22 replies to this topic

#21 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:40 AM

View Postmailin, on 11 June 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

60ish seconds in it really depends on the map and what you were driving. If in an assault on Polar Highlands I'd say it had to be either an enemy light from your rear or a friendly. On Frozen City however it could have easily been a quad gauss Direwolf.

Orion on Polar. I'm starting to think FF was the cause. It was a short hit too, like a cannon, gauss, or PPC; not long like from a laser.

View PostBoogie138, on 11 June 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

If it was Polar then here is what is most likely to least likely

- if it was within a minute it more than likely was a team member. Again, sometimes hit registration is odd. Shots coming from one side register on the other etc etc
- you are factually mistaken about something
- hax (very very unlikely)

I won't deny that B is very likely. I have adrenaline flow when playing any FPS online, and it can really mess with your focus, along with giving you the shakes!

#22 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

View PostApsyc, on 11 June 2016 - 09:31 AM, said:

Polar Highlands, and I never caught what weapons did it.

on Polar most of the enemy Mechs able to put down enough firepower to do that would not get line of sight on you inside a minute, unless you did something silly like stopping out in the open on top of a ridge (stay low until you are within range and you will not usualy take damage), if all the damage came in at once and it removed 50 points of armor + at least 25 structure (structure = half of max available armor) and you say you did not have any ammo in the relevant torso so ammo explosion is out, if you were in an Orion you had 32 structure on the side torso so it would have had to be a hit for 82+ damage, it is unlikely an enemy Mech with that much firepower got close enough inside the first minute to do that.

The possibilities I can see are;
it was a light Mech and shot you in the back (probably more than once),
it was "friendly" fire, again would most likely have been in the back,
it was multiple hits (piloting a Spider several times have I spent 10-20 seconds picking apart a Mechs rear armor and structure only to be accused of hacking for taking a Mech down with a single hit from the front without damaging its front armor, all because the pilot missed the damage warnings)
multiple Mechs were shooting at you
it was a lot more than a minute into the game

#23 NTrippy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 11 June 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

on Polar most of the enemy Mechs able to put down enough firepower to do that would not get line of sight on you inside a minute, unless you did something silly like stopping out in the open on top of a ridge (stay low until you are within range and you will not usualy take damage), if all the damage came in at once and it removed 50 points of armor + at least 25 structure (structure = half of max available armor) and you say you did not have any ammo in the relevant torso so ammo explosion is out, if you were in an Orion you had 32 structure on the side torso so it would have had to be a hit for 82+ damage, it is unlikely an enemy Mech with that much firepower got close enough inside the first minute to do that.

The possibilities I can see are;
it was a light Mech and shot you in the back (probably more than once),
it was "friendly" fire, again would most likely have been in the back,
it was multiple hits (piloting a Spider several times have I spent 10-20 seconds picking apart a Mechs rear armor and structure only to be accused of hacking for taking a Mech down with a single hit from the front without damaging its front armor, all because the pilot missed the damage warnings)
multiple Mechs were shooting at you
it was a lot more than a minute into the game

It was probably friendly fire. I know for a fact that I had taken no hits until that point. There were several heavies and assaults behind me, so one of them probably did it. As I said, somehow my rear armor on my ST's got set to 6 pts. So it was probably a combo of FF and a glitch with the hit indicator. Thanks.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users