Troll Mal-Mx90

6 replies to this topic

#1 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:16 AM

So I was looking at the quirks on IS assualt mechs at work today and I came across the MX90 Mauler. Ballistic heat gen -10%, Ballistic range +25%, Ballistic Velocity +25%. With it's 6 Ballistic hard points and 90tons I figured it'd be a great mech for Macro'ing ac/2's. Sadly it doesn't have a cool down quirk but with the cool down module and the macro the stream of ac/2 rounds should be god awful to be on the receiving end of, plus you can slap the range module on and really get some absurd long range trolling. I know the build is terrible but seeing as how I'm now looking for a new mech to master and I like the mauler overall might as well have a fun one.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...53b9bc35cda776b
For when tossing potatoes just isn't enough. And yes I know how bad this build truly is.

#2 IQcreditscore

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostAethermech, on 08 June 2016 - 10:16 AM, said:

So I was looking at the quirks on IS assualt mechs at work today and I came across the MX90 Mauler. Ballistic heat gen -10%, Ballistic range +25%, Ballistic Velocity +25%. With it's 6 Ballistic hard points and 90tons I figured it'd be a great mech for Macro'ing ac/2's. Sadly it doesn't have a cool down quirk but with the cool down module and the macro the stream of ac/2 rounds should be god awful to be on the receiving end of, plus you can slap the range module on and really get some absurd long range trolling. I know the build is terrible but seeing as how I'm now looking for a new mech to master and I like the mauler overall might as well have a fun one.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...53b9bc35cda776b
For when tossing potatoes just isn't enough. And yes I know how bad this build truly is.

Sacrificed 5 kph by taking a 275 standard and getting all of the ammo out of the arms. A little less cooling but more ammo and safer with case and a standard. The ammo on the arms was just asking for an explosion due to it sitting there throughout the game as I think it is pulled from the torso first.
Should still dakka for a decent amount of time (11 seconds solid without anything unlocked). 14 seconds elited and you can dump a ton or two of ammo for more cooling if you like. Adds a second before shutdown which I am not sure if it is worth it. Running a lot more dhs adds about 1 second before shutdown per dhs.
You could split the ammo between the torsos and sacrifice 1/2 ton for a second case to balance the ammo out to make it pretty.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0ef055e4c0f592b

#3 Ryan256

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaylene, AL

Posted 09 June 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostFLINTCOIN, on 08 June 2016 - 03:25 PM, said:

Sacrificed 5 kph by taking a 275 standard and getting all of the ammo out of the arms. A little less cooling but more ammo and safer with case and a standard. The ammo on the arms was just asking for an explosion due to it sitting there throughout the game as I think it is pulled from the torso first.
Should still dakka for a decent amount of time (11 seconds solid without anything unlocked). 14 seconds elited and you can dump a ton or two of ammo for more cooling if you like. Adds a second before shutdown which I am not sure if it is worth it. Running a lot more dhs adds about 1 second before shutdown per dhs.
You could split the ammo between the torsos and sacrifice 1/2 ton for a second case to balance the ammo out to make it pretty.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0ef055e4c0f592b

If you're going to leave that much unused space might as well take Ferro-Fiberous armor and slap on a few more tons of armor. That way the arms can be somewhat useful shields.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cb22bda717ff58c

Edited by Ryan256, 09 June 2016 - 08:03 AM.

#4 IQcreditscore

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

View PostRyan256, on 09 June 2016 - 08:02 AM, said:

If you're going to leave that much unused space might as well take Ferro-Fiberous armor and slap on a few more tons of armor. That way the arms can be somewhat useful shields.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cb22bda717ff58c

Yeah I was being a cheapskate. Figured Dumping ammo for dhs might be a thing if it ran too hot.

#5 Johny Rocket

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 10:42 AM

Dump the AC2s and run 5 AC5s. Optimal range of of 837m. No macrocheat needed.
Put all on both triggers chain and alpha. Hold the chain button and every 3rd shot hit the alpha button for a 3rnd burst that doesn't break the chain rhythm. Or hit at range with a 25 aplha every 1.3 sec. Like an AC25 with 3.5x times the range of an AC20.

#6 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostTractor Joe, on 09 June 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

Dump the AC2s and run 5 AC5s. Optimal range of of 837m. No macrocheat needed.
Put all on both triggers chain and alpha. Hold the chain button and every 3rd shot hit the alpha button for a 3rnd burst that doesn't break the chain rhythm. Or hit at range with a 25 aplha every 1.3 sec. Like an AC25 with 3.5x times the range of an AC20.

Agreed. I know how to make it a good build. This was posted just for the troll'ish fun of it. I'll have the real equipment to swap in this is just for when I'm having a bad day and need a laugh.

#7 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

I used to run this build. It's honestly not that great, but the anger some people get over the constant screen shake and inability to see well enough to shoot back is good for a laugh until they finally take out a ST.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users