3 replies to this topic

#1 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:28 AM

Just sent the following to feedback@mwomercs.com:

"Recently, I was playing faction warfare and through several scouting Missions, we acquired long tom artillery support for the invasion missions. Thinking this was a boon, I encouraged my faction members to play one more, albeit inconsequential, invasion mission (We had no hope of taking the planet.). However, during the gameplay, the opposing team, which was ostensibly being targeted by the long tom artillery, was able to use it offensively against us. They would group light 'mechs closely and rush the group into our formation to place the artillery strike with our lines. They did so quite effectively, and while I am impressed with the savvy of this tactic, it lacks a sense of realism and led some of my colleagues to comment that the long tom is broken. Essentially, why would a field commander vector ordinance into his own lines to destroy low value targets?

"Consequently, it might be reasonable to consider some additional logic in the targeting of the long tom. Perhaps it could include a buffer around friendly units and or and evaluation of relative value of targets (tonnage, firepower, etc.). Perhaps we could give the company commander the option to override and to place the strike in a desired location or to delegate that option. This might turn the above tactic on its head, and give the faction with the long tom the full value of its use."

To sum, I am proposing the following:
  • a buffer around friendly units in the targeting determination.
  • an evaluation of relative value of enemy targets
  • the ability of the company commander to override and to place at his or her discretion or to delegate the decision on placement.

#2 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:13 AM

LAWL Posted Image . This what they call "wise tactical decisions". You were not that genius enough to NOT getting Long Tom, neither to use it properly. Nothing is broken here

#3 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:31 PM

[sigh] "Don't feed the trolls...."

#4 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

Honestly, it should actually prioritize targets it can reasonably hit. Or randomize those targets. Say, it picks a top 3 and randomly shells one of them, meaning you can't automatically light pack, run into your opponent's force just before the predictable shell rain, and be clear as they get friendly-fired to death.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users