Canyon Network Feedback

32 replies to this topic

#21 Mad Skull

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

I am going to say i love this map. One of the better maps created. Plays smooth and is just fun to play on. Some of my best matches come from this map.

#22 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:39 AM

I agree this is a great map. Would love to have a complex of rubbled buildings on one ridge with roads and rail tressels leading to it.

#23 Lahila Astravnar

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

Yep, fantastic map. Then why we can't see it in the selection list? All times the same maps. As to become a funny game very boring. Grats.

#24 Guy Humual

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 01:06 PM

It's not really balanced though, if you have jump jets it's not an issue, but if you don't one side is noticeably easier then the other.

#25 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:11 PM

I haven't had much issue once I learnt where all the on ramps were.
Thou I think each side works different but no really stronger.
Mostly solo q

What catches alot of new players is the fact the side you spawn on isnt always the side of the map the team fights on.

So new/unaware players who don't move with the team at the begin of the match get left behind and wiped by 12 enemy mechs fighting on their side of the map.

#26 Myrenous

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 45 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 25 July 2019 - 05:13 PM

please fix this terrible map and map more clearly definable ramps and more of them

#27 Cipher2012

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:13 AM

Canyon Network is cancer.... It and a few others like Hibernal, HPG, Grim, and even River City, are one of the main reasons that nascar/rotato potato is dominating game play. The mentality needs to be punished because it makes for **** gameplay. I have played this game for years and the recent game mentality of circling the map in efforts to kill slower mechs has made me seriously consider quitting. The devs need to add all the maps to the rotation and lessen the amount of times that the above-mentioned maps are up for vote. There is no reason that canyon network should be up for vote 3 or even four games in a row. Reducing the chances of seeing said maps coupled with a nerf to armament capacity of light and medium mechs, we might see a slowdown of nascars, which are 90% of the games played. The way things are currently all people do is leave assaults behind, so they get killed and team ends up losing. This has also encouraged more assault LRM boats and sniper builds to still play them. This keeps 200 tons of armor out of the game. The developers are killing the gameplay mechanic of teamwork by allowing this to continue. But hey PSR is more important than fixing the real issues that are killing this game.

Edited by Cipher2012, 11 June 2020 - 08:14 AM.

#28 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2021 - 11:32 PM

Canyon is fine.. outside of the larger mechs need more slopes to get up.. Most heavies and Assault have zero jump jets.. so getting up and down the canyons is horrific and i hope this gets addressed on the map passes in the road map.

Edited by Samial, 03 February 2021 - 11:32 PM.

#29 eelot

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 12:25 PM

There is a glitch where a Locust can get stuck floating in the crack in the geometry of the bridge in the southwest corner of C4.

#30 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:45 AM

Great job !! Removing the center stone pillars opens the map up and makes nascar redundant as they can still see to shoot you if they r paying attention.Having roads instead of goat trails make the map more accessible and allows faster movement causing more active gameplay. The additional ramps and bridges provides more cover and areas to hide from missile rain. Nice Revamp. Looking forward to the Polar rework.

#31 Brom96

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 May 2021 - 04:46 AM

Removal of cover tends to force people to play in ditches and walkways impair taking cover if you have jump jets by dropping over the edge. Games are more timid and passive with teams playing mostly form low points are passively holding the ridges. All in all game on this map tends to be boring and waste in time and effort.

#32 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 July 2021 - 06:10 PM

I think this has rocketed to the top of my least favorite maps since the redo; it feels unbalanced on several modes, with one team funneled into a low ground, and with a lot less cover beyond backing down into a trench. SO many matches end with one team unable to escape from below.

#33 BigSpam

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 August 2021 - 06:49 PM

Canyon, or should I say, LRM or Sniper network. A little more cover would be nice. Once targeted, even with full radar derp. there is no escape.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users