• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 85 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia,

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

I am not the team captain of AS NA, but we are withdrawing from the tournament.

Our team has disintegrated down to 7, and our team captain's PC has exploded.

Good luck to the remaining teams.

#62 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT????????????????

NO Guillocuda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is horrific!

Sorry to see you guys go, seriously class acts and great players, this hurts big time.....

<S>

#63 DeadlyOne

Rookie

• Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 8 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

Team leader for MDKZ here and we just don't have enough active players to continue. Thanks all it was fun and we will see you on the battlefield.

#64 Foulspawner

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:21 AM

Hi PGI.

WDMC II [WDII] withdraws from the tournament.

In the end we got only nine semi active players and we had huge problems to get eight to play.

For the future I suggest:

6-8 groups. Top MRBC teams seeded to every group (A and B divisions). Play against each other inside the groups (about 7 games). Preferably during 2-3 nights. Winners play cup games. It means ten games for the final teams of the regional group. Take example from the football (soccer) European qualifiers or World Cup qualifiers.

Thanks for all the opponents that we played against and apologies for those who we didn't have time to oppose.

Foulspawner
Team Leader of the White Death Mercenary Company, Team 2. [WDII].

Edited by Foulspawner, 05 August 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#65 Cards79

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 33 posts
  • LocationQuébec, Canada

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

As leader of QuebecLegion [-Qc-] , we withdraw from the tournament because we cannot form a team of 8 players anymore. Good luck to all the teams still fighting. O7

#66 NukeOrama

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 02:56 AM

I am the Captain of BloodnGuts [BxG], it is with much disappointment that I must officially request that my team be withdrawn from the Tournament (just 4 days before our 1st match :-(.

Due the changing work commitments of 3 of our team members (including myself) and another team member having to move house with little notice, we will be unable to field the minimum 8 players at anytime in the foreseeable future. Sorry this was left so late, but I tried my best to workaround the issues, until all options were exhausted.

Good luck to all the other Teams in the Asia & Oceanic region.

#67 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:05 AM

Not an official PGI answer just getting together the things that can be checked via the forums, the rules and the teams page (and getting in contact with a ref):

1. Officially they are still in the tournament (not a DQ or WD)
2. Only posts in this part of the official forums (not PNs and not posts on other platforms like reddit) are ok for withdraws. Preferably in this thread but there were other instances in the MWOWC forums that were accepted.
3. The team captain (or a, by PGI, known substitute) can do the withdraw. In case there is a good explanation why the team captain can't do it himself, other members of the team can do the withdraw.

Your options as I see them:
1. Ask them to get the post done here. Either by their team captain OR enough players so that they can't field a team anymore (If 4 out of their 11 post they are withdrawing, even if the captain would counter that... technically they wouldn't be able to field a team).
2. Hope that they have enough no shows to get DQed before your match date.
3. Get your people ready... not knowing if they have to be there.
4. If you trust the PN just have one person of your team be there and take the forfeit (which would be made into a win if Filthy Dozen withdraws or is DQed).
5. Inform a referee before that match that you won't be able to field a team. Then you would not need to be there.
6. Just not show up... and risk the no show strike and forfeit for that match. But keep in mind the no show could stay, even if they get DQed.
7. Get one of their team with yourself or another member of your team together with a referee in a lobby on the tourney client and let the person of the Filthy Dozen announce their forfeit to your team. The referee then takes the screenshot and notes the result. You would be save and would not have to wait and see if anything else happens.

To point 7: If the team just informs you that they are forfeiting and you have no way to prove that (e-mails and PMs on other platforms are risky at least but more likely to not be counted as "official notification") it is you risking the forfeit/no show.

#68 Ibrandul Mike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

They have been DQed.

#69 Private_Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

Good day

I am the Team Captain of Mech Rangers [1MR] and as most of the WC team are no longer members of Mech Rangers, we have chosen to withdraw from the tourney. It has been an awesome experience that has brought us in touch with a large number of units and members of those units and I think this tourney has been an overall good MWO community building experience. Hope to see you hold another tournament like this next year.

Private Barnes

#70 Tolson

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:13 PM

42 SmokeJays is withdrawing from the tournament.

Two of our roster had to backout before the tournament even began, and we requested for a change of these two players pre-tournament, but our request was denied by PGI.

As such, 5 months is too long for a roster of 10 people.

Our players need to get back to their families & jobs.

We had a small chance at Top 5, but this was not to be because we were given loses from games that we actually won 7v8. We often could only show 7 players.

I suggest a significant re-doing of the tournament rules for next season. Let teams win with 7 players, or increase roster size, or allow teams to update their rosters pre-tournament if players go missing.

Thanks, best of luck all.

Edited by Tolson, 30 August 2016 - 05:33 PM.

#71 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:30 AM

Dear PGI I KHAN ATTAKHAN do hereby concede and accept defeat on behalf of the members of ATTILAS HUNS and do hereby withdraw from the tournament, please make any adjustments forthwith.
Thanks
KHAN ATTAKHAN
ATTILAS HUNS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users