88 replies to this topic

#21 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:04 PM

Okay first off... Awesome looks better. Atlas at least did get increased. Banshee I think could've stayed where it was. Highlander and Mauler could be a tad less of an increase. I wish Victor got some love as it could stand to be smaller.

Zeus....well.. um...

NO. JUST NO.

It was already easy to kill. Just made it a suicide mission now.

#22 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

I'm disappointed. The Atlas needs to be at least twice as big as the new resize >__>

#23 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Victor: Okay, when you review the scale in your master chart it is much better in the line up. When you look at the quirk lists it is interesting to see the ups and downs. The Victors 10 structure quirks on the RT/LT will help. Can you please add something similar to the arms. All weapons are there and Zombie mode on a Victor is not a real option.

Side note: The level of QQ from the mechs with negative adjustments in quirks...Will be for real.

#24 ShoeKush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 205 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 08:56 PM

Everyone who has posted negatively here has engaged in a logical deductive fallacy. That is the fallacy that your virtual phallus will become dead faster if it gets any bigger. You've ignored the quirks system, the new placement of weapons (issues of convergence), etc. They went through in the patch notes and detailed it out for you. This was a scientific process not just a guy playing with the sliders in 3dsmax.

I swear to god every time I've come back to drop a few bucks on this "Last Chance Saloon" a crop of baddies comes up to ruin my day.

*walks over to mad picket line, places flower in the barrel of one of the dissatisfied. They fire. I am killed. Someone whispers, 'LRM's are OP' in my ear.*

It is a bunch of missiles guys. A bunch. Hell even a 1980s era F-15 could track and fire 12 missiles, its entire compliment, on up to 16 targets. Missiles Explode and ther...'

I am kicked to death.

Edited by ShoeKush, 17 June 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#25 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

So I'll be selling my Zeus now... worthless mech since its the size of a stalker now.

#26 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:36 PM

Well it is sad that the zeus was made bigger, but as people have said was already too small..

I think the biggest loser is the highlander, that is just chunky munky now..

Awesome changes are nice, but could have gone a little bit further.

#27 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:37 PM

O M G.... the sky is falling for some of you, isnt it. We haven't played one single minute with the re-scaled mechs and people are soiling their drawers.

How else can you guys see that an 80 ton mech the size of a Warhammer was NOT to scale. It was incorrect. PGI went through each and every mech, they measured each model by volume, and then adjusted as needed. If the Zeus is now 99% the same size as the other 80 ton mechs... how can you argue against a re-scale? Having some continuity is a good thing otherwise we get the Zues which was way too small for its weight and the Nova which was way too big.

Good work PGI, this too will pass. They will come out of their safe room sooner or later.

#28 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

You TOO get a tissue. Go cry in your safe room. Eventually, you and all of the other cry babies will understand that PGI applied a formula to all of the mechs and they adjusted the mechs that needed an adjustment more so than others. It appears to me based on their narrative that they will get to the mechs that did not get the re-scale this time (like the Victor?).

It is good to see the Nova, Dragon, and Quickdraw all get their downsizing. Posted Image

Um, the formula is totally applied inconsistently.

How does the Stalker, of all the Assaults, get shrunk... when it is considered smaller than the average Assault?

Just answer that w/o using a personal attack.

#29 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:12 PM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 09:37 PM, said:

Having some continuity is a good thing otherwise we get the Zues which was way too small for its weight and the Nova which was way too big.

So now the nova and the catapult are the size of light mechs. I'm glad things are progressing so nicely.

#30 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

View Postoldradagast, on 17 June 2016 - 07:11 PM, said:

So... you decide to launch into personal attacks to prove maturity? Looks like you're the one who needs to grow up. Posted Image

As for the rest, I stand by what I said - the Zeus was the only one of the 3 IS 80-ton mechs that wasn't a waddling target with a huge, flat chest and lots of low-mounted weapons. Everyone knows full well the Victor and Awesome, at least from a practical viewpoint, are easily destroyed targets, and nothing more. So, I went with the Zeus because - surprise! - it was at least viable. So much for that - now, all the IS 80-tonner are useless paperweights... and the "underpowered" hill-hugging 85-tonners got smaller. If you can see any wit of logic in that, other than "proper volume = balance" good luck with it.

Oh, and by the way - stop acting as if "they'll get to the other mechs, so we're all wrong." There is zero evidence the mechs not shown here are going to have their scale changed. So, if you're going to pick a childish fight, at least pick one over something where you have some facts to back it up.

sounds like you need to stick with heavy's. if you need to be in a Zeus to do well in an assault. the Zeus was so glaringly undersized that it was the only meck that got voted for up scaling by the community.

#31 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:10 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 June 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

How does the Stalker, of all the Assaults, get shrunk... when it is considered smaller than the average Assault?

because its not the face value but the total of all faces being calculated, its not really a skinny meck from any angle but the side is wide as **** not like a king crab or a dire wolf but its still wide.
also its not a huge change other then the zuse the changes they have done to the assaults will for the most part make shore they still look and feel big like they should.

only part of this re scale that bothers me is the IS lights I think perhaps there should be a bit of a curve from 45T down if this was done on a liner scale.

#32 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:17 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 June 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Because it's a pair of rectangular prisms (volume efficient objects), strapped to a barrel (volume efficient object), on top of a pair of really long rectangular tubes (volume efficient objects). As such, despite "looking" smaller, the internal volume of each individual section (and as a whole) is either on-par or higher than an equivalent-tonnage humanoid 'Mech. If you took the Battlemaster (post-rescale), for example, and crumpled its torso into a cylinder, you'd find that it takes up the same volume as the majority of the torso of the Stalker (pre-rescale).... minus the big honking nose ("oh, right", you should be saying to yourself, "that's totally a Thing that Exists, I forgot about that").

Edited by Volthorne, 17 June 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostVolthorne, on 17 June 2016 - 11:17 PM, said:

Because it's a pair of rectangular prisms (volume efficient objects), strapped to a barrel (volume efficient object), on top of a pair of really long rectangular tubes (volume efficient objects). As such, despite "looking" smaller, the internal volume of each individual section (and as a whole) is either on-par or higher than an equivalent-tonnage humanoid 'Mech. If you took the Battlemaster (post-rescale), for example, and crumpled its torso into a cylinder, you'd find that it takes up the same volume as the majority of the torso of the Stalker (pre-rescale).... minus the big honking nose ("oh, right", you should be saying to yourself, "that's totally a Thing that Exists, I forgot about that").

Volume is the wrong approach.

It's actually surface area that matters more.

When you're shooting at your targets, you'll spend the most time fighting vs their frontal profile. This is where most of the action is.

In the case of the Stalker, it is woefully un-XL friendly, because the sides of the mech are huge. The frontal profile is relatively compact, and unless you're a bad player, you should be losing a side torso or two instead of the CT due to this very fact.

Because mech geometry is a thing, overly tall mechs tend to expose a lot of their body to make contact, which normally is offset by high hardpoints. So, something like a Atlas is terrible for this, but not in the case of a Grasshopper or Banshee. Many mechs that do not normally have a "shield arm" like a Blackjack aren't really good for shielding, but yet a Black Knight is notorious for this.

Mech shapes do affect TTK, not just quirks, so in many instances, a lot of the mechs that increase in size (generally for no reason) have a reduction in TTK (usually not having any additional quirks to compensate).

Back to my point... there's really no reason why so many mechs in this rescaling stand to be worse. The perception of the Kitfox and Adder won't change (somehow they are that much bigger that before), but yet something as notable as the Stalker stand to gain from these changes for some odd reason (leaving it as it would've been OK, let alone making it a little bigger), while the rest of its already suffering brethren (Zeus in this instance of an IS Assault) stand to truly lose out.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 June 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#34 SpectreHD

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:00 AM

That Awesome re-scale.
Posted Image

Buying Awesome Mastery Pack now...

#35 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:02 AM

Finally the sexy awesome increased in sexappeal. That's poper CC in the game, killing enemies in front of you which are stunned by your looks, ogling at this manly chest.

But, in all honesty: the Zeus needs to get better quirks. This machine had been lackluster all along, now it's even worse.
And.... Highlanders.... they're just soooo useless in this game. In TT and lore, a Highlander had been a great infighter because his jumpjets gave him the mobility to do so. But in this game, where jumpjets only lift you off the groud (and, in case of assaults like the Highlander, fail to do so) and don't PROPEL YOU FORWARD as they should be, the Highlander is lackluster in evry compartment. Bad weapon mounts, badly positioned, low engine hardcap, heatcapped... I still think that Highlanders are beautiful mechs. But piloting one in this game is like giving yourself a handicap because you're THAT good.

#36 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostKshat, on 18 June 2016 - 02:02 AM, said:

But piloting one in this game is like giving yourself a handicap because you're THAT good.

thanks, now i feel a bit better when driving them in FW.
most memorable moment with a highlander in FW yet vs a clanner:

*report Alienized as cheater. he should have overheated long enough!!!*

Posted Image Posted Image

#37 Corrado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 817 posts
  • Locationfinale emilia, italy

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:18 AM

View PostBigBenn, on 17 June 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

I was hoping the Battlemaster would receive some luvin'. As in a proper canopy. Posted Image

So.... you're not in agreement that the Zues was grossly undersized compared to the rest of the mechs??? It was closer to most 70 ton mechs than it was to the 85 ton mechs. Not good. PGI applied the same formula to all the mechs. So.... NOW it is far more accurate in size compared to the other mechs. I'm sure someday when you mature you'll understand. Posted Image

then old wise one, explain to me how a 60t catapult is really close in size to a jenner. the nova now is like a jenner with arms.

#38 Saskia

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 33 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:57 AM

I truly hope you make the appropriate amendments to improve and increase armour on such an enlarged Atlas. I am trying to remain calm about your violations toward my Atlas. You have all ready taken away most safe zones and fun areas on maps (tunnels etc) so LRMs can reign supreme for all those unable to utilise any skill in this game. Oops, there I go being angry again. It's probably much like someone touching your car how I feel about you touching my Atlas.

Alas, please ensure you make the required improvements should you proceed with this unnecessary idea. The outcome of the Atlas will ultimately decide on the fate of how much more money I put into this game and how much more attention this game receives.

#39 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

they used the Mech volume to calculate what was the correct size, this has nothing to do with what the Mech needs to be more.less competitave.

if you think there are assualts this has hurt look at the Lights, the Kit Fox and Locust are now slightly smaller but the other Lights which have been adjusted are mostly significantly larger, which is accurate because most Lights were way too small, but it will kill the viability of many Light Mechs, the Griffin has also been made bigger, this is not an adjustment based on what looks right, it is about what is mathematically correct.

over the next few months quirks are likely to be adjusted to help with playability of certain chassis

#40 Kaschkin

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMonza Italy

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:58 AM

Oh, now the Awesome torsoes are smaller. That's nice. Shame that it's no longer square as f***... Now it has lost part of it's charm...

The Zeus is bigger. that's nice (that's irony). Guess it was not a big enough target...

The stalker is instead getting smaller. The stalker was already small to begin with...
Don't get me wrong; i love piloting stalkers but that (imho) doesn't seem fair...

On the other side most of clan mechs are getting smaller... is that because of the more advanced clan tech?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users