- - - - -

Call To Arms

7 replies to this topic

#1 Menagroth

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Hello,

I am revisiting MWO after a while away, and I am interested in Freelancing.

It seems I need to wait for an urgent call to arms in order to join a faction battle, which is fine.

Problem is that it won't let me join. I see the pop-up in the bottom right corner, I click on it to accept, the camera zooms to the planet and nothing happens...

What am I missing here?

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:24 PM

It takes you to the planet information screen. On the bottom right of the box containing the planet info is a buttion that says either scouting, attack, or defend depending on what the call to arms is for. Click the button to go to the match screen and you'll be loaded in for the match.

#3 Not A Real RAbbi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

^^^ What Spike said!

I'd also like to recommend that you play the Faction Warfare tutorial before accepting a call to arms. You know, so you have some idea what's going on, how to put your drop deck together, what are the win conditions and all that.

I say I'd LIKE to recommend that to you. Sadly, I can't. Doesn't exist. If you'd LIKE to have a tutorial for Faction Warfare, get on Twitter and bug Russ about it. Tell him it's the end of the world, and you'll uninstall and trash-talk the game if it doesn't happen. MIGHT work. MIGHT not. Worth a try, though...

#4 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:20 PM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 12 June 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

I say I'd LIKE to recommend that to you. Sadly, I can't. Doesn't exist.

Sure it does! I won the contest they had for player made tutorials for that. Here you go:

Edited by Spike Brave, 12 June 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 12 June 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Sure it does! I won the contest they had for player made tutorials for that. Here you go:

I'm on it! A little late but...lol

#6 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 12 June 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Saw that. Nicely done, too.

But there is something lost in not putting one's hands ont he game in a live tutorial. It hits home when you play it to the tune of W-A-S-D.

GREAT videos. Really.

And they should be in a PINNED TOPIC SOMEWHERE ON THIS FORUM, if they aren't already.

#7 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 13 June 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

Saw that. Nicely done, too.

But there is something lost in not putting one's hands ont he game in a live tutorial. It hits home when you play it to the tune of W-A-S-D.

GREAT videos. Really.

And they should be in a PINNED TOPIC SOMEWHERE ON THIS FORUM, if they aren't already.

I agree. Hands on would be nice. My tutorials get pinned then a new mod starts and they remove it, then it gets pinned again. I've just taken to posting them where the question gets asked.

#8 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 13 June 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

I agree. Hands on would be nice. My tutorials get pinned then a new mod starts and they remove it, then it gets pinned again. I've just taken to posting them where the question gets asked.

That's a shame. Your videos are awesome. (Yeah, I think I subscribed on YouTube.) And stuff like this, well-done and helpful for new players, should DEFINITELY be pinned forthwith in perpetuity.

I think, when the topic of a FW tutorial came up in the MW Academy forum, that Dave Forsey (awesome dude) asked specifically about these, and whether they were a sufficient tutorial.

Turns out (and you can read all this for yourself, if you don't care for the Reader's Digest version) that there's a resource limitation at work in the current implementation of the Academy, and they're kinda-sorta pushing that limit already. The alternate suggestion has been to do MORE Academy maps, breaking it out into sections (basics, QP modes and tactics, FW modes and tactics) one-per-map, and letting the player select it in the pop-up (the one with the check boxes) that comes up when you click on TUTORIALS. No word since then.

The enhancements and additions to the Academy along the way? They've been encouraging.

But even to this day, you see players showing up new in FW shooting at gates (not gate generators, but the GATES) and so on, and even getting these videos in front of them would be a BIG help. Having Captain Julius H. Adams and his unsung supporting cast to walk new cadets through it all? THAT would be flipping fantastic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users