

Edited by ExecutionerMechNeedLove, 28 May 2016 - 06:24 PM.

#6 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

View PostExecutionerMechNeedLove, on 28 May 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

i also find this due advice
http://keikun17.gith...heat_simulator/
ghost heat calc.
am i understand correct that small lasers and small pulse lasers don't have "ghost heat" penalty?

edit: oh, i understand, need be change option for clan weapons. clan SPL have some ghost heat too.

Yeah, Clan SL and SPL have ghost heat, however, you cannot put Clan weapons on IS (Inner Sphere) mechs and you can't put IS weapons on Clan mechs.

#7 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostExecutionerMechNeedLove, on 28 May 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

Q1) I playing on executioner, with some sort of build. 10 SPL + 2 SRM artemis and target-comp 3. or target-comp 2 + Clan active probe.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1e5e8ed229ff019

I also try some experiment/test in future (just not have enough c-bills now) like this:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b1ad6c18eb666f5

The builds that you have are brawling builds.

If you want to keep the SPLs and SRMs, limit it to 6 SPLs in the arms. Replace the other lasers in torso with MLs for longer range or LPL if you have the tonnage.

If you must have a targeting computer, drop it down to a MkI. See below for reason.

Q2) Target-comp item increase range or projectile speed for SRM rockets? or critical damage maybe? I mean, how it working with rokets?

Q3) It is possible shooting from rockets or lasers and deal critical hit (or destroy components) through armor? for example, destroying enemy weapons when his arm armor not destroyed yet?
If yes, target-comp help with this?

Targeting computers do not add any bonuses to damage or critical damage for missiles ONLY for energy and ballistic weapons. Since most of your damage potential is probably in the SRM6s, using a MkVI TC is a waste of tonnage.

Even if you switch to a totally energy based build, using just a MkI will be sufficient. Use any spare tonnage for DHS and try to get your energy management to 1.3 in MWO Mechlab (approximately 40% Cooling Efficiency in Smurfy).

Technically, it should not be possible to damage internals if there is still armour. However, due to latency, bugs and other issues, it can sometimes happen.

Q5) How working "Laser Heat mechanic"
I know that if you shoot from 3+ lasers, your heat start increasing higher and getting "heat penalty" (don't know need word, sorry).

but, for example. if i shoot from 2 SPL and 2 MPL, i will get same penalty if i shoot from 4 SPL, or 4 MPL, for example.

Or heat system based on amount of weapon which you shot in one moment? instead type of weapons. Or just explain for me laser heat mechanic pls.

All weapons generate heat when fired. When you fire too many weapons at the same time, an additional heat penalty will occur. This mechanic is intended to stop players from constantly using alpha strikes i.e. firing all weapons at once.

Refer to this page on smurfy for heat penalties -> http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eapon_heatscale

The threshold for heat penalties to apply are shown there and can be different for different weapon types. Please note some weapons are grouped together as in the case of Clan ER small, small pulse, ER medium and medium pulse lasers. This means that the heat penalty threshold for this group which is 6 applies to any combination of these 4 weapon types.

Example: If you fire 6 small pulse lasers at the same time, no penalty, total heat generated 18.0. If you fire 7, total heat generated will be 23.4 heat (normal heat of 21 + heat penalty of 2.4)

If you fire a combination of 4 small pulse lasers and 3 medium lasers at the same time, I am not sure whether the heat penalty of the small pulse laser or the medium lasers apply though.

Hope that helps.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 28 May 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#8 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:30 PM

yeah, i know about it. i also have some standart laser build with TC1 and 8 MPL, and 4 MPL+7 SPL, which can me deal 300-500 dmg in fight (sometimes more, sometimes less xD). those builds working fine.

but ok. i trying this (more SRM ammo and hand actuator):
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1c1379ee43e49ef

and this (no arm actuator and higher cool.eff.):
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5d4969f5cca709f

or maybe even experiment with this, just for fun and experience :D (only 7 SPL and srm, and many DHS for 44% cool.eff.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a82bb61ff7d7967

#9 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:37 AM

oh. i forgot another two questions.

Q1) which tier is better, 1 or 5? i have 3 and don't understand in which way i move xD

Q2) pub games divided players by tiers? i mean, tier 3 pilots play with other tier 3? or it balanced by random?
because sometimes i play with ppl who play very bad and do nothing, and sometimes enemies are really hard, clever and have impressive aim accuracy.

#10 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:41 AM

T1 is higher, t5 lowest

for public games, you can play with-in 2 tiers i think.. so a t5 can be with t3, t3 can be with all tiers..

BTW, for you exe, i love them, and run 2ERLL's, 1 ERPPC, and dual SRM4's with a ton of ammo for when you end up in close combat for extra punch.. one of my favorite clan builds in the game. :)

#11 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 05:47 AM

View PostExecutionerMechNeedLove, on 29 May 2016 - 05:37 AM, said:

oh. i forgot another two questions.

Q1) which tier is better, 1 or 5? i have 3 and don't understand in which way i move xD

Q2) pub games divided players by tiers? i mean, tier 3 pilots play with other tier 3? or it balanced by random?
because sometimes i play with ppl who play very bad and do nothing, and sometimes enemies are really hard, clever and have impressive aim accuracy.

1) tier 1 is for the best players, tier 5 is for less skilled players, 3 is average

2) the way it works is that the matchmaker first tries to put you up against all players in your tier with equal combined team weight, however if the matchmaker takes more than, I think, 30 seconds it starts to loosen the criteria, the longer it takes the looser the criteria become until at 5 minutes the matchmaker is at its loosest and can match you with up-to 3 tiers, so as a t3 you could be matched with players from tiers 4&5 or tiers 4&2 or tiers 1&2.
just because you only take 10 seconds to find a game does not mean you will not be grouped with a t1 player who already had been waiting for 5 minutes or more

edit:
how you gain/loose tier pointsis based on match score, on a win you cannot loose points on a loose you can loose, gain or maintain depending on your score, 50% of your damage is added directly to match score so damage is the major factor in gaining or loosing PSR, also meaning someone is mostly a light pilot will usual be lower tier than someone who mostly pilots heavies.

The PSR bar on the Mechlab home screen is an indication of where you currently sit within the tier when it reaches maximum you go up a tier, when it reaches bottom you go down.

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 29 May 2016 - 05:55 AM.

#12 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:03 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 29 May 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

BTW, for you exe, i love them, and run 2ERLL's, 1 ERPPC, and dual SRM4's with a ton of ammo for when you end up in close combat for extra punch.. one of my favorite clan builds in the game. Posted Image

it is hard. i use old ball mouse, and my aim from distances is very bad. it is abloutely waste with lasers or PPC, gauss.

i have normal accuracy only at close range, and only with ballictic weapons, or pulse lasers. this is why i don't use PPC or other thing which Ex can carry too. So, use long-range weapons it is not variant for me. only if it LPL or MPL, but it is not very long range :P

Before i play on UrbanMech with different ballistic/lasers build. it is good and fun too. but i just want some assault, because i think only heavier assault mech get you really sense of "mechs" in MWO. To be honest, i feel Ex like a very old prototype of first assaults mechs, which has a very bad design, but engineers try to ressurect it, and showed into him newfangled engine, thrusters and masc to make it "able-bodied". it is funny :D

btw, thx for explain matcmaking.

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:31 AM

Because of how tiers and match making work- do not expect to see a big shift in the competition after tier 3.

#14 ExecutionerMechNeedLove

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 11:42 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 29 May 2016 - 11:31 AM, said:

Because of how tiers and match making work- do not expect to see a big shift in the competition after tier 3.

i know mwo player base is not very big, but i just see the same players in fight many times in a row, so i start think that tier 3 play with another tier 3.

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostExecutionerMechNeedLove, on 29 May 2016 - 11:42 AM, said:

i know mwo player base is not very big, but i just see the same players in fight many times in a row, so i start think that tier 3 play with another tier 3.

if you are matched with someone on one match then there is a good chance you will reenter the matchmaking queue at about the same time maximising the odds that you will be in the next game together, if you wait as little as 30 seconds after you are ready before clicking launch that significantly reduces the odds of ending up with people who were with you in the previous game, apparently a few months ago there were somewhere between 50,000 and 100,000 active players (defined as playing at least once a month).
if we assume 25% of those active players are online for 4 hours a week, that means at any one time there should be a minimum of about 300 players online, with highs of perhaps 5,000.
Higher numbers will be online in the EU and NA evening times and lower numbers at other times, if you avoid the EU or US servers (apparently the 2 account for 90% of the player base) you further restrict who you can play against, then conceder that the matchmaker tries to match you against players in your own tier and if we assume an even distribution of players across the 5 tiers that means at low population times there may only be 60 players in your tier online which will seriously increase your odds of playing against the same person in multiple matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users