#241 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:02 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 09 June 2016 - 09:55 PM, said:

All I can say about a mech pack is nothing, as it is confidential information as of now. Low level promises that were said after he was gone for a long time and on the first day he was back.

I was sarcastic since I consider a mech pack a really low level development; it's really what mwo does not need at all.

but hey, we are getting dekkels, which will improve gameplay a lot.
And command wheels, too, because ....you know.... stearing wheels need another wheel too.

And yes, finally we will have those ghost walls and stuck points fixed.

(# sarcasm)

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 09 June 2016 - 10:06 PM.

#242 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 09 June 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

I was sarcastic since I consider a mech pack a really low level development; it's really what mwo does not need at all.

And command wheels, too, because ....you know.... stearing wheels need another wheel too.

(# sarcasm)

Then there's nothing more to say then.

#243 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

Command wheel is good, will try to herd pugs again. Esp. in FW.
Fixes are always welcome, especially terrain fixes, invisible object hitboxes and stuff.
Dekkels have been literally begged for by loads of peeps, so PGI does what people demand and now it´s bad? Phew.

@Procurator Derek
Sorry to hear you are so fed up. I always liked you trying to calm down some of the discussions getting out of hand. But I can understand you, for your work and your general attitude you deserve more respect than some give. I hope the Scout will come out again at some point Posted Image

#244 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:18 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 09 June 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

Then there's nothing more to say then.

Except sarcasm, there is nothing.

I would like we could talk about truly new game modes, instead of always the same 5 minute skirmish.
Or a very alive CW.
Or a true leaderboard, instead of a sad grind-board
Or a true tier MM, instead of "everybody goes up" tier MM.
Or a good mech simulation, instead of E-sport with robbotz

But sadly, PGI Ceo said he does't need any suggestions and they perfectly know what they are doing.

#dekkles OP!

# "content? what is content?"

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 09 June 2016 - 10:19 PM.

#245 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:22 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 09 June 2016 - 10:02 PM, said:

(# sarcasm)

so,.....

Players (i want XYZ fixed!!!)
PGI (ok but i may take some time)
Players (What you mean you cant just Drop Everythings and get it Done in a Hot Fix)
PGI (no thats not how it works)
Players (what ever, you dont care so ill not spend any more Money!!!)

=Months pass=

PGI (Ok guys we Trippled our Level Desigh team so we could get everything Level wise Done)
PGI (fixing well over 100 Map related Problems that have been stick in the Pipeline)
Player (Took you Long Enough, you dont seem to Care, so not Spending any more Money)

Ya the Forums are an Odd Place,
sometimes i think people Complain just to Complain,

@Stefka Kerensky
this isnt ment to be a Personal attack on you,
its just your Post seemed to leave the door open for this,
mean no harm, just Pointing out what i see, :)

#246 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 09 June 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Ya the Forums are an Odd Place,
sometimes i think people Complain just to Complain,

@Stefka Kerensky
this isnt ment to be a Personal attack on you,
its just your Post seemed to leave the door open for this,
mean no harm, just Pointing out what i see, Posted Image

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 09 June 2016 - 10:18 PM, said:

I would like we could talk about truly new game modes, instead of always the same 5 minute skirmish.
Or a very alive CW.
Or a true leaderboard, instead of a sad grind-board
Or a true tier MM, instead of "everybody goes up" tier MM.
Or a good mech simulation, instead of E-sport with robbotz

But sadly, PGI Ceo said he does't need any suggestions and they perfectly know what they are doing.

#dekkles OP!

# "content? what is content?"

Oh look... it seems you read that post but not the one right below .... unless you judge useless even those points...

so....

k

#247 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

I know this has nothing to do with the current topic, but I like how people one day are complaining that PGI is adding nothing but new 'mechs to the game, then comes a month where they are focused on other content and now the same people are losing their minds that there is not a new 'mech pack announcement.

#248 Col Jaime Wolf

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:04 PM

when we get proper chain fire and weapon controls you can ban macros

until then its literally filling a gap that pgi has failed to address.

no other mechwarrior game before this one "needed" macros to even chain fire properly, so take it up with PGI its their fault anyways.

#249 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

View PostCol Jaime Wolf, on 10 June 2016 - 12:04 PM, said:

when we get proper chain fire and weapon controls you can ban macros

until then its literally filling a gap that pgi has failed to address.

no other mechwarrior game before this one "needed" macros to even chain fire properly, so take it up with PGI its their fault anyways.

Unless they implement full Thrustmaster TARGET and Emotiv EPOC/Insight capability, anything less is inadequate as far as I am concerned. <shrugs>

#250 A banana in the tailpipe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:42 PM

The more people abuse macros, the more PGI will have to rely on ghost heat to balance it.

#251 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostA banana in the tailpipe, on 10 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

The more people abuse macros, the more PGI will have to rely on ghost heat to balance it.

Marcos did not cause Ghost Heat, it goes back to beta when people used to run PPC stalkers with no ghost heat, and later with clans when people were abusing large lasers and medium lasers of clans, while IS abused large lasers. over time IS large lasers got unneeded back to 3 large lasers as a limit to ghost heat. Marcos are the very least perpetrator to be the source of ghost heat.

Edited by Procurator Derek, 10 June 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#252 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

View PostA banana in the tailpipe, on 10 June 2016 - 07:42 PM, said:

I think you should remove your head from your tailpipe. You're obviously not thinking straight. Posted Image

#253 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 117 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:23 AM

Macros are permitted. Official PGI answer in
"Code of Conduct": https://mwomercs.com/conduct

"USING MACRO SOFTWARE
Keybind macro software and hardware mechanisms are permitted for use as long as such mechanisms still require manual input to initiate and do not fully automate gameplay"

#254 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:46 AM

Why necro three different threads about the same thing that are one or two years old? Lay off the vodka, lol.

#255 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

Here's my thoughts on macross:

1) They SHOULD be banned - because they allow someone to do something that they can't do in-game without them.

2) If macros weren't cheating, or getting an advantage others that don't have them can't get, then they should be implemented in-game, so that everyone can use them.

3) To my understanding, most macros come from high-end gaming gear. PGI is in league with high-end game equipment sellers like Alienware. Why would they out-right ban their products? Ergo - PGI is unlikely to ban something it's direct associate is producing.

4) Macro users are people who will do anything to get an edge. Meta, cookiecutter mechs, large group safety, stat padding - that kind of people. They won't change if macros are removed..

5) If macros were banned, most of the people using them would be butthurt, and PGI would probably be facing another in a long series of ragequit threads and player bleed. At this point, sadly, it could cripple the game.

6) On the other hand, macros give an unfair advantage to players, because they have something that other people don't. How is that any different from, saaaay, a decent 3rd person mode, which was banned, broken, and for which PGI was made to swear they would never do it properly - because of an "unfair advantage" - that EVERYONE would have? This makes me think that PGI, when it comes to this matter, really cares only about one thing - a good profit margin, which leads me to point 3)

7) This is not the first, probably won't be the last time this point has been brought up. Just like other things (which I'm not allowed to mention for fear of a ban) through inaction, PGI has made it's position clear. So this issue is moot.

Edited by Vellron2005, 09 October 2018 - 04:48 AM.

#256 Christophe Ivanov

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 385 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:58 AM

PGI can have an option to let the player use macros with a simple turn on assignment so everyone can have the choice to use them or not. I might try them just to see how much better I can get. But as it's been said already, some say the advantage is hardly there. If so, then why bother? Just asking if it really does make a difference or not as some say yes some say no. Personally I don't use them....yet. but I'm not beating down the door to get them installed either. Level the playing field? Should always be a fair game with no cheats not available to everyone as cheats WILL kill this game faster than any gripes, bugs etc.

Just sayin. Posted Image

#257 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

1) macros are available to everyone

2) macros do not confer an advantage, only a QOL improvement

View PostVellron2005, on 09 October 2018 - 04:42 AM, said:

4) Macro users are people who will do anything to get an edge. Meta, cookiecutter mechs, large group safety, stat padding - that kind of people. They won't change if macros are removed..

LMAO

you mean people who like having a w/l greater than 1?

#258 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:47 AM

Necro thread has come back to haunt you Loooopaaaannnnn.

Seriously this again. I use a macro to fire 6 ac2's on a king crab. It is no way overpowered lol. It is however a great deal of fun :) I can rarely see from the blinding flashes, a king crab is such a large target I am often blown away rather quickly, and taking off the arms is rather easy.

More whine for all the cheese please!

#259 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:15 AM

This may be a necroed thread, but ...

Here's my thoughts on macross:

1) They SHOULD be banned - because they allow someone to do something that they can't do in-game without them.

How am I supposed to fully use my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog in a game that cannot even recognize almost half of the gear's functionality without the use of macros?

How am I supposed to build iPad-based digital control panels (note, plural) for MWO, or any other game for that matter, without the use of macros and other custom software?

Do tell.

2) If macros weren't cheating, or getting an advantage others that don't have them can't get, then they should be implemented in-game, so that everyone can use them.

I highly doubt PGI has anybody capable of building something as comprehensive as Thrustmaster's TARGET software. So no dice.

3) To my understanding, most macros come from high-end gaming gear. PGI is in league with high-end game equipment sellers like Alienware. Why would they out-right ban their products? Ergo - PGI is unlikely to ban something it's direct associate is producing.

No comment, yet.

Really? Joysticks are an edge? Posted Image

See response to #1.

5) If macros were banned, most of the people using them would be butthurt, and PGI would probably be facing another in a long series of ragequit threads and player bleed. At this point, sadly, it could cripple the game.

You bet your behind MWO will suffer another crippling exodus. If I cannot use my high-end gear in a game then I'll be playing another one that does. <shrugs>

6) On the other hand, macros give an unfair advantage to players, because they have something that other people don't. How is that any different from, saaaay, a decent 3rd person mode, which was banned, broken, and for which PGI was made to swear they would never do it properly - because of an "unfair advantage" - that EVERYONE would have? This makes me think that PGI, when it comes to this matter, really cares only about one thing - a good profit margin, which leads me to point 3)

Again, see response to #1. Also, see response to #4.

7) This is not the first, probably won't be the last time this point has been brought up. Just like other things (which I'm not allowed to mention for fear of a ban) through inaction, PGI has made it's position clear. So this issue is moot.

You bet it's moot.

Also, in the interest of "fairness" -- which all the anti-macro folks seem to use as "justification" -- should we also start banning high end CPUs? High end graphics cards? High end monitors?

Should we all be using potato computers with 1024x768 monitors, $5 keyboards and $1 mice?

Edited by Mystere, 09 October 2018 - 07:21 AM.

#260 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 07:44 AM

holy necro, batman.

*searches for garlic*

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users