Canyon Network Feedback

32 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Imo the Map is to small, it looks ok, makes JJ-Mechs + Long Range Mechs shine as Walls are still extremely hard to climb while there are many ranged firelanes.
Brawls occur on random occasion and not bcs the map supports it.

LRM cover traps Mechs in tight Locations which can be good or bad according to your likes.

I would like a bigger Map with a few more ramps that make it less JJ dependant.

#2 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 03:29 AM

It shouldn't be that much bigger though... maybe add an additional "outer ring"

#3 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

I personally would
Ike it to be a little bigger and have more places to hide behind when sniping when you are up on top of the ridges, otherwise fine it is.

#4 Sader325

• 1,181 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:08 AM

just make the map 4 times bigger and make it less jump jet dependent.

#5 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:51 AM

View PostSader325, on 23 June 2016 - 05:08 AM, said:

just make the map 4 times bigger and make it less jump jet dependent.

And call it Polar Highlands? ;)

I like Canyon like it is at the moment. Not sure what should be changed beside maybe some destructable things like maybe parts of the canyon walls or even make the covers on top of the walls destructible to give rather mid-ranged 'Mechs the chance to force long-range snipers out of their cover (as you just blow the cover up with a few shots he the enemie needs to relocate).

#6 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

Canyon network is by far the best map in the game. It has moderate temperature and is good for all kind of mechs and builds. Snipers, brawlers, LRMers, laser vomit and dakas can find their way there. It is no coincidence that when this map comes as a choice it is always voted.

Edited by Javenri, 29 June 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#7 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

I would like to see a couple more ramps especially near the spawn points. Plus having to walk a grid square for an assent is annoying when you go >60 kph. But that is what you get for driving an assault.

#8 MadDach5und

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

This map is nearly perfect as-is. If anything needs changing, my ONLY suggestion would be stacking more boulders for cover on the far side of the river next to the 'Junkyard' area. That whole 'corner' the back side of the river is functionally useless because of the nearly total lack of cover. Anyone that would go back there to sniper or flank inner map actions is plainly visible both visually and by radar from roughly 1/3 of the map. People go back there to die, not to play. Many skirmishes have their tipping point on that inside-river corner of the map, but it's almost always face-to-face brawling between heavy mechs and LRM fire. Giving a semi-protected 'alley' on the outside the river expands the possibility for smaller mechs to have a more significant impact.

#9 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:17 PM

View Post762 NATO, on 29 June 2016 - 10:45 PM, said:

I would like to see a couple more ramps especially near the spawn points. Plus having to walk a grid square for an assent is annoying when you go >60 kph. But that is what you get for driving an assault.

You mean <60 kph.

The only thing I'd ask for on this map would be more ramps for mechs to climb. JJ would still have their place, but the existing ramps are hard to use for heavy/assault mechs.

#10 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

My favorite map. I do hear valid criticisms. Bigger with more ramps and it would be perfect. Heavy penalty for non jj mechs

#11 pyrocomp

• Philanthropist
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:44 AM

And less artificial look to it if possible. That spiral pattern in the middle give a too strong impression of artificial arena, I believe some minor adjustments can return it to more natural outlook.

#12 burning wisky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 106 posts
  • LocationHannover Germany

Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

good map to play

day and night will be great

weather change ( but not in every match and at the same time ) give the gameplay more deepness,

give us a weapon and equipment funktionality, that some weopons and equipment work not that well with the weather change.

PS. sorry for my bad english

Edited by burning wisky, 27 July 2016 - 12:53 AM.

#13 SirDubba

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:57 AM

I always enjoy this map. Even if I'm piloting something without JJ's.
If it's going to get an overhaul, I would suggest against making it too big. Can we have sandstorm occasionally? :D

#14 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostSirDubba, on 06 August 2016 - 08:57 AM, said:

I always enjoy this map. Even if I'm piloting something without JJ's.
If it's going to get an overhaul, I would suggest against making it too big. Can we have sandstorm occasionally? Posted Image

Love the sandstorm idea. Frozen and Polar have "snowstorms", so why not? I am just cautious because the particle count rises exponentially and slows down graphics significantly regarding line of sight (e.g. Frozen with snowstorms sometimes has a 30% frame drop, i7 4GHz, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GTX980).

But I am actually putting something in here for a different reason:

I have made the case for more dynamics on different occasions already (see HPG map feedback). So here's my idea for Canyon:
Example: What if ....
  • ... the natural bridges in Canyon would be basically all destructible
  • ... those bridges would have a 1000 "armor" points, maybe 1500
  • ... every second an Assault would be on that bridge it would detract 10 damage points
  • ... every second a Heavy would be on that bridge it would detract 5 damage points
  • ... the bridge would take weapons fire like any other Mech
  • ... the bridge would take damage by artillery / air strike like any other Mech
  • ... any Mech standing on the bridge when it would collapse, would take the same amount of damage as if it would fall from the height of the bridge
  • ... the rubble of a collapsed bridge would remain a standing obstacle and barrier that would have to overcome abd probably hard to crawl over by assaults
Just a suggestion ..

Edited by Thomster, 13 August 2016 - 08:04 AM.

#15 Sauron

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationMordor, NJ

Posted 26 October 2016 - 09:34 AM

love the map, especially on a JJ capable mech. When I am on this map without JJs there are times it can be quite frustrating, but overall I think this is a very solid and fun map to play on.

#16 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:15 AM

All I can say, is this is one of the prettiest maps! :)

#17 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

Don't put a single finger on canyon network!!

Canyon is good as it is.

That takes me to another point: change map voting!!!! Frozen ******, Grim Plexus and that other new ice map is way too often to be chosen whereas Canyon, Mining or HPG can only be chosen one out of 15 times and then they are to be chosen together....

Set a few % down in the map rotation of these damn sniper/lrm heavens.

Edited by Thrudvangar, 18 April 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#18 Sebaztien Hawke

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand +12 GMT

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Please add regular "ramps" (shallower walls) or tunnels/ collapsed passes between canyons so that the map is more of a grid. The canyons are too limiting. No one would actually fight i side them, you would remain on the ring arou d the edge of the crater and shoot i to it. If you arent goingto allow that, then you must create more regular passage-ways and connction points between canyons. The map is too rigid and un-flowimg otherwise.

#19 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:01 AM

Map should be bigger. Personally I really don't like the map at all. Mainly because the moment you have an slow mech you are extremely limited in where you can go.

#20 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:18 AM

Good map, good size. Could use a couple more "ups" here and there but other than that I like it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users