Save Cw And Faction Play

20 replies to this topic

#1 nrg9x

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:01 AM

Ok , so i get back from a few months of work and i cant join a faction game , cant even find one , no one is playing cw and faction play has been segregated like crazy. Like it wasnt bad enough to wait for a game , this happens and is sucks worse than ever.

I dont understand what you have done completely , but i do understand IT IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT , think it is about the same experience i had with "Pizza Shapes" recently and i banned them under my roof !

PLEASE FIX , go back to how it was but more games popping or allow benefits of rewards worthy of spending 4 mechs to attack or defend zones. These little scout map games are sad and after 1 , i wont be doing that again.

Sorry bout Caps , but you started it .... lol

#2 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:51 AM

1.) There are already an estimated 100+ "save FW" threads out there. PGI has the serverstatistics and they know whats going on.

2.) As stated a hundred times in those other threads, yes ppl are still playing QP with Kodiaks (100T in Invasion does not work well) So guess where ppl are.

3.) Population numbers drawn from steam ARE irrelevant due to the fact you do not need steam to execute MWO and the longtime players are mostly not inclined to reinstall MWO over steam so .... yea steam numbers may show you the fluktuation of the steam hype and expected drop....nothing to see here realy.

4.) There are several other online shooter games that started recently and they are shiney and new so .... some ppl went and will play shiney and new until they discover the shineys don't have big stompy Mechs.
Again nothing to see there.

5.) Its late spring and the weather is getting better...so....summer summer summer *singz*

See where your population drops come from ?
Nothing you can do about.

#3 nrg9x

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:06 AM

ah bummer :(

#4 Lolo van Trollinger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 167 posts
  • LocationTrollhejmr

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

i have been waiting for a FW match for 8 weeks on Smoked Pussycat. What the hell is wrong ? can i have a list of which factions do actually have a FW in my time Zone ? so i can actually Play ? FFS pls ?

#5 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 June 2016 - 12:51 AM, said:

5.) Its late spring and the weather is getting better...so....summer summer summer *singz*

Let's see how many come back in the fall, then? I don't expect it to be many at all, what with how PGI has gone and deincentivized EVERYTHING, and/or left what incentives are present to be far less than what they were. <_<

~D. V. "You can't pull the rug out from under your players and then survive." Devnull

#6 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

Its summer time. Girls in bikinis at the beach. Distracted. What was this topic about again?

#7 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostDreammirror, on 10 June 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

Its summer time. Girls in bikinis at the beach. Distracted. What was this topic about again?

<*kicks Dreammirror hard*> Get your rear back to 3053... NOW!!! :angry:

~D. V. "No Derailing!!!" Devnull

#8 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

Yeah, this is part of a growing list of problems:

-Performance is getting worse after every update, this is the worst issue for me.
-Over doing features and mechs, but not giving enough weapons.
-Lacks a battletech style game play in many ways, those who played MW4 will get this...
-Constantly nerfing things that didn't need it, like why remove 50% range quirk on locust cause it still can't damage much with 2 medium lasers (annoying but not detrimental).
-For me, Faction Play isn't worth it cause unless you are a money player with plenty of skill, you will likely lose a lot, making very little, where quick play is generally easier. This being said, I do play faction if I can even get a match which a lot of times you can't.

Edited by Independence MK2, 10 June 2016 - 08:17 PM.

#9 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 10:47 PM

Consider integrating QP and FP. QP players would see very little change, except that their win/losses would count toward the FP maps progressions. Where the QP players attack would be based off of the FP Unit leaders and the voting system. QP players could manage as much, or as little of their FP direction as they choose... so QP is still QP, but it allows unit/faction leaders the ability to use the QPers as cannon fodder/infantry units.

#10 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:30 AM

View PostFreebrth, on 10 June 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Consider integrating QP and FP. QP players would see very little change, except that their win/losses would count toward the FP maps progressions. Where the QP players attack would be based off of the FP Unit leaders and the voting system. QP players could manage as much, or as little of their FP direction as they choose... so QP is still QP, but it allows unit/faction leaders the ability to use the QPers as cannon fodder/infantry units.

And this shouldn't happen because it appears you don't want to give those going into QP rounds even a chance of a voting screen to select a map that wouldn't trigger this caveat. Posted Image

EDIT: BTW, if you want something better to save CW/FW/FP with, then go put a like on 10 bullet points on how to fix the Contract System @ http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/230053-things-that-would-make-faction-play-better/page__view__findpost__p__5224643 instead!

~D. V. "Don't go around 'shanghai'ing people!!!" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 11 June 2016 - 04:34 AM.

#11 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:51 AM

- Better trial-mechs
- Fix long tom a.k.a. PUG destroyer
- More CW maps
- Seperate dropdecks (hello PGI, a way to make moneh)
- remove 25% LP lose upon faction switch, make it c-bills instead (or MC alternatively)
- up attacklane by one (2 instead of 1)
- improve LP / XP gain
- Improve c-bills earning
- longtime event for FP matches
- improve rewards for loyality (faction camos / unique faction mechs / more faction bling)
- Make Loyality a currency and give us a shop to spend it in
- give us alliance chat (one for clans, one for IS)
- etc etc

#12 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

And this shouldn't happen because it appears you don't want to give those going into QP rounds even a chance of a voting screen to select a map that wouldn't trigger this caveat.

D.V. Not sure why you think that'd be the case? I think from a QP standpoint, there would be very little change. All that would happen behind the scenes (of QP) would be what planet(s) they are attacking are directed by FP votes. They could still vote on maps/modes, or at least I don't see why not. If they "want" to have more input on where (planets) they attack, or units/factions they support/attack then they just access the FP/CW settings, and it integrates or even supersedes(?) the FP/CW unit leaders. All I was noting is that there IS a resource for manpower (all the QP peeps) and seems like there should be a way to easily integrate it without it changing much from their QP perspective, but still allows those that enjoy the "whole game" to utilize that man-power in a advantageous way. QPers see little change, and FP/CW effectively becomes more populated via the QP population.. it become one big game at that point...
~Meant to harm or disrespect to the QP peeps... of which I am usually included.

*Maybe I worded it strange, I do live in Washington State Posted Image
** I think I said maps, when I shoulda said "planets".

Edited by Freebrth, 11 June 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#13 LTDominator

• PipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

View PostLOADED, on 11 June 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

- Better trial-mechs
- More CW maps
- remove 25% LP lose upon faction switch, make it c-bills instead (or MC alternatively)
- improve LP / XP gain
- improve rewards for loyality (faction camos / unique faction mechs / more faction bling)
- etc etc

DO IT!

#14 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:56 AM

View PostFreebrth, on 11 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

<<<snip>>>

D.V. Not sure why you think that'd be the case? I think from a QP standpoint, there would be very little change. All that would happen behind the scenes (of QP) would be what planet(s) they are attacking are directed by FP votes. They could still vote on maps/modes, or at least I don't see why not. If they "want" to have more input on where (planets) they attack, or units/factions they support/attack then they just access the FP/CW settings, and it integrates or even supersedes(?) the FP/CW unit leaders. All I was noting is that there IS a resource for manpower (all the QP peeps) and seems like there should be a way to easily integrate it without it changing much from their QP perspective, but still allows those that enjoy the "whole game" to utilize that man-power in a advantageous way. QPers see little change, and FP/CW effectively becomes more populated via the QP population.. it become one big game at that point...
~Meant to harm or disrespect to the QP peeps... of which I am usually included.

*Maybe I worded it strange, I do live in Washington State Posted Image
** I think I said maps, when I shoulda said "planets".

Yet, reading your posts, it doesn't appear you wish to let people have the option of NOT being used in that manner. There are people who don't wish to be involved in Faction Warfare at this time, and who don't wish to be used in any under-the-table manner for it. You will have to make your suggestion entirely opt-in to use, and defaulted to opt-out to respect the player community. <_<

~D. V. "Do you get the point now?" Devnull

#15 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:49 AM

it doesn't appear you wish to let people have the option of NOT being used in that manner.

- Not sure why anyone would care one way or another if they have the option to click "Play" and blow up stompy robots. I think most people don't care what's going on in the background so long as they get what they want out of it, especially if it speeds things up for everyone by providing a larger player base for both sides of the fence. I suppose if they want an opt-out so be it, but the idea isn't about denying or forcing anyone to anything, it's simply to share resources across the game, making it more populated for everyone.

You will have to make your suggestion entirely opt-in to use, and defaulted to opt-out to respect the player community.

- I think in order to create the shared resource pool it'd have to default-in. I fail to see where it's a respect issue at all, being that it's "someone else's video game" and we are here simply frequenting this establishment... If we don't like the music shop elsewhere. It's not underhanded if this is all explained in the tutorials, and people have options to choose, even to opt out of the CW/FP pool. I think most wont because they'd have faster QP rounds by remaining in, and never give second thought to the background CW/FP mechanics because it'd never really affect them. They get to shoot things and have QP Battles, QP maps and battles count toward planets attacks or defenses, the QPers still get to vote maps and modes (because war has lots of varying dynamics), and the unit leaders get a more dynamic way to attack and defend territories. Plus, the right controls, and people could really opt in or out as much or as little as they like if they take the time. Default simply set to whatever gets them into quick single-play maps the fastest.

I appreciate the dialog, sincerely. I think there are a few mechanics that need to be addressed in the game. Healthy food for thought in both directions is what may entice them (PGI) to look at and acknowledge the issues.

Edited by Freebrth, 12 June 2016 - 11:56 AM.

#16 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

Really people should pick just one innersphere faction and one clan faction, ignore all those other ones. This way every timezone gets its own Battle of Tukayyid.

#17 D V Devnull

• 4,268 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:49 PM

View Postunwary, on 12 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

Really people should pick just one innersphere faction and one clan faction, ignore all those other ones. This way every timezone gets its own Battle of Tukayyid.

And thus you apparently don't want to allow New Players any chance of really getting a feel for the game either. Or getting enough Mech Bays to build and grow with before they would be forced to decide whether they want to stick around and/or put any money into the game. This kind of mentality which you depict hurts growth of the player base, and the survival of both MWO and PGI. There are many out there who don't take well to being trapped a certain way for several years on a game, and they won't stick around if that happens to them. Some won't even begin playing either because they look and see what's going on currently, and will instead leave MWO to suffer. Such as can be called "Path Locking" is what has caused the player base to already diminish heavily so far, and it will only get worse if people don't stop with their "Commit More Than You Really Can, or Get Out" mentality. Hell, this unnecessary toxicity I've personally seen in the remaining player base even goes so far as to annoy and affect me, and I would have loved to see MWO survive well into future generations. But at this rate? I don't see that happening. Should you succeed in taking away Real Choice, Changes Of Path, Mobility to play and grow and help the game survive, then there will be nothing left in the end, where and when MWO could really have mattered. :(

~D. V. "Mobility and Path Changing is necessary for MWO's survival. Lack of those will kill it." Devnull

#18 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostLOADED, on 11 June 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

- Better trial-mechs
- More CW maps
- improve LP / XP gain
- etc etc

Really good list.
+1

#19 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostFreebrth, on 10 June 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

Qp is the only place where you can play mixtech. Nuff said

#20 Contrex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:18 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...-play-workover/ <--- saw this post a bit afterwards. Posted some suggestions in here to save CW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users