Double Up Fw Maps Using Existing Assets

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:09 AM

By using the existing FW maps and assets (planetary defense battery, turrets, generators, etc) it should be possible to double map-pathing without the effort of building entirely new maps.

What this would entail:

1) Removal of defender assets (PDB, Turrets, O-gens)

2) Movement of Power Grid (gate gens) to opposite side.

3) Placement of defender assets on the current "attacker's side" of FW maps

4) slight alterations to terrain, and creation of protected LZ for "attacker side" for early FW maps (Boreal Vault, Sulphurous Rift)

End result, instead of each map having a 'one way only' traffic flow towards objective, each map would have two potential movement patterns (only one of which would be used in any given match)

Of course, each map would need some individual attention. As is the 'new attacker' on Grim Portico has no need for gates, for example. Emerald Taiga would be the hardest to give this treatment owing to the nature of its spawns, and the terrain on the 'new defender's' side.

The upside to all of this however would be an effective increase in the number of maps without actually creating new maps.

#2 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:30 AM

Frankly I'm so desperate for about 100 maps to make this varied to reduce my map fatigue that I'll take anything at all...

#3 zolop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 284 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:26 AM

At this point I agree with this, but maps need to be adjusted so that it not so few lanes/paths. Would like to see more maps that are mulilayered (tunnels, natural bridges, dynamic map map properties... etc)

Still have no good reason idea why when the newest engine, Cry engine, is free to use, they don't let us, vote on community made maps and let them be uploaded to PGI to quality test, then hook into the game.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users