• CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:41 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 30 May 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Is that a mechpack?

Hero Mech - Arthas.

View PostCarl Vickers, on 30 May 2016 - 06:53 PM, said:

If they add a pack that has mechs with head and ct lazor points it could be a zombie pack.

Add to that quirks for heat gen and theres the frozen throne part too.

hahahahaha love it

#22 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:05 PM

Removing the factions would make things worse, because it would really aggravate the loyalists,

However, I totally support all clans fighting together in one or two attack lanes, and similarly all IS.

Dynamically creating and reducing the number of attack laes based on the population playing at any one time would be the best solution of all.

#23 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:08 PM

Also don't forget the PGI tourney.

For US folks it's like 3 months, 3 games a week. Now there is a bit of prep time/availability time there, quite a massive commitment actually. I think that has hurt traffic markedly and will do so for the next 3 months as those who'd normally have an evening of FP are now having an evening of Tour time - which also happens to be in the peak time for the zone.

Watch FP become less active over the Aug/Sept IMO.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostUberStuka, on 30 May 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Russ mentioned something like this in a town hall... my interpretation was merge all clans in one body and IS in another

i would say they should try the alliance route before doing something drastic as mentioned

2 coalitions might work in the most dire of situations, but i figure the populations are enough to handle 4 coalitions. you would still work for your faction, but all the drops would be joint drops with other players in the same coalition.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 May 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#25 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 30 May 2016 - 11:23 PM

Since you really arent fighting your way across to fight for that capitol planet (whatever its name is), then there really isnt any reason to not just make it clan vs is.

It was kinda fun tagging planets on the way to that final planet until we realized that fight just wasnt going to happen, so we all just quit wasting our time.

Edited by Mickey Knoxx, 30 May 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#26 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:17 AM

The map is irrelevant. There is no value to holding any number of dots.

The population is not irrelevant. Waiting for games sucks and is the primary reason people do not play.

If you'd rather wait than play games go play Megamek.

Two factions. Or if you want IS vs IS and (seen in theory only, never practiced) Clan vs Clan battles, create a southern IS half that can fight the northern IS half, Invasion Clans, and homeworld clans that can fight the invasion clans.

Problem solved.

Edited by dervishx5, 31 May 2016 - 12:28 AM.

#27 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:39 AM

View PostUberStuka, on 30 May 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

Russ mentioned something like this in a town hall... my interpretation was merge all clans in one body and IS in another

i would say they should try the alliance route before doing something drastic as mentioned

Dude. It's PGI.

Not only will they choose the worst way possible to "fix" a problem they don't understand, the implementation of said "fix" will wreck more than it "fixes."

At least that's been their method of operation historically.

#28 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:54 AM

isn't it amazing how many wonderful ideas come out of these threads that are just totally ignored by the designers who don't seem to know what they are doing but for some godforsaken reason, won't lean on the veteran mech community for some ideas to raise above minimum viable product.. They have a community mgr that doesn't.. Meanwhile they throw one bad mechanic after another at us, and still wonder why the numbers aren't holding up.. While again, patently ignoring stuff like this... Alliances is a great stop gap move here...which is why they'll never do it...choosing instead to do something much more disruptive to the organized community like clan vs IS, which I assure you will drive away even,more people.. Its really sad they choose to ignore the very people who could save them from their own designs in favor of all the sceaming solos who couldn't give two shites about this game really other than how fast they get shot out of their mechs in the pug queue...

Helsbane..that tweet is still unanswered... They will not respond. Too sad.

#29 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:26 AM

View PostAssault One, on 30 May 2016 - 08:08 PM, said:

So much this. This will really incentivize helping out your ally.

Although if this happens, people will probably be grumbling about how Steiner can only rank up with Davion while Marik can get LP for two other factions. Maybe a slight reduction, somewhere between 20 to 40% maybe, to the Kapteyn allies since they were never really close unlike Steiner and Davion which were united by marriage into the FedCom.

You could therefore maybe merge FRR with the FedCom therefore giving you 3 factions to get points from I would like to see them let you store your loyalty points in a "container" and when you want distribute them to the factions you can in any way you would like. This would also give people a reason to stay with that alliance because they can reach multiple rank 20's instews of leaving when you get there.

#30 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:00 AM

FRR split from Kurita. So that makes more sense.

View Postdervishx5, on 31 May 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

The map is irrelevant. There is no value to holding any number of dots.

The population is not irrelevant. Waiting for games sucks and is the primary reason people do not play.

If you'd rather wait than play games go play Megamek.

Two factions. Or if you want IS vs IS and (seen in theory only, never practiced) Clan vs Clan battles, create a southern IS half that can fight the northern IS half, Invasion Clans, and homeworld clans that can fight the invasion clans.

Problem solved.

PIrate planet region on the outer rim for IS V IS.

#31 S T I N G S

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

View PostMechwarrior1441491, on 31 May 2016 - 10:00 AM, said:

FRR split from Kurita. So that makes more sense.

PIrate planet region on the outer rim for IS V IS.

Or Clan v Clan

#32 x Nin x

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

View PostAylward, on 31 May 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

isn't it amazing how many wonderful ideas come out of these threads that are just totally ignored by the designers who don't seem to know what they are doing but for some godforsaken reason, won't lean on the veteran mech community for some ideas to raise above minimum viable product.. They have a community mgr that doesn't.. Meanwhile they throw one bad mechanic after another at us, and still wonder why the numbers aren't holding up.. While again, patently ignoring stuff like this... Alliances is a great stop gap move here...which is why they'll never do it...choosing instead to do something much more disruptive to the organized community like clan vs IS, which I assure you will drive away even,more people.. Its really sad they choose to ignore the very people who could save them from their own designs in favor of all the sceaming solos who couldn't give two shites about this game really other than how fast they get shot out of their mechs in the pug queue...

^ This

You have this massive, hyper-interested think tank sitting around spit-balling ideas all day every day, and you don't even have to pay them....lol. Theres lots of fantastic ideas in these forums. I just don't see the sense of urgency from PGI that I think we all want; and I don't get if stems from fear of implementing a bad idea, or simple lack of effort.

I wish PGI would just simply try some of this stuff; I don't think the players care if something gets tried, doesn't work out and gets scrapped. They still refer to the game as "Beta" don't they? Lets try some of these ideas PGI, let the player-base play it out, maybe it works, maybe not. A flawed idea that gets tested and scrapped would be better then a stagnate system thats sucking the interest out of the players.

#33 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:13 PM

Better yet, let people fight with all the IS houses together, but they get to choose pirate faction or one of the smaller periphery states to fight among each other IS V IS.

Clans in IS fight as one, but they choose one of the Warden Clans and any others left behind to fight Clan V Clan back home. The main fight is with Clan V IS, but if a player has high even rank to unlock missions they can drop on the smaller battlemaps, periphery or Clan Homeworlds. A combination of game currency and XP/GXP is needed depending on the missions you want to launch. The more you pay into it, the longer it is available on that planet.

I don't believe it would split the available amount of players due to the cost of planting missions, directing most casual players into the main Clan VS IS fight.

Any amount of brainstorming can yield better results than what we have.

#34 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 12:56 PM

Still there's many of us that seem to expect PGI to go: "You there boy! Your ideas are the best! We're hiring you today!"

Keep on reaching for that rainbow kids.

#35 Mechwarrior1441491

• 1,157 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:36 PM

It`s mainly a cathartic exercise to vent a thought process that will never see the light of day.

#36 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

View PostAylward, on 31 May 2016 - 05:54 AM, said:

I hate to say the obvious, but 'what did you expect?' I mean, after four years of this level of interaction with the playerbase, you had to see that coming when attempting to initiate some form of conversation with Russ and Paul. Still, valiant attempt on your part. Props to you for trying.

Russ and Paul will not speak to anyone about improving the game, because that would be an admission that their 'vision' for MWO was a huge, massively flawed, steaming pile of horsesh*t. They had no clue what they were doing when they started, and they ran with it anyway. The game is a stack of interwoven bandaids dating back to flawed source code they can't even begin to figure out, so is it any wonder why they break something different with each and every patch?

But hey, what the f*ck do I know, right? Buy a mech pack everybody and continue to support their talentless asses.

#37 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:17 PM

View Postx Nin x, on 31 May 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

^ This

You have this massive, hyper-interested think tank sitting around spit-balling ideas all day every day, and you don't even have to pay them....lol. Theres lots of fantastic ideas in these forums. I just don't see the sense of urgency from PGI that I think we all want; and I don't get if stems from fear of implementing a bad idea, or simple lack of effort.

I wish PGI would just simply try some of this stuff; I don't think the players care if something gets tried, doesn't work out and gets scrapped. They still refer to the game as "Beta" don't they? Lets try some of these ideas PGI, let the player-base play it out, maybe it works, maybe not. A flawed idea that gets tested and scrapped would be better then a stagnate system thats sucking the interest out of the players.

It's a combination of refusal to admit that their 'vision' of MWO sucks, blended with apathy toward the project in the glaring light of it's underwhelming reception by the community. What we NEED is for some other company to take over the IP. We've seen the 'best' PGI has to offer over the last four years, and its proven to be a pile of crap.

#38 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:05 AM

View PostGeneralKota307, on 31 May 2016 - 11:11 AM, said:

Or Clan v Clan

The only problem with "clan v clan" is the fact that they're a military force, united under an ilkhan, trying to take terra. Now, I realize that current European doctrine says differently, but historically, a military force that fights within it's own ranks tends to lose rather handily.

That and the clans are 80% new players. Having new players play against other new players goes against everything PGI believes in. Remember, the better you are...the more you have to carry. With noone to carry them, what will happen?

#39 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:34 AM

I'd be happy if the Ghost bears would simply join or federation. Come on bears, we are friendly and kind and don't mind that your belly-buttons are at the back of your neck.

#40 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:15 AM

Or they could make CW not suck so people actually want to play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users