Narcs Are Stupid Right Now, The Concept Is Dumb.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

So let's be honest with ourselves. Between UAV, and narcing, lock on weapons have become a little ridiculous. UAV's can be shot down, narcs is a pretty much lose no matter what situation. Your screwed, good game, that mech you just brought is locked out for another 15 minutes until you join the next polar highlands game and you get frustrated and quit the game all together. So I propose a solution. Why can't you destroy a narc? What's preventing me from smashing my torso against a rock side to destroy a narc? Did it penetrate my mech that deeply? If that's the case why not shoot explosives. Make narcs destructible, like uavs. Give them 10 hp, give them a physical object and let that be it. The narc gets shot in your left torso, okay, then you have your buddy there to assist you. Unless your alone in which case you should take damage from the terrain, if they ever implement something like that.

Let me know what you think? Am I out of my mind? Do the narcers really want to move up in tier because they win a lot? I can tell you it's not gonna be very fun for you. All its takes is a charge to put those LRMs down.

Edited by Red Comet1, 03 June 2016 - 09:53 AM.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

Just move out of missile range... or behind cover...

#3 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

The entire LRM mechanic system is out of wack.

#4 Shiney

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 683 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:23 AM

Same old same old. People have whined about the same game element [LRM] since beta. Thing is, it's part of the game, always has been and is a reasonable representation of the TT. More over the counter for NARC is easy if you decided to take cover for a few moments until it wears off. Exactly how it should be, if you don't and don't notice that 'narc' symbol on your screen or if you brazingly headed out into the open... decided not to put on AMS then that's on you.

#5 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

NARCs became indestructible when they realized that generally, a single salvo would destroy the thing on impact, rendering it hideously ineffective.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users