Withdrawing From The Tournament

70 replies to this topic

#21 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

Apologies to hear this inconvenience team captains but thank you very much for participating in the tournament.

#22 Eltigros

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

1CR Razors told me in email that they are withdrawing. I asked if they have posted in this thread but I haven't seen them. IS it possible for PGI to reach out to their captain and confirm their intentions? Thanks

#23 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:50 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...ors-withdrawal/

#24 Stella Starslayer

• PipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:43 AM

1cr has been unable to meet the scheduling requirements due to time zone conflicts within the teamteam, and as a result must pull out.

#25 Benjamin Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 367 posts
  • LocationIn my Spider 5D, killing all your Dire Wolves.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:44 AM

1CR officially withdrawn.

#26 CainenEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

Soulstrom will be away for work for the next 2 weeks so he can't post his forfeit here. I am the executive officer of the Monitors unit, and the co-captian, along with GothicVash that has been personally undertaking the responsibility of planning the matches and organizing the team.

I'm here to announce that The Monitors are formally withdrawing form the World Tournament. Due to issues with Roster size and the inflexibility of the established rules and tournament structure we cannot continue playing. I hope that in the future PGI will consider the community's advice more seriously, especially from individuals that have organized several leagues.

I wish all remaining teams good luck in the tournament.

Signed

CainenEX of "The Monitors".

#27 MostLikely2Suck

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:28 PM

228 IBR Swamp Foxes is withdrawing from the tournament. The summer season combined with the tournament schedule and restriction of a 12 person roster has limited our ability to regularly field 8 persons on scheduled and off-scheduled times, and it's not fair to make other teams wait around.

Hoping that the next go around will run smoother. Hope to see more teams in the community run leagues.

#28 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:51 PM

NightsScorn2 (2NS) is officially withdrawing from the Championship. With the combination of frustration from re-scheduling matches, limited roster size and waning interest in MWO, I'd hate to drag my teammates along any further when the enthusiasm, availability and energy isn't there.

I do applaud PGI's first attempt at a competitive league. Hopefully, next year's installment is even more refined with more implementation of community suggestions.

#29 Cpt Woodstock

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

9STS2 withdraws from the tournament.

#30 Perfecto Oviedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 207 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

201st Stryker hereby withdraw from the tournament. Thank you, teams we have played, for the games. Good luck to the remaining teams.-Team Captain

Edited by Perfecto Oviedo, 24 June 2016 - 01:45 PM.

#31 Gebhart Leberecht von Bluecher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

[EU]

12DG_TEMPEST hereby officially withdraws from the tournament.
The main reason is that it's just too much organisation and too many matchdays, because of the Round-Robin-Mode of the tournament...
I tried to organize that we were able to play versus at least a few opponents every time we played, but this is just increasing the organisation so badly, especially with holidays and other "RL-Events" to come ...

I wish good luck to all the remaining teams and thanks to the referees as well

c ya on the battlefield - hopefully

#32 BitXer0

• Pip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTerra (CA)

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

I regret to inform that the 2323 Reggies will be dropping out of the tournament.

While we have had several great matches, it is getting increasingly more time consuming and difficult to field enough members to stay competitive.

Even with allowing us to schedule matches of our own volition, the sheer number of matches is overwhelming and keeping track of those matches can take quite a bit of time.

Lastly, I was rather saddened that some teams were seemingly forcing DQ's through non-communication, and thus gaining "wins". I would suggest that forfeits should not count as wins, but simply remove a match from the match counter.

I implore PGI to think more carefully about the match organization and tracking for the next tournament, but I am hopeful and look forward to continued fights on the battlefield.

Good luck in the rest of your matches Mechwarriors,
BitXer0 (Council member, 2323 Reggies)

Edited by BitXer0, 30 June 2016 - 07:21 PM.

#33 AtomCore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 274 posts
  • LocationDPR, Donetsk

Posted 01 July 2016 - 11:44 AM

Team [TCAF GO RUSH] has officially left tournament due lack of people.

#34 DEATHRAT 69

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationParma Ohio

Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:27 PM

7-2-2016

I am "DEATHRAT 69", team leader for "Honey Badgers" CHB.

We officially announce that we withdrawing from the tournament!

All of us are long-time Mechwarrior/Battletech fans and we were extremely excited to hear about the 2016 Mechwarrior Online World Championship. We felt like we had a chance for greatness.

We are a serious team and we take our Mechwarrior Online matches very seriously. We competed in the MRBC last season and we had great luck to go 28-2 in the E1 division.

We highly respect PGI and we appreciate the great effort they put into trying to make this game a true representation of what Mechwarrior Battlemech combat should be.

With all that said and with great respect, we are extremely disappointed in just about every aspect of how this tournament is executed, planned and represented.

It's summertime, we all have families. People work, take vacations, get sick, travel and have less free time for video games. To only allow us 12 team members which translates into 4 alternates is beyond our realm of comprehension. Scheduling us for Thurs, Friday & Saturday matches is way overboard. Especially, with only 12 guys on the roster! Having the tournament last until October is crazy!

We had one week where it was impossible to field 8 guys due to surgery, sickness, work, wedding, NBA Championship and pre-planned family events. We all work and don't have time to mess around with chasing down team leaders to reschedule.

A clear and perfected system of competitive Mechwarrior Online competition has already been fine tuned and tweaked to perfection by the MRBC. PGI could have just expanded on that format and made the Mechwarrior Online World Championship a true test of skill and tactics. Instead, this whole tournament is less about skill & tactics and more about just showing up with 8 guys.

If the roster was unlimited like the MRBC or if the roster could have at least 24 spots, then we might have opted to stay in the Tournament and grind it out and maybe even get a top 5 in the Tournament (We are a very good team). It's very hard to get in the proper frame of mind to play a competitive MWO match when you are stressing out at the last minute to get 8 guys in a lobby on Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night (3 days a week! During Summer!?).

We could go on and on. Simply put, we are extremely disappointed and this has to a degree pushed us away from MWO and we spending time playing other games. There is a Steam sale.

We will be back for serious MRBC competition and we hope that PGI can change the format of this competition for the 2017 Championship. In our eyes the whole thing is a huge failure! Good luck to the remaining teams, enjoy the Mechcon and most of all, enjoy the prize money.

By the way, Supreme respect to PGI and no disrespect intended. Just our opinions.

DEATHRAT 69
Clan Honey Badger Team Leader

#35 Crispy Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:44 PM

bravo Deathrat 69 for that post

and sorry to see you leave the tournament

#36 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Thank you teams for your participation so far, we appreciate your time and effort and hope you enjoyed the matches you've had in the tournament.

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

#37 Stoneblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 574 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCCAF Feng Yun

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:07 AM

Things out of our control have come up. The RedLancers are withdrawing from the MWOWC2016 Tournament.

#38 Hug Kesse

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 51 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTarragona - Catalonia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:42 AM

I'm a representative of the 325 team and this post is to announce our official retreat from the championship.

We have tried to resist in the championship as long as we can, but we can't compete no more.

Beginning today, we are unable to field a complete team due to a surgical operation in the wrist of one of our team members, so we are only 7 for the fight. This is the definitive reason for our retreat, but summer holidays, childrens, and wifes/girlfriends, and being constantly rescheduling our agendas have played an important role in our final decision.

We want to apologice for the inconvenience we should have created in the scheduling we have agreed, and yet to play.

Good luck to all the teams that are currently in the championship.

Best Regards

#39 Hunter Watzas

• PipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:27 PM

Captain and Lord of the BSIRenegades

We are officially dropping out of the tourney. We tried to fight and stay but the world has other things planned for our team members.

Good luck to everyone still participating and best of luck. It was a great time while it lasted. We hope to see many familiar faces out in the fields of warfare (MRBC this fall).

Hunter Watzas

#40 BluefireMW

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 238 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Team Captain of the Gyrfalcons

The Gyrfalcons are withdrawing from the Tournament.

Edited by BluefireMW, 08 July 2016 - 01:47 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users