Can We Get An Answer Before They Start ?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 30 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

1) How do you check-in at your match-time?
2) How do you contact a referee to be in attendance? And if a Referee is not there in-time, do we wait for the referee or launch the match anyhow?
3) Who gets which drop side (i.e., is first team listed Team 1)? And who is responsible for creating the lobby?
4) Are we required to allow shoutcasters, and if so, who are we required to allow to view our game, and what is the official mechanism to contact them?
5) Is there a list of referees, or how do we know who is a referee?
6) If a referee creates the lobby, how do we know who to get the invite from, or tell the referee who to send the invite to?
7) What happen if a team can not make a match how do we contact PGI/Other team to say we can not play and fold for that match ?
8)Do team leader get an email address to get questions answered faster than normal support ?
9)How does it work if a team pulls out, If team A has played them and won do they keep the win ? Even know team B can never play them ?
10) What is the match time and view mode for the games ?

https://www.reddit.c...for_this_weeks/

From reddit

Edited by live1991, 30 May 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#2 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:38 AM

Tough to not miss some matches...

Additional question:

- Are we able to set the match date later than the original date (within ~1 week)?

Edited by iLLcapitan, 04 June 2016 - 03:01 AM.

#3 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:06 AM

View PostiLLcapitan, on 31 May 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

One failed match date and the team gets banned from the tournament..?

Someone has not been following the rules here... You dont only get banned from the tournament, PGI come by your house in their Madcats and raze it to the ground, then follow up by pulverizing the central of your ISP so that you will never again be permitted to access the Internet.

Spoiler

#4 AngelusDD

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 65 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostiLLcapitan, on 31 May 2016 - 02:38 AM, said:

- Are we able to set the match date later than the original date (within ~1 week)?

as far as i know:
partially yes, but deadline is the sunday of that particular week in which the original date is set.
so not possible to reschedule it to the week after the original date.

anyone correct me if i am wrong.

#5 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 31 May 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

Someone has not been following the rules here... You dont only get banned from the tournament, PGI come by your house in their Madcats and raze it to the ground, then follow up by pulverizing the central of your ISP so that you will never again be permitted to access the Internet.

Spoiler

Stop the spam, this was a serious concern.
As if this mess of a subforum wasn't nonreadable enough.

#6 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:24 AM

No... the OP has serious questions in regards to things which have not been written down. You have just not read through the rules of the tournament.

It is clearly written, that if any team is not present at the time of the match with a full team of 8 registered tournament players, then they will forfeit that one match. This means that they will get an automatic loss for that one match, but will continue for the rest of the 1st round of the Tournament. Click on the spoiler tag in my first post and you will see that I even answered that part where I was obviously trolling about... no point in trolling someone who has a question if you dont have an actual answer somewhere. No insult intended.. was just joking ;) .

Your second question has also been clearly answered, that you can schedule your match any time up to the point where the official match is scheduled for. You can even play a match tomorrow which would normally be scheduled for the final week of the tournament and it would officially count, as long as both teams send in a screenshot (somewhere... as it is not clear where the screenshot should be sent to) of the final score and agree on the results. If the match has not happened by the time the official scheduled time, then see the rule about forfeiting the match. The only thing which is different between an earlier game and one at the official times, is that you are not guaranteed to get a referee (or dont get one at all).

I know you are Italian and English is not your first language, but from reading your previous posts, that you are very good at it and can easily follow simple (and probably also complicated) English texts (this is not meant as any form of insult, but actually a compliment btw Posted Image ).

You just need to keep up with the rule changes which have been not only written in the Tournament rule page, but also published in these forums when and as they were updated due to player concerns (scheduling) or poll results (map and weight class restrictions).

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 31 May 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#7 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 31 May 2016 - 05:38 AM

I'm german, but thanks for the roses and the long reply.

This matchfinding is fckn hell and I almost regret volunteering for team captain.
My main concern is that it doesn't seem possible to set matches on any day after the initial date (from what I've got), but would really appreciate an official response.

I know there are information bits scattered around all over, but sorry I just don't got the freaking time to search for it in these forums, twitter, tournament page while trying to set matches with 20 other teams via PM, TS, subforum and email.

Mental.

Edited by iLLcapitan, 31 May 2016 - 07:06 AM.

#8 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:28 AM

My understanding is that is the other team Captain doesn't respond, then you have to show up at the official match time.

Paul responded in another thread that the Dashboard for the Captains was going to have a spot to drag and drop the end of match screenshot. But, yes we still need an official answer on the "Check in" procedure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users