Std for Brawling, XL for support?

#2 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Yes. As "friendly" as an IS mech can be. Smallest Assault profile, lots of structure quirks, decent hit boxes. All that and it is almost wrong not to run XL (I keep 1 std build just because though).

#3 Bespoke Cheese Cake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 225 posts
  • LocationThem Interwebs, often in K-Town

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

XL 390. Treat it like a fat heavy

#4 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:55 PM

Being able to deadside is kinda nice though. For me it's not as clear cut as some other mechs because most Zeuses can be built purely asymmetric. Using the missile side almost always means some SRMs which means brawl, so the XL can be a net liability at that point.

#5 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

I attempted to run them with a STD and "tank". By the time it matters, your CT is already red and it doesnt really save you much since you are low on Alpha dmg and DPS.

It would be different if the missle hardpoints were in the ST.

#6 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

I feel I'm able to deadside just fine. For example on the 9S you just have to anticipate when they're going to return fire and twist before then, even maybe before your laser burn is over. 48 alpha isn't terribly low for IS.

Because of how low your hardpoints are already on the Zeus, you're having to expose a lot of your mech, so you're not trying to trade with 1v1 with other mechs. You'd let the high mount mechs (Banshees, Battlemasters, etc) take the first poke then you can support from a different angle. If they react to you and you get shot back, then you back off while shielding. If you do it right, it's pretty survivable.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 09 June 2016 - 03:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users