• 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

This rescale touched me, and I could never show you where :OOO

#42 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:29 PM

I'm so glad I got my Locusts mastered...

#43 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostOvion, on 17 June 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Getting a little bigger sure.
Getting 20-25% bigger, and now being the same size as a good number of Medium Mechs and even some Heavies....
Less sure.

Literally none of these light mechs are 'the same size' as medium mechs, unless the only metric you're looking at is height. And even then.

#44 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostCycKath, on 17 June 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Well, that's an eye opener.

Anybody want to buy a light 'Mech say Stinger and Wasp Mech Pack now assuming this scale for 20 tonners?

Absolutely. Wasp next pls PGI

#45 Voq

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:58 PM

Bahahaha. The massively OP Panther look to have doubled in size... ya... you're really going to see them fielded now.

#46 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostTercieI, on 17 June 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Already a weak class, one of their few advantages trampled. Awful.

weak class because of weak pilots and tactics and game modes. Most want to just run through middle of pack relying on lagshield. Even a lot of comps. Dont feel sorry for them.

#47 P H O X

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:17 PM

some of the resizes are just....uhm.....

Don´t do drugs!

#48 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

View PostDingo Red, on 17 June 2016 - 05:36 PM, said:

Literally none of these light mechs are 'the same size' as medium mechs, unless the only metric you're looking at is height. And even then.
Nope, I spent time going over the Orthos.

The Panther / Wolfhound / Firestarter especially, are much the same size, if not larger than certain Mediums, especially from the front and side profiles (the most relevant ones), and to a lesser degree, the top profiles.

Just straight height wise, the amount of mechs at 12 to 12.5M is fairly large.
Hell, the Catapult is the same height as the Wolfhound and Panther.

The Viper, Cicada, Shadowcat, Nova, Crab and Hunchback have very similar sized front, side or both profiles.
The Vindicator, Ice Ferret, Blackjack, Enforcer all have close to slightly larger front or side profiles (though not really both).

The new Catapult is pretty close in size in every way, to the Shadowcat.

Being a little bigger, sure.
But as big as they are... less so.

Dropping them around 8% in size I reckon would be pretty spot on.

I mean, we'll wait and see in game, but most IS Lights certainly got a LOT easier to hit now.

#49 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Imma cry and not in a good way, but atleast the size difference in the locust and lynxy compared to the rest is real now, i might just rebuy more commandos one day.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 17 June 2016 - 06:43 PM.

#50 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

PRAISE THE LOCUST!!!!

Yo PGI, i dedicate this song to you:

#51 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:49 PM

the locust got too small....
if most mechs are getting scaled up that's fine, but wth is up with the locust.. that will be unfair when you roll it out

#52 Kuaron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Wolfhounds were the ones with the durability of a medium an the size of a light, right? Have the correct size now.
Also, I'm looking forward to finally paying back everything to all the annoying Oxides out there. :P

But I am concerned about the Locust. I own one myself and it was OK, I guess, from the balance perspective. Now it could get OP.
Also, the Panther was never really good, afaik, and got bigger without any structure buff or sth.
Hm...

But all in all, good changes, I guess.

#53 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

Soooooooo...... PGI applies a sizing formula to all of the mechs and all of a sudden people need tissues and a safe room.

YOU guys get the **facepalm**, not PGI. They've done a good job, it is just too bad they didn't do this from the start.

Suck it up, cupcakes. Life goes on. Adapt and over come.

#54 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

Soooooooo...... PGI applies a sizing formula to all of the mechs and all of a sudden people need tissues and a safe room.

YOU guys get the **facepalm**, not PGI. They've done a good job, it is just too bad they didn't do this from the start.

A safe room? From you? Pffft... You give yourself way too much credit with the "I'm gonna troll everyone on all the rescale threads" nonsense. Come on, man - at least contribute something intelligent to the discussion!

If you read what people were saying instead of strutting about how people need to "man up!" in a video game, you'd notice that the problem is when underperforming mechs are made LARGER and good mechs are made SMALLER. Anyone should be able to see that such a change isn't healthy for the game unless it comes with massive quirk changes to balance it out. The quirk changes seen thus far don't bridge that gap.

If you think it's fine, great, but that doesn't change the fact that when a bad mech is made bigger, it makes it even worse.

#55 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:20 PM

The thing is: Balance has to be guaranteed by appropriate quirks. If Locust gets smaller, Panther bigger, but neither gets any quirk changes, there will be a shift in the balancing.

#56 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm with Radagast on this one dude, you need to look at this objectively.

The light mechs are already the least played mech class in the game. Why? Because the game is death match regardless of the mode you are playing, so unless you are playing the maximum allowable mech by tonnage depending on your group, you are putting yourself and your team at a severe disadvantage.

Light mechs are not supposed to be brawlers, they are supposed to be scouts, kites, skirmishers, distractions. You find the enemy, get his attention with a shot from a laser or two, and then BOOK IT the hell out of there, stopping only occasionally to see if the enemy is still following you, and if he isn't, go back, find him, tickle his back with your lasers again and BOOK IT again.

Kite the enemy away from the rest of his force, so the enemy is at a disadvantage depending on the mech that's being kited away. For the fun of it lets say you're a Firestarter kiting away a Catapult. You are denying the enemy a long range support mech or a close range brawler.

Unfortunately, the maps in the game are too small for this to be effective. Yes even the huge maps like Alpine Peak are still too small for the tactics required to use lights effectively.

*slow clap*

Well done PGI, you just ensured the light queue is even less populated now. By thunder what a disappointment.

#57 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:48 PM

Okay.. Jenner got smaller (as did the IIC)... so that means the Oxide will be even harder to kill.. as well as the IIC. so the Jenner, Firestarter, panther, and wolfhound apparently reached puberty and became the size of mediums.

Sense, this makes not. But at least they'll be easier to hit. Will suck when I'm piloting them though. I don't think they needed THAT big of an increase.

EDIT: Whoops. Apparently I still had the mouse rolled over the image and thought it shrank. It did get bigger.

Edited by Sevronis, 17 June 2016 - 08:19 PM.

#58 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

View PostSevronis, on 17 June 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Okay.. Jenner got smaller (as did the IIC)... so that means the Oxide will be even harder to kill.. as well as the IIC. But the Fire starter, panther, and wolfhound apparently reached puberty and became the size of mediums.

Sense, this makes not.
Check again, the Jenner got about 15-20% larger.

#59 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

My Trashcan grows... I'm so happy and proud. Posted Image

#60 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostOvion, on 17 June 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Check again, the Jenner got about 15-20% larger.

Yup. You're right. I caught that and went to correct my post before I actually saw your reply. Thanks though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users