The Huntsman

150 replies to this topic

#101 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:15 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

At least from the side. It will be probably about even when it comes to head on, however. *shrug*

Yea, not so bad. Arms cover that nose in the torso; not completely, tho.
I hope those arms won't shrink or go down too much in the final version.

Posted Image

All that volume should be "the arm", right?

Edited by pizzafly, 19 September 2016 - 01:23 PM.

#102 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 September 2016 - 01:35 PM

View Postpizzafly, on 19 September 2016 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yea, not so bad. Arms cover that nose in the torso; not completely, tho.
I hope those arms won't shrink or go down too much in the final version.

Posted Image

All that volume should be "the arm", right?

From the top circle, which is the shoulder, down. Everything else is side torso. Probably.

#103 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 July 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Quirks matter little when they've made effort after effort to cripple clan tech advantage that they're supposed to have... meanwhile they still price the mechs as if they had the advantages still.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - they are not entitled to their own facts.

It is not a fact that the Clans in MWO are "supposed to" have Mary Suepertechnology as an advantage. You can argue, wrongly, that the game would be better, somehow, if they did - that's an opinion - but the fact is that the Clans are supposed to be different but equal in terms of game design.

Which brings me to the second part of your statement - in fact, the Clans are almost exactly the same cost as the Inner Sphere. The reason they normally cost more up front is that they come already upgraded. If you calculate the amount that you spend upgrading an Inner Sphere 'mech and compare it to the money spent upgrading a Clan chassis, it turns out to be roughly the same, even with Omnimechs.

#104 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

From the top circle, which is the shoulder, down. Everything else is side torso. Probably.

My hopes:
Posted Image

That is, the volume upon "that top circle" is right above the "circle itself.
Otherwise, that "trapezoidal form" would be a very very veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery lateral side torso.
Oh well.... I hope it's all arm, of course..... lemme dream pgi won't screw my huntsman.... :P

#105 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

View Postpizzafly, on 19 September 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

My hopes:
Posted Image

That is, the volume upon "that top circle" is right above the "circle itself.
Otherwise, that "trapezoidal form" would be a very very veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery lateral side torso.
Oh well.... I hope it's all arm, of course..... lemme dream pgi won't screw my huntsman.... Posted Image

I'm gonna go with extremely unlikely. More probably:

Posted Image

The side torso weapons are mounted directly onto that platform you keep including in the arm. There is no way it is arm.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 September 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#106 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

I'm gonna go with extremely unlikely. More probably:

Posted Image

NOOoooooooooooo....... why Pariah, why?..
Why don't you lemme have wet dreams with my Huntswoman...??? :(

#107 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:31 PM

View Postpizzafly, on 19 September 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

NOOoooooooooooo....... why Pariah, why?..
Why don't you lemme have wet dreams with my Huntswoman...??? Posted Image

Hey, she has a mighty fine lower back, though! If you trace that central spine as the only actual Rear Torso aside from the gap at the top between the lateral jump jet thrusters, she has a tiny lower center rear torso. Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 September 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#108 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Posted Image

There. Expected rear layout.

#109 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:46 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

There. Expected rear layout.

yessssssss.... now I can go on with wet dreams about her ...back! Posted Image

#110 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:26 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 September 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

I like how posts above talk about not having a viable clan medium other than the Stormcrow or might reference other med clan mechs...

Nobody talks about the Hunchie IIc... It's not fast like the Crow, but there are lots of viable builds + JJ + *LOTS* of high torso mounts.

I absolutely wrecked in the FW event with two in my deck but prefer people to ignore them so shhhh. ;)

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 September 2016 - 04:20 PM, said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - they are not entitled to their own facts.

It is not a fact that the Clans in MWO are "supposed to" have Mary Suepertechnology as an advantage. You can argue, wrongly, that the game would be better, somehow, if they did - that's an opinion - but the fact is that the Clans are supposed to be different but equal in terms of game design.

Which brings me to the second part of your statement - in fact, the Clans are almost exactly the same cost as the Inner Sphere. The reason they normally cost more up front is that they come already upgraded. If you calculate the amount that you spend upgrading an Inner Sphere 'mech and compare it to the money spent upgrading a Clan chassis, it turns out to be roughly the same, even with Omnimechs.

The flaw to that argument is how many people share engines on the IS side... which makes those mechs much cheaper. ;)

#111 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:29 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 September 2016 - 01:26 AM, said:

I absolutely wrecked in the FW event with two in my deck but prefer people to ignore them so shhhh. Posted Image

The flaw to that argument is how many people share engines on the IS side... which makes those mechs much cheaper. Posted Image

That always bothered me. I hate to share engines and modules.

I also apparently hate having C-Bills.

#112 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 22 September 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

That always bothered me. I hate to share engines and modules.

I also apparently hate having C-Bills.

I'm in the same boat but I know a lot of people happy to do that. ;)

#113 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:21 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 September 2016 - 01:26 AM, said:

The flaw to that argument is how many people share engines on the IS side... which makes those mechs much cheaper. Posted Image

You generally make up the difference by being able to sell the extra engines you bought with the 'mech, as well as extra chassis of Omnimech - no one needs three Dire Wolf chassis unless they're a completionist, and if you count those people, you have to count the guys buying Inner Sphere tech who make every 'mech they own driveable. So really, it evens out. Even having to pay for a 400XL engine on each of the Kodiaks I just bought hasn't made them much more expensive than upgrading a trio of Atlases, and they're a special case because of those huge stock XLs.

#114 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:50 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 22 September 2016 - 11:21 AM, said:

You generally make up the difference by being able to sell the extra engines you bought with the 'mech, as well as extra chassis of Omnimech - no one needs three Dire Wolf chassis unless they're a completionist, and if you count those people, you have to count the guys buying Inner Sphere tech who make every 'mech they own driveable. So really, it evens out. Even having to pay for a 400XL engine on each of the Kodiaks I just bought hasn't made them much more expensive than upgrading a trio of Atlases, and they're a special case because of those huge stock XLs.

Might be my English but - you run xl engines in atlases? I knew the Boars Head came with an xl400 but I presumed people instantly removed it for a std version. I'm not an atlas pilot as should immediately be clear but I could have sworn the atlases I've killed were std. ;)

#115 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 September 2016 - 10:32 AM

The only Atlas that should even try to run an XL is the Boar's Head, and that's for a specialized build that acts like a super Heavy - and does not like to fight other Assaults head-on. Even with the current structure quirks, running an XL in an Atlas is a Very Bad Idea, because of how the chassis works; space vs. tonnage, hit boxes, etc. What I was saying there was that even though my Atlases use Standard engines, they still were not that much less expensive than the Kodiaks once I paid for the bigger engines and upgrades - and the Kodiak is the third most expensive chassis in the game right now. So, even an exception still serves to prove the rule.

Edited for accuracy because the Executioner, while forgettable, is still very expensive. =)

Edited by Void Angel, 23 September 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#116 Hatmael

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:46 AM

Which one is the most expensive Chasi?

#117 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,877 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Dire Wolf. You can look at the prices in the Store. Clans are always higher there because they come pre-upgraded. Actually, scratch that - the Executioner edges out both the Kodiak and the Dire Wolf, with an XL380, FF upgrade, and MASC. Stuff gets expensive. Thus, the order is Executioner, then Dire Wolf, then Kodiak.

So I should have said the Kodiak was one of the most expensive - silly things, facts. Lemme correct that.

PS: "chassis" is both the plural and singular form of the noun. Because French.

Edited by Void Angel, 23 September 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#118 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 09:43 PM

Guys, I don't know if I'm doing wrong, but theoricrafting this, and by stripping arm armor, it seems possible to built a double erppc+gauss with 2 tons of ammo.

Is that right?

#119 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:39 PM

View Postpizzafly, on 28 September 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

Guys, I don't know if I'm doing wrong, but theoricrafting this, and by stripping arm armor, it seems possible to built a double erppc+gauss with 2 tons of ammo.

Is that right?

I'm not sure about your theory crafting build... But where would you fit all the missiles !??? :P

#120 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostchucklesMuch, on 28 September 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

I'm not sure about your theory crafting build... But where would you fit all the missiles !??? Posted Image

In the "Lurman" variant, of course :P
(with 8 M hardpoints....yummy!)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users