Warriors Of Æsir [Wa] And Hrafnwoede [Rafn] Community Invitation

18 replies to this topic

#1 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

Hello everyone, good morning, afternoon, evening, night for all of those of you who are reading this. The Warriors of ÆSir [WA] is currently recruiting and looking for new members from the populace of FRR and unaligned pilots to join our community.

The [WA] is gaming community with a feudalistic Norse Roleplaying theme that was founded over 15 years ago originally on Starcraft Battlenet. Since then our community has evolved and expanded into many other games, with a strong presence on Mech Warriors Online (MWO), League of Legends (LoL), World of Tanks (WoT), Guild Wars 2 (GW2). We also maintain a minor retinue on games like Starcraft 2, ARK: Survival Evolved, Space Engineers, and Heroes and Generals.

We currently operate two FRR loyalist units on MWO; the Isengrim [ISEN], and the Hrafnwoede [RAFN].

As many of you know, the [ISEN] are led by the Mad Jarl Mech the Dane. Though it is part of [WA], it operates on a nearly completely autonomous level, and focuses mainly on competitive play with aspects of Nordic and Battletech roleplaying. If you're interested in learning about them or joining them, check out their official thread here; The Isengrim: Competitive Free Rasalhague Republic Unit.

This thread here is mainly to introduce and recruit for [WA]'s new and secondary unit [RAFN]. [RAFN] is meant to be [WA]'s more open casual friendly unit. [RAFN]'s goals is to provide mature and well behaved pilots a welcoming community and place to call home. We have no skill requirements, and are willing to accept new and old players alike in hopes of fostering a mutually beneficial relationship between our members and the rest of the MWO community. The main reason why anyone should consider joining [RAFN] is that playing with friends and people you are familiar and comfortable with makes any gaming experience much more enjoyable, and it allows you to develop an understanding of the people around you so that your contribution complements theirs. Why make friends on MWO just to leave them behind when you want to play or try another game?

Though the [ISEN] and [RAFN] are two completely autonomous units from each other under the banner of [WA], we are always in close proximity to each other since we share a community forums, and a Hipchat (offline PC/Mobile IM app). So if you ever need advice or to keep up on the latest things happening in MWO and the FRR, the more knowledgeable and competitive friendly [ISEN] members are always just a click away.

Currently [WA] conveniently has a large number of sub-channels at the bottom of the FRR hub that is always populated by our members, so feel free to drop in any time to join us on any of the games we have listed, whether you are simply looking for new friends to play with, or would like to see what our community is like before joining.

We are now using discord instead of the FRR hub teamspeak.

For an invite to [RAFN] or [WA] on MWO please contact me on the MWO forums here, or on the FRR Hub Teamspeak. For an invite to the [ISEN] please consult the Mad Jarl Mech the Dane.

Edited by Numenor, 06 August 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#2 Star Capt Jordan McKenna

Rookie

• The Deputy
  • The Deputy
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada BC Kelowna

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

I would be very interested in talking to someone about RAFN, do its members share the same sense of roleplay that you described ISEN with?

I have TS and can jump on and listen and although I have a mic, I am unable to talk at most points due to sharing a living space.

#3 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:39 PM

Both [ISEN] and [RAFN] share the same sense of roleplay and members are actively encouraged to do so. Though it is not mandatory in [RAFN].

Any arrangement with Comms is acceptable in [RAFN].

I am currently online right now both in game and in TS3 if you have any questions about [RAFN].

Edited by Numenor, 13 June 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#4 Adverse Reaction

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

View PostFutureTense, on 13 June 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

I would be very interested in talking to someone about RAFN, do its members share the same sense of roleplay that you described ISEN with?

I have TS and can jump on and listen and although I have a mic, I am unable to talk at most points due to sharing a living space.

We are actually developing a role play division. In the next month or so we will be rolling it out, so stay tuned. You will be able to be in any FRR unit and still be a part of it. (I'm in WA and Isengrim)

Edited by Adverse Reaction, 13 June 2016 - 05:12 PM.

#5 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:19 PM

Yeah I am really excited for what we have planned! Its going to be fun.

#6 Rojo007

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

[color=#959595]I'm rojo007 i'm interested in joining I use light mechs and long range mechs but have 7 fully custimized heavy and assult as well looking for a unit hit me up if your interested I just like to blow things up and follow orders well[/color]

#7 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

View PostRojo007, on 03 August 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

[color=#959595]I'm rojo007 i'm interested in joining I use light mechs and long range mechs but have 7 fully custimized heavy and assult as well looking for a unit hit me up if your interested I just like to blow things up and follow orders well[/color]

Sorry for the slow response here, my internet was out for the past 3 days. Are you still looking for a unit?

If you are I'll send you a message to our Unit/Clan's discord channel.

#8 Chewybear76

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

Greeting and well met,

RAFN sounds like the kind of unit I have been looking for. I miss being able to drop with friends, especially on chat. My old unit disbanded while I was on break from the game and so I'm looking for a new unit to drop with. Having a Norse theme is certainly a plus in my book!!

#9 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

Hi there Chewybear76, I am glad that you're interested in our unit. I have sent you a friend request in game. Next I see you online I'll invite you to the unit. In the meanwhile I have sent you a discord invite where you hope in and meet the rest of the clan.

#10 Chewybear76

Rookie

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

Thanks Numenor. I clicked the link you sent, but it had expired. I haven't used discord before but it was simple to get setup.I'm assuming I will be joining an already active server?

#11 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

Yes its similar to teamspeak. Though the main difference is that you can chose to use it through your internet browser or the main discord client itself.

Also type chat is global instead of just channel bound.

#12 XFoX13

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:44 AM

Kinda a newcomer to MWO. I started to fight in light mechs and I consider myself at least half decent with it (2/3 elite for locust). I want to join an FRR unit for a more strategical approach in Faction play.

#13 ChibiMecha

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

I'm interested in joining RAFN, sounds like it would be fun Posted Image

I've been playing MWO for a while now, and although faction play is fun, its hard to get groups that have actual plans in solo que '-w- I am more of a casual player, but will listen if someone has a plan : P
Uh let's see what else... I enjoy all weight classes (light, medium, etc,) but gotta admit my top 2 favorites are King Crab and Marauder. (I love my king crab lol.)

but anywho, I'm interested in joining, all i gotta know is where do i start? :3

Edited by ChibiMecha, 02 October 2016 - 03:24 PM.

#14 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

I'm sorry guys. I think RAFN has disbanded =/

#15 ChibiMecha

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 05 October 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Has it? Aww... If it's still up or comes back I'll still be interested if anyone can let me know (O3o)

#16 Numenor

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:02 PM

Yeah sorry for the lack of response guys.

While [RAFN] is not exactly disbanded, we're not exactly active either, and it would be wrong for us to take in members that could be better off in a more active unit.

If you're interested in joining the greater part of the community, the [WA] part where we play the other games listed, then you can go ahead and shoot me a message. The main places we have a lot of activity on currently is WoT, LoL, GW2, and H&G.

As for the MWO [RAFN] branch of [WA], that is on indefinite hiatus.

Edited by Numenor, 05 October 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#17 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

hello!
i wanted to reach out and get a hold of your leadership about a proposal i have open to a select few Ghost Bear and FRR units. https://mwomercs.com...ity-within-mwo/ please read this and get back to me on your thoughts.

sincerely, dante245, Jarlkhan of RXD "Rasalhague x Dominion"

#18 Valkyia

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

I'd love to get involved with the community. I'm a relative rookie with a love of light mechs. Dont know if I own a good set of mechs for a drop deck but im definately interested in CW as well as some casual quick play.

If you wanna get in touch with me, I'm Vara on the FRR/Kurita Discord.

#19 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:11 PM

View PostMech The Dane, on 05 October 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users