Oxide! The Most Op Mech On The Game!

162 replies to this topic

#61 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 08:09 AM, said:

Ummm ALL Jenner Hit Boxes are the same. The Leg quirks were initially because of no jump jets. In regards to the amount. my OXIDE takes far more terrain damage to the legs then weapon damage. When you are running 130+ KPH and you fall anything less than 5 feet you take consistent damage. Oxides fall ALOT on just about every map.

Not to start something that is probably nothing, Darian, but that excuse for leg quirks is garbage. As a close Beta veteran that has been driving the Cicada since it was released, the damage that you take from "tripping" over stuff is laughable compared to back in the day. Now, if you want to say that you got tougher legs because you fall off of cliffs and can't feather JJs, due to a lack there of, to lessen the incoming damage, then, I'd say that is still too freaking tough because the Locust, Mando, and Cicada still deal with that to this day.

#62 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:34 PM

I have the solution....

Buff the other lights.

#63 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 May 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 29 May 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

Not to start something that is probably nothing, Darian, but that excuse for leg quirks is garbage. As a close Beta veteran that has been driving the Cicada since it was released, the damage that you take from "tripping" over stuff is laughable compared to back in the day. Now, if you want to say that you got tougher legs because you fall off of cliffs and can't feather JJs, due to a lack there of, to lessen the incoming damage, then, I'd say that is still too freaking tough because the Locust, Mando, and Cicada still deal with that to this day.

Well put my friend, i also am a veteran of Beta, and i do remmember all that you said.

#64 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:36 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

Trolling? Still, i do have all the JIIC, and its not as fun nor as powerfull like the Oxide

Not trolling at all. I set up my IIC-3 just like my Founders Jenner and went to town.

I also replaced the 2xSRM6s with 2xLRM10s and played that as a poptarting annoyance. Now that was a trolling load out. Posted Image

The IIC-2 I set up as a long-distance ERLL annoyance.

As for the IIC, now that's a suicide bomber. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 29 May 2016 - 04:48 PM.

#65 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 29 May 2016 - 02:30 PM, said:

That excuse for leg quirks is not one. That is why it was given leg structure quirks in the first great quirking. I have been with MWO since early early closed beta before they even had XL engines and ALL Jenners were Standards with Small lasers. The damage that you take from falling is still enough to hurt if its far enough (Canyon Network i am looking at you). Speed and distance plays havoc on lights legs. I have seen more lights kill themselves by taking fall damage vs direct fire damage.

I am not making excuses I am merely stating why it was given the leg quirks.

View PostMystere, on 29 May 2016 - 04:36 PM, said:

Not trolling at all. I set up my IIC-3 just like my Founders Jenner and went to town.

I also replaced the 2xSRM6s with 2xLRM10s and played that as a poptarting annoyance. Now that was a trolling load out. Posted Image

I have not tried the LRM's but 4 SPL's and 2 SRM 6's are sick

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 02:46 PM, said:

Well put my friend, i also am a veteran of Beta, and i do remmember all that you said.

And you

Posted Image

Edited by Darian DelFord, 29 May 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#66 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:55 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

I have not tried the LRM's but 4 SPL's and 2 SRM 6's are sick

Up to this very day, people still seem to underestimate the original Founder's Jenner 4xLaser + 2xSRM set up ... to their own peril.

As for the LRM edition, it's really for trolling, distracting, and dealing damage from afar before moving in for the kill late-game, much like the Mongol horse archers of old. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 29 May 2016 - 04:55 PM.

#67 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2016 - 04:59 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 May 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

Up to this very day, people still seem to underestimate the original Founder's Jenner 4xLaser + 2xSRM set up ... to their own peril.

As for the LRM edition, it's really for trolling, distracting, and dealing damage from afar before moving in for the kill late-game, much like the Mongol horse archers of old. Posted Image

You are absolutely correct. In fact if piloted correctly can actually give an OXIDE a run for its money. My Channel is full of Jenner D awesomeness..... My all time favorite mech.

#68 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:18 AM

I suggest anyone who thinks Oxide is OP actually gets one and duels me in a 1v1 lobby. I got about 52 mechs that can kill it ez pz lemon squez.

In a 1v1 situation a Jenner IIC-A laserboat or even an ACH kills an Oxide easy simply because it is much faster and can keep an Oxide at a distance where SRMs spread too much to do any real damage. Any brawler oriented medium also kills an Oxide because it has about same speed (SRM Griffin with 350XL etc.), equal or higher firepower and more armor, while Oxide suffers from a huge-CT syndrome. And if you can't kill a light mech in a 1v1 in pretty much any heavy or assault you can't be helped in the first place.

In PUG matches spatial awareness is what is OP. 300m range - if it got that close to you without you knowing its your own damn fault.

In competitive matches it is used because among all light mechs (and maybe even among all mechs) it has the highest sustained DPS, that allows it to effectively counter enemy assaults and certain heavies. However it is not anywhere near the ultimate light solution because it is slow, it doesn't spread damage well enough and it doesn't have jump jets. It sucks at scouting, it sucks at fast movement and it sucks at duelling other lights. It's not Adder/KitFox level of sux, but sux nonetheless.

And even that said, same suxAdder with x4 SSRMs 6s is most likely to annihilate your OP Oxide in two shots. A Dire or KDK with x2ERPPC+x2Gauss simply one-shots it.

Only people who honestly think that Oxide is OP are people driving Lurm-yachts or ERLL spam.

Edit: Oh, and for the record ... I don't even have an Oxide myself nor do I plan to acquire one.

Edited by PhoenixFire55, 30 May 2016 - 03:26 AM.

#69 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:27 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 30 May 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

I suggest anyone who thinks Oxide is OP actually gets one and duels me in a 1v1 lobby. I got about 52 mechs that can kill it ez pz lemon squez.

In a 1v1 situation a Jenner IIC-A laserboat or even an ACH kills an Oxide easy simply because it is much faster and can keep an Oxide at a distance where SRMs spread too much to do any real damage. Any brawler oriented medium also kills an Oxide because it has about same speed (SRM Griffin with 350XL etc.), equal or higher firepower and more armor, while Oxide suffers from a huge-CT syndrome. And if you can't kill a light mech in a 1v1 in pretty much any heavy or assault you can't be helped in the first place.

In PUG matches spatial awareness is what is OP. 300m range - if it got that close to you without you knowing its your own damn fault.

In competitive matches it is used because among all light mechs (and maybe even among all mechs) it has the highest sustained DPS, that allows it to effectively counter enemy assaults and certain heavies. However it is not anywhere near the ultimate light solution because it is slow, it doesn't spread damage well enough and it doesn't have jump jets. It sucks at scouting, it sucks at fast movement and it sucks at duelling other lights. It's not Adder/KitFox level of sux, but sux nonetheless.

And even that said, same suxAdder with x4 SSRMs 6s is most likely to annihilate your OP Oxide in two shots. A Dire or KDK with x2ERPPC+x2Gauss simply one-shots it.

Only people who honestly think that Oxide is OP are people driving Lurm-yachts or ERLL spam.

Edit: Oh, and for the record ... I don't even have an Oxide myself nor do I plan to acquire one.

Thank you. Finally someone sane.
And since i know your name and often enough drop with and against you i can confirm that you know how to play this game.

By the way if you want to duel spadejack to prove your point record the match or he will just blatantly lie about the outcome like he did when i showed him that the Crow is better then the Blackjack and Hunchback.

And regarding the overall best mech in the game i´m pretty sure the Kodiak 3 is the new king (Though i didn´t pilot one, but what i see on the battlefield is crazy. It´s so friggin nimble and fast with the firepower of a Direwolf on cockpit level hardpoints). If you lose a 1/1 against an Oxide in it it´s not because of the mechs. It´s just because you suck. Yes, Oxides can be terrifying and decide matches but only if your enemy ignores it or plays like potatoes. I for my part target them first if i see them with a red triangle because i can kill them easily in any decent mech i own and i know it will be nasty when they go on a noob killing spree in the rows of blue triangled LRM Atlai.

And Spade....if you lose against an Atlas with a Kodiak you are just not doing it right. I kill those S-Atlai all day with my 4 UAC5 Mauler. So it should be easy for a 4 UAC10 Kodiak. Just don´t try to give him a hug because you can´t aim at long ranges.

Edited by Der Hesse, 30 May 2016 - 04:28 AM.

#70 Panzermagistratus

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 04:54 AM

Get out of the oxide and get in a cicada 2A with 6 MPLS

#71 ExplicitContent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 335 posts
  • LocationSolaris Arena

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

Let me Guess you were one of the mechs at 4:45?

lol this match was funny.

#72 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:37 AM

Oxide leg buffs were not to prevent falling damage. The mech is gifted the most module slots of any Jenner meaning you can run the standard radar dep and seismic AND shock absorption.

It was a pure combat longevity buff.

#73 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

View PostExplicitContent, on 30 May 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

lol this match was funny.

Yes, yes it was, hence the name, Larry Curly and Moe. And assaults want to know why they die to lights.

View PostSpheroid, on 30 May 2016 - 06:37 AM, said:

Oxide leg buffs were not to prevent falling damage. The mech is gifted the most module slots of any Jenner meaning you can run the standard radar dep and seismic AND shock absorption.

It was a pure combat longevity buff.

Actually you are in-correct on the modules. The Oxide has just as many module slots as the Jenner-K, making it tied. The Jenner D and F both have 2..

We will have to agree to disagree, as it was for the lack of JJ's it was given the orignal amount of leg structure quirks which was if memory servers +4 or 8, can't exactly remember.

#74 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 30 May 2016 - 08:51 AM, said:

Actually you are in-correct on the modules. The Oxide has just as many module slots as the Jenner-K, making it tied. The Jenner D and F both have 2..

Nope. K used to have one more, when they "categorized" module slots it lost that advantage.

#75 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 30 May 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Nope. K used to have one more, when they "categorized" module slots it lost that advantage.

Tell's ya the last time I was in a K.

#76 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 May 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

That excuse for leg quirks is not one. That is why it was given leg structure quirks in the first great quirking. I have been with MWO since early early closed beta before they even had XL engines and ALL Jenners were Standards with Small lasers. The damage that you take from falling is still enough to hurt if its far enough (Canyon Network i am looking at you). Speed and distance plays havoc on lights legs. I have seen more lights kill themselves by taking fall damage vs direct fire damage.

I get what you're saying. I'm simply indicating that the WHY back when doesn't really support it now because the situation that you're describing is what all of us non-JJ Light mechs experience. The only difference is that the Jenner Oxide is the only non-Clan 40 ton and under mech that can bring 4x SRM4s to bear on a single target. So, why does the Oxide get the best weapon suite AND the best quirks:

Locust: +16 structure on all chassis; this was needed because the poor ******* gets shorted thanks to TT rules
Commando: +12 on the 1B, 3A, and DK; +15 on the 1D and 2D
Spider: +5 on the 5D; +10 on the Anansi, 5K, and 5V
Urbie: +5 on the R60L and R63; +10 on the R60
Firestarter: no quirks
Jenner: no quirks on the D, F, or K; +16 on the Oxide plus other structure quirks
Panther: +10 on all
Raven: +4 on the 2X, +8 on the 3L and 4X, and +12 on the Huggin
Wolfhound: +4 on the 1A; +8 on the 1, 1B, and 2
Cicada: +10 on the 2A, 2B, 3C, and X-5; +15 on the 3F and 3M

So, the Oxide has better structure quirks than every other mech listed, minus the Cicada 3M and 3F. Yet, it is the strongest out of all of the Lights.

I don't want the Oxide to get hammered into oblivion but there isn't any need to have that much additional internal armoring while carrying the best weapons load in the game. Hell, the Oxide is better than 4x Medium Laser, 2x SRM Jenner/Cicada X-5 by a long distance and none of those have the durability of the Oxide.

This is probably more of a legacy quirk error than anything but it definitely needs to be looked at because something isn't right. And, this is coming from someone that doesn't ever get eaten by said mech. I just see what it can do and know that, if quirks, armor, weapons, etc. were all given point values, the Oxide would crush every Light mech in the game.

View PostMystere, on 29 May 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

4x Mediums and 2x SRM-4s is beastly. I still don't know why people don't stay with that. It is heat friendly, range friendly-ish, and way more potent than just 6x Mediums. I love my Oxide and its 75% backwards top speed of 105 kph /flex Posted Image

#77 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 30 May 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Tell's ya the last time I was in a K.

I LOVED the 4MPL build in the first round of quirks when it was highly quirked for them and the FS9-S had dumb ERLL quirks.

#78 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:10 PM

Oxide spam is a result of kodiak spam and the hero sale. The next step is spamming something that kills oxides. Guys, c'mon. Take a step back for a second.

#79 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostMoldur, on 30 May 2016 - 02:10 PM, said:

Oxide spam is a result of kodiak spam and the hero sale. The next step is spamming something that kills oxides. Guys, c'mon. Take a step back for a second.

No. Whatever you think about the Oxide's power level, its prevalence is not new this weekend.

#80 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 30 May 2016 - 02:38 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 29 May 2016 - 07:37 AM, said:

Act as if the problem doesnt exists, but the facts speak for themselves! Everyones running an Oxide nowadays because it is that good!

I know how good it is, you know how good it is! But why all the resistance to nerf the bugger? Because its isnt clan?

I own one, and I have better performing light mechs.

Every pilot is different and a sneaky oxide is deadly. But a jenner is also dead if spotted.

Why does everyone want to nerf good light mechs, when all other light mechs should be as good instead. Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users