Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 21 June 2016 - 05:41 AM, said:

The Dire wolf has a better profile now, but I'm 99% sure it still should be easy to shoot CT on it even with a great pilot (generally), and the torso twist on the dire is just molasses, you need to use legs + mouse to turn an okay angle.

The stalker is still a good bit smaller than Warhawk (frontal), but it still has the same side profile issues.

What they did with the EXE is pretty sad though. It still should be pretty darn agile for its size (40% accel/decel/twist/turn + MASC and an XL-380).

Let's not forget, EXE is far less of a giant walking torso, compared to the Banshee.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then again, I can see why it can be a huge turn-off when you want to hop into one.

Valid point on the Banshee/Executioner relationship. I hadn't considered that.

I find it odd that the DW is still pretty stubby from the side, though - I could definitely get behind a reduction in frontal profile coupled with a bigger side profile, emphasizing the DW role as more of a long-range gunboat than an agile brawler. Reducing both makes me wonder if PGI botched up their math.

#42 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:22 AM

Mebbe there's some sort of adjustment for CT hitbox that applies to the whole scaling thing, but maybe they just gave in to whining about how it was the "worst 100 tonner thanks to KDK release"

Edit: The Banshee is great thanks to high mounts on 3M, and tight AC/5 convergence on the 3E, all you need to see how it can fail is by taking a look at the 3S (too many energy) or the LM.

Granted, the "bad" banshees aren't bad mechs, but that's just like the EXE in that regard. Decent mechs, but not T1.

Edited by Keshav Murali, 23 June 2016 - 03:24 AM.

#43 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:58 AM

View Postjistincaes, on 22 June 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

What the heck happend to the kd3. A spider with a couple of machine guns can strip all the weapons off in a heart beat. Is there some sort of flaw with the patch.

??? try to apply armor?

#44 Traumkampfer

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:14 AM

Aww, my Warhawks are getting smaller. I bought them because their big, boxey nature and shape reminded me of Dreadnoughts from Warhammer 40K. :/

#45 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:57 PM

Warhawks always did feel like they were too big for their size, and I'm feeling they're easier to run nowadays.

What are you worried about? They're still big and boxy!

#46 Lansdorf

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:57 PM

View PostSLICKNIFTY, on 17 June 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

So almost all the IS mechs got bigger and all the clan mechs got smaller. Fair. Posted Image

You cant use fair and clan mechs in the same sentence it just doesnt go. They made them OP so they could generate a good revenue stream from the min/maxers and now they are reducing the size of them as well to generate even more income.

Piranha games = w h o r e s to the min/maxers

Edited by Lansdorf, 12 July 2016 - 08:57 PM.

#47 DasBrian

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

this probably is not the right place for this post sry.
I'm not happy with the new with the water down of the mech classes. there are four and I for one like them distinct and different.
with each having there advantages and disadvantages. Lights get speed and ECM, as u move up you get less speed and more weapons. my favorite is the dire wolf. He has is disadvantages, he is big and a easy target ( when someone shoots a laser at him he gets hit with all of it ( he cant move fast enough to avoid any of it ). When missiles start to rain in its hard to not be just dead, no ECM only one AMS and the cost of 1/3 your fire power. Faster mechs ( lights and mediums) once there in close you only get one or two good chances to hit them.
the assault mechs only advantage is fire power ( ya I know you are going to say and more armor, it would be if ever shot did not hit, he douse not move like a light mech, you shoot at him you hit him ). Now with adding more ghost heat you are taking away the alpha strike ability and reducing there only advantage. Ya assault mech hit hard, that is what there supposed to do. The other mech classes have there advantages. Yes it would be great if my assault could run 120 kph but he can't.
One on one verse a light I lose 90 % of the time, if they stand still in front of me...ya I should be able to one shot them I'm a assault and there a light.
By adding so much ghost heat you are taking a big slow assault and making him a heave or medium. if you can't fire the weapons you have is there a point to having them on your mech. Like the large laser you can only fire two at time there is no point in having 6, the first to will be ready to fire long before the last two are shot.
If your going to water down the advantage of the different class why not just cut to chase and say NO you can only run medium mechs and then we will all be the same.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users