• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:11 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 19 June 2016 - 10:28 AM, said:

I think I was not clear here.
I was comparing the Adder more to the squat mechs such as the Kitfox, Jenner and Raven.
It's the same height as the Kitfox and still smaller than the Jenner and Raven. So looking at the bulky body, I think it's fair where it is now, lower than Jenner/Raven, but wider in total.
Here is another detailed comparison between all weight classes for the height:
Posted Image
Posted Image

height si less of an issue, twisting happens on the horizontal axis, and shooting while in movement also so how wide a mech and it's histboxes are, is more important than height. The height topic is only important from the Top to hardpoint distance for hillhumping and jumpshooting.

#42 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

Nice to see the Uller get a little love.

#43 Rabid Imp

• PipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

It is like in the movie Seven--

you have feed the Jenner bowls of spaghetti
now lets wait for you to kick it in the stomach...

#44 Blerome Jake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

Arctic Cheetah needs its hitboxes reworked asap, Its the only mech in the game that doesn't need to torso twist. Somehow you shoot them centremass and their arm pops off. You literally have to blow of every part of their upper body before they will die 9 times out of 10 (kind of like how spiders where 8 months ago when they had no centre hitbox on the back except that 1 magic pixel).

I don't really see the point in all the rescales except to homogenise the game, and I can't see it improving the game for anyone except assaults (lots of bigger targets for higher damage mechs). But I am sad to see the one mech I have been waiting to see get fixed miss out again, yet the wolfhound ends up being taller than a cicada somehow.

#45 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

Well at least the IC Jenners are doing good, innersphere on the otherhand got slaughtered.

#46 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

Kitfox:
A Mech that is massively hurt by a very small engine only chance to get this one to anything even remotely useful is to make it much much smaller instead almost nothing has changed...

FAIL

Adder:
Again a Mech hurt by a to small engine this one NEEDs a smaller size instead it got... enlarged???

FAIL

Jenner IIC
Had no real issues. Enlargement seems ok considering its absurd firepower.

#47 luckyhobbit

• PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

Why make the spider soooo big? Its a crap little mech - wtf? And they made the easy-mode thunderbolt smaller? Way to go MWO - How to make a dying game die that little bit faster...

#48 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

Easy mode thunderbolt? It hasn't been easy mode for the last one and a half years!

They nerfed the superquirks that made the 9S and 5SS OP a long, long time back.

#49 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:51 PM

If you compare the cheeta and the jenner, and take into consideration the cheeta is 30 tons, the jenner looks like a 50 ton mech. Overall, I am really disappointed they did not go with volume like they said they would, as the profile silhouettes don't tell the whole story. If it ended up making the humanoid mechs really tall and wide w.r.t. animal shapes, that's fine, just give all mechs heat dissipation quirks based on surface area.

#50 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:24 PM

View Postironnightbird, on 30 June 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

If you compare the cheeta and the jenner, and take into consideration the cheeta is 30 tons, the jenner looks like a 50 ton mech. Overall, I am really disappointed they did not go with volume like they said they would, as the profile silhouettes don't tell the whole story. If it ended up making the humanoid mechs really tall and wide w.r.t. animal shapes, that's fine, just give all mechs heat dissipation quirks based on surface area.

I like the comparison between the panthers, and wolf hounds versus the catapult!! Thats really enjoyable to see!

#51 Redbackz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 108 posts
  • LocationPlaying another game most likely.

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:05 PM

Came to see what the big fuss was over rescaling these new mechs. Looking at the comparisons the only real difference is the Jenner iic the other two a waste of resources to change it is so small a change.

massive nerf for Jenner I see. It seems like it had 10 tons of mass added when u compare to Shadowcat.

I'll check back in a couple months to see if any changes make the game worth playing some more.

At least you tried to make some sort of changes I guess, just money poorly spent imo.

#52 JENNER llC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:26 AM

Posted Image

its a bit oversized, looks like way more than just 5 tons compared to volume of 30 arctic cheetah, jenner2c must be hollow inside

or at least shrink the hitboxes of the arms to smaller than the model, they are dmg magnets, they fly off instantly even someone just looks at them sideways

plz fix ty

#53 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

I often ask my team team to remind me I'm not in a locust ... after 30 or 40 seconds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users