The Huntsman

150 replies to this topic

#81 Chroma-Matic

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

So really, it sounds like an exchange of speed for more firepower..

#82 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostPresident D Jones, on 16 June 2016 - 10:20 AM, said:

So really, it sounds like an exchange of speed for more firepower..

Yep, it has more pod space than the Crow. Its true it's not as fast as the Crow but it has JJ which the Crow does not so it has more mobility.

As others have mentioned, the Huntsman is not an upgrade or down grade, it's a side grade, as in it's another good option.

The Clans are going to have finely good options in the Medium category other than the Crow once the resize is done for the Nova and the Viper and Huntsman come out. OPTIONS, YAY!!!!!!!!

Edited by Coralld, 16 June 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#83 Chroma-Matic

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:49 AM

I agree 100%, the clans don't have the greatest variety when it comes to mediums, and as great as the Stormcrow is, it could get redundant replaying that specific medium over and over and over again. With what the Huntsman has to offer, it looks like it could be pretty balanced in terms of speed, jump jet mobility, tonnage space, and firepower but we'll see right?

#84 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Oh, the Stormcrow isn't great !

It was in the past, before the Laser and Heatsink nerves happen, but now...

It don't see many Crows who get out of a match with 1000 points of damage !
So its just an ordinary mech...

#85 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:48 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 17 June 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Oh, the Stormcrow isn't great !

It was in the past, before the Laser and Heatsink nerves happen, but now...

It don't see many Crows who get out of a match with 1000 points of damage !
So its just an ordinary mech...

Didn't PGI get rid of the nerfs to the Crow and Timby? At least the negative quirks any way. I'm sure they did.

Edited by Coralld, 17 June 2016 - 10:49 AM.

#86 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostCoralld, on 17 June 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Didn't PGI get rid of the nerfs to the Crow and Timby? At least the negative quirks any way. I'm sure they did.

Most of them. A few minor agility nerf quirks remain on some of the TBR-A omnipods and the Storm Crow head pod with the laser still has less armor.

#87 Padde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFree Space

Posted 13 July 2016 - 03:07 AM

This mech looks nice, but I ask myself the question, if it might be so much better than the HBK IIC I already own... While the Huntsman seems to be better fitted for boating and hardpoints in the arms - the HBK should be able to do most of what the Huntsman is supposed to do.

Don't get me wrong, I will get that mech - but I am not sure, if I should preorder it or wait for the CBill release.

#88 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

Quirks matter little when they've made effort after effort to cripple clan tech advantage that they're supposed to have... meanwhile they still price the mechs as if they had the advantages still.

#89 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 04:33 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 July 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Quirks matter little when they've made effort after effort to cripple clan tech advantage that they're supposed to have... meanwhile they still price the mechs as if they had the advantages still.

In a way, the high price could also be because they almost all come with an XL engine and endo-steel internals

#90 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

View PostRaiyuken, on 13 June 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

7 Missle hardpoints.

42 SRMs

84 Alpha orgasm

They call me the Alphgasm

#91 J0anna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 939 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:55 AM

A nova that packs a lot of firepower, it won't get quirks like the nova, but won't really need them. I real glass cannon - sounds like fun, I'm in....

#92 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,616 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 29 July 2016 - 02:09 PM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 15 July 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

In a way, the high price could also be because they almost all come with an XL engine and endo-steel internals

Not "in a way." That's exactly why Clan 'mechs are more expensive - and they're only more expensive for the initial purchase. in order to upgrade an Inner Sphere chassis into usefulness, you have to buy Endo-steel and bigger engines, etc. The actual final cost is too close to worry about; consider that every single piece of gear available to both Clans and the Inner Sphere cost exactly the same amount for each faction.

People who claim that the Clans are "supposed to" be overpowered Mary Suepertech powerhouses have left the path of wisdom. Those who try to pass off the lie that Clantech is really more expensive have left the path of honesty. Neither are to be listened to.

#93 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:02 AM

One month until our SRMlord graces the fields. :D

#94 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:13 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 11:02 AM, said:

One month until our SRMlord graces the fields. Posted Image

I'm probably going to refund this and the Linebacker if Energy Draw is going to be put in game. As much as I love new mech days, this game is starting to go down the drain for me. Not a fan of the direction.

#95 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:17 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 September 2016 - 11:13 AM, said:

I'm probably going to refund this and the Linebacker if Energy Draw is going to be put in game. As much as I love new mech days, this game is starting to go down the drain for me. Not a fan of the direction.

That's the problem we have. No one direction is going to make even half the community happy. I mean, the ultimate solution itself, of removing pixel perfect pinpoint convergence from the game thereby bypassing needs to convoluted heat systems to restrict alphas, would cause such a torrential downpour of salt in and of itself.

Personally, if I had to choose between GH and PD, I favor the new system more. Less arbitrarily punishing for going slightly beyond the limit, more transparent, and less flawed as a catch-all 30-damage soft cap. Still, it is like trying to choose between drinking nightshade or arsenic.

In any case, given I have only been wanting this mech for... two years... I am excited. Especially since I've turned into a Clan medium jock. Heavies and assaults are generally blah to me, now, and lights just are not rewarding enough.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 September 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#96 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

I like how posts above talk about not having a viable clan medium other than the Stormcrow or might reference other med clan mechs...

Nobody talks about the Hunchie IIc... It's not fast like the Crow, but there are lots of viable builds + JJ + *LOTS* of high torso mounts.

#97 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:43 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 September 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

I like how posts above talk about not having a viable clan medium other than the Stormcrow or might reference other med clan mechs...

Nobody talks about the Hunchie IIc... It's not fast like the Crow, but there are lots of viable builds + JJ + *LOTS* of high torso mounts.

Meh. Hunch IIC won't be able to do missile or mixed builds as well as the HMN. It will still have the advantage in dakka based builds, while the Stormcrow gets the advantage in speed. Nova keeps the ludicrous small laser spam. Nobody ever said the HMN will be better than the other options, only that it provides a wonderful sidegrade option. One that looks far sexier than the other 50-55 ton options the Clans have, at that. :P

#98 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,252 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 19 September 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

That's the problem we have. No one direction is going to make even half the community happy. I mean, the ultimate solution itself, of removing pixel perfect pinpoint convergence from the game thereby bypassing needs to convoluted heat systems to restrict alphas, would cause such a torrential downpour of salt in and of itself.

Personally, if I had to choose between GH and PD, I favor the new system more. Less arbitrarily punishing for going slightly beyond the limit, more transparent, and less flawed as a catch-all 30-damage soft cap. Still, it is like trying to choose between drinking nightshade or arsenic.

In any case, given I have only been wanting this mech for... two years... I am excited. Especially since I've turned into a Clan medium jock. Heavies and assaults are generally blah to me, now, and lights just are not rewarding enough.

Well, people have bought into the current game regardless of not liking ghost heat. More complaints that are causing people to leave are lack of a deep meaningful faction play, and game modes that aren't just TDM. Resources are much better spent there than developing some other punitive heat system. And honestly, they probably could have solved a lot of the issues that people had simply by lowering heat cap and increasing dissipation. I would love to try whats on the PTS without Energy Draw.

#99 pizzafly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Really waiting for this one.
More free tonnage than the Nova, and arms protecting torsi, so better than the Hunchie2C

#100 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

View Postpizzafly, on 19 September 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

Really waiting for this one.
... and arms protecting torsi, so better than the Hunchie2C

At least from the side. It will be probably about even when it comes to head on, however. *shrug*

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 19 September 2016 - 12:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users