• PipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • WC 2018 Participant
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:03 AM

1. Forfeiting several matches leads to disqualification

as posted here http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__5217238

it says:

If a Team fails to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.
Teams who have either Withdrawn or been Disqualified will appear struck-through in the Team List and Schedule.

I am pretty sure that was officially communicated otherwise earlier in one of the many posts around here.
as far as i remember, it was said that only this one particular match would be forfeit.
(i think that topic was specifically changed, since the original rules said that any missed match would lead to disqualification.)

reason why i ask:
i am pretty sure that we are going to miss more than 3 of the matches scheduled.
as will most other teams i suppose.

2. 3 tickets for restart for the whole tournament?

what happens if a team has used up all 3 tickets after, lets say the first 3 "official referee" matches ? (this is pretty realistic)

when a player disconnects on the 4th game, and i can not restart the match, can i play on with the 7 players, since there were 8 players attending?
or is this then an automatic forfeit?

what if the disco player can not reconnect to the lobby match while it is still running, which is pretty standard?
(i have seen that it is possible to reconnect to a running lobby game very few times, but many dozen time where it was not possible to rejoin a running lobby, neither running lobby game nor the meeting lobby before a game.
can you describe the safe way to always rejoin a running lobby?)

3. Meeting with the Referee on NGNG-Ts

Does only the Team Captain have to show up on ngng-ts?
or has my full team have to show up there?

4. What if the team captain is the guy who can not make it to a particular match (since they are only humans too) ?

Is it a problem if another of the other 11 players shows up at NGNS-TS?
Since this player has no referees his contact list, how he knows whom to contact?

5.[Ultra-Important] please, pgi, DO NOT rely on reddit to spread explanations for the rules via other players.
have a CLEAN and CENTRAL place to list and re-post ALL important information regarding any rule.

at least i have no time to scan every forum post here or the whole world wide social media

Edited by AngelusDD, 01 June 2016 - 12:07 AM.

#2 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:28 AM

1. Forfeiting too much: I think this is "no one shows up at all". If seven show up, at least you tried.

2. Restart tickets: This worries me as well. Over the last year MWO crashed during about 10% of matches. It's been good since the May patch, so maybe...

#3 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:36 AM

3 matches and 3 tickets is not even close to enough. This game is no way stable and you set most the games during work hours on the west coast....

#4 Tamerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 366 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 01 June 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

... and you set most the games during work hours on the west coast....

Imagine how Hawaii and Alaska feel. But they did say games would start at these times, and you can reschedule.

#5 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:37 AM

If your captain cant make it. Appoint one member of the Team to take over the Captains duties for that match. Communicate in Teamspeak to add the correct referee to your friendslist.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 01 June 2016 - 08:36 AM, said:

3 matches and 3 tickets is not even close to enough. This game is no way stable and you set most the games during work hours on the west coast....

Disconnects during matchstart/loading are not counted as restart tickets, though there is still a limit on retrys per match due to time constraints. If you have a member not connecting multiple times the REF will ask you to replace him.

View PostTamerlin, on 01 June 2016 - 07:28 AM, said:

1. Forfeiting too much: I think this is "no one shows up at all". If seven show up, at least you tried.

the post regarding this rule has been clarified

View PostAngelusDD, on 01 June 2016 - 12:03 AM, said:

3. Meeting with the Referee on NGNG-Ts

Does only the Team Captain have to show up on ngng-ts?
or has my full team have to show up there?

only the captain/teamleader for that match has to show up in there

Edited by McValium, 01 June 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#6 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostTamerlin, on 01 June 2016 - 08:46 AM, said:

Imagine how Hawaii and Alaska feel. But they did say games would start at these times, and you can reschedule.

I wish they made a real reschedule system. If we were only doing a few matches i could see my team trying to set stuff up. Seeing we're doing 3+ matches a week i dont think anyone on my team has the time to deal with finding everyone on my team asking "when they want to do" it then finding the other team asking "when they want to do it". We're just going to hope we have 8 players when the scyedule time comes around. If not we will forfeit, like most the teams playing we have no shot at of really winning its just for fun. When they take the fun out of it we're just not going to play.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 01 June 2016 - 09:55 AM.

#7 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:56 AM

updated my post with some more answers.

#8 NguTron

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 08:37 AM

I still have a question about this:

An additional clarification has been made to the 'Team Withdrawals and Disqualifications > What happens when a Team stops participating, or is disqualified from the Tournament' section.
  • Originally it was stated that if a Team failed to participate for over 3 matches during the Tournament, that Team would be Disqualified.
  • This has been adjusted to specify that if a Team fails to appear for an officially scheduled or previously agreed upon match time with no notice or communication more than 3 times during the Tournament, that Team will be Disqualified.

If I know I have a match Tonight that I cannot make, and have contacted the other team leader who has not read the PM, What happens when both our teams do not show up? I have already posted on the Reschedule Thread that we forfeit the match because we cannot attend, but if the other team does not attend either, does that mean we automatically get the forfeit because I don't want to get a strike against having no notice or communication?

Edited by NguTron, 02 June 2016 - 08:38 AM.

#9 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

2. 3 tickets for restart for the whole tournament?[/u] what happens if a team has used up all 3 tickets after, lets say the first 3 "official referee" matches ? (this is pretty realistic) when a player disconnects on the 4th game, and i can not restart the match, can i play on with the 7 players, since there were 8 players attending? or is this then an automatic forfeit? what if the disco player can not reconnect to the lobby match while it is still running, which is pretty standard? (i have seen that it is possible to reconnect to a running lobby game very few times, but many dozen time where it was not possible to rejoin a running lobby, neither running lobby game nor the meeting lobby before a game. can you describe the safe way to always rejoin a running lobby?)

Matches having to be restarted due to disconnects will not use a ticket. However, it is the responsibility of all of your team's members to make sure they have installed and tested the client BEFORE the tournament began. Showing up and being surprised of a constant non-ability to connect will not be an acceptable excuse for delaying a match.

3. Meeting with the Referee on NGNG-Ts[/u] Does only the Team Captain have to show up on ngng-ts? or has my full team have to show up there?

Only your team captain has to show up.

4. What if the team captain is the guy who can not make it to a particular match (since they are only humans too) ?[/u] Is it a problem if another of the other 11 players shows up at NGNS-TS? Since this player has no referees his contact list, how he knows whom to contact?

Any member of your team can contact the match referee on TS to let them know the team captain cannot make it but you are still able to play.

5.[Ultra-Important] please, pgi, DO NOT rely on reddit to spread explanations for the rules via other players. have a CLEAN and CENTRAL place to list and re-post ALL important information regarding any rule. at least i have no time to scan every forum post here or the whole world wide social media

The official rules page is always updated with the latest information. If you happen to see a discrepancy, please bring it to our attention.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users