Battletech-Mechwarrior favorite books

41 replies to this topic

#1 NovaFusion

• PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationIn drop ship....Scouting the landscpape

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

So i decided to refresh on some good ole fashion novel reading. I think my favorite series is proving grounds. Whats your favorite read?

#2 Goatflap

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

I like the Grey Death Legion trilogy personally followed by the Jade Falcon clan books.

#3 Steel Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Locationgood old Germany

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Warrior Trilogy
Blood of Kerensky Triology
Wolves on the Border
Twilight of the Clans Series
The books about Archer Christifori (Measure of a Hero, Call of Duty, Operation Audacity)

Not neccessarily in that order

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

The Warrior Trilogy, by Michael Stackpole.

1) I much prefer the pre-Clan Battletech world.
2) Michael Stackpole will always be the Bard of Battletech
3) They just happen to be real well written.

After that I would say "Wolves on the Border", "Heir of the Dragon" and the original Grey Death trilogy (not the later 3050 era novels)

of the newer series Stackpole's Blood of Kerensky trilogy was still good, and set the game up for another era well, I just find that most of the books after, tend to lose some of the "feel" that brought me in to the game.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 July 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#5 Neenja

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

1) Blaine Lee Pardoe's Northwind Highlanders series
2) Victor Milan's Camacho's Caballeros series
3) Blaine Lee Pardoe's Archer's Avengers series

And of course the iconic Blood of Kerensky trilogy...

#6 Spada

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

I agree to all the above. The pre-invasion books were very special. They built on each other and seemed to follow the IS families pretty well. I loved that about the books, they stayed pretty true to cannon and timeline. MJS was the best for this.

#7 Hal Michelson

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

The Grey Death Trilogy is still my favorite by far.

#8 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

- Jade Phoenix Trilogy
- Twillight of the Clans series (I think there were 6 books in it, different stories by different authors)
- Falcon Rising

#9 Spectre 117

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Jade Falcon Trilogy, and The whole twilight of the clans saga. Trent is one of my favorite characters in the series.

#10 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

I am reading through the Grey Death Trilogy now. But hands down, my favorite is still the Warrior trilogy.

#11 Bommer

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTacoma, Washington

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

The entire "Twilight of the Clans" series !

#12 Aidan Calderon

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:00 AM

Warrior Trilogy is my favourite, followed by Jade Falcon Trilogy and Kerensky. I'm not a fan of the Clans but Aidan and Horse (Hengst in the german version) are special and the Kerensky Trilogy brought the clash of two different societys which made them good.

#13 FelixBlucher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostGoatflap, on 16 July 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

I like the Grey Death Legion trilogy personally followed by the Jade Falcon clan books.

My first favorite was the Jade Falcon series with Aiden, but mostly due to it being the first Battletech book I read. I would have to say that the Gray Death Legion is my favorite Merc group, and over all favorite novel series. They feel like old friends to me, I was sad when they killed most of the original characters off in one book. I would say that the books with Archer Christifori in them are also up there in the list of my favorite Battletech series.

#14 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

Battletech Master Rules

#15 Shok

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:51 AM

I found the Blood of Kerensky trilogy to be the best of the Battletech books. I can recommend any of Micheal Stackpole's BT books!

#16 Dysentery

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock AFB

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Gentlemen,

I have no favorite as I have never read a book from the Battletech universe. Would you guys have a book or book series that you would recommend I start with? I have read the wikki and while I have a shakey understanding of the historical order, I would prefer to lobby for personal preference before beginning...

#17 capt hungry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 335 posts
  • LocationGallifrey

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

I started with the Warrior trilogy, then went onto the Grey Death trilogy, followed by Wolves On The Border, then Heir To The Dragon. I read those first as they were first to be published. I then began working on the Blood Of Kerensky trilogy. I can remember calling FASA directly to figure out when Lost Destiny was going to be published. Think I spoke to Jordan himself back at that time.

#18 Harriette

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTerra, Europe, Germany

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:36 AM

My start was in the middle of the whole Series..... Operation Excalibur ;) Then i got the Grey-Death trilogy and then i bought from time to time, every Book i could get from german Bookstores.... Some Books arent on the Market in Germany any more, so i started to search for e-books and there i got many others ^.^

My favourites are the Clan-Invasion Series, the Counter-Invasion and the whole plot till final :P Only Book missing is Storms of Faith
( Stürme des Schicksals in german )

And one of my single favourites is Impetous of War ( Vater der Dinge ), the attack on Wildcat-Base against the Diana-Galaxy ^.^

#19 LaKaT

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm a big fan also but not much of a reader, So who could help me find the series of books/ The plot goes like this mech warrior shot down by clan as a slave rises up in rank as a clan member. At a parralel time all the houses gather to clan space and ends up destroying the clans while sister at home causing unrest while brothers away.???

#20 Dysentery

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationLittle Rock AFB

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

Thank you for the help starting guys. Looking forward to immersing myself in the world. Had my first couple kills online in the beta today and the bloodlust is growing... :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users