9 replies to this topic

#1 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Any thoughts on the hero Banshee quirk adjustments. Pretty big mobility improvements. It always seems to be viewed as a bad mech. Will this buff change that? Thoughts? I would also love to see what build you are thinking if it's on your mind.

#2 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:00 PM

From what I heard, it's wasn't really a bad mech but rather a really bland mech that cost real money.

It does make the Mastery Pack more appealing

#3 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:42 PM

No it is absolutely a bad mech that's not worth money. Terrible hardpoint count and placement, when compared to the cbill variants.

It has the best quirks of them all, but it's still the worst variant of the 4. Keep the 3E and 3M, basic the 3S then dump it, ignore Malinche.

#4 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

its a fun mech with XL380 + ac10 + 3 lpl,lots of heatsinks and 3 tons of ammo

plays like a medium,its worth taking when it comes to sale or buying the mastery pack

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:59 PM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 18 June 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

its a fun mech with XL380 + ac10 + 3 lpl,lots of heatsinks and 3 tons of ammo

plays like a medium,its worth taking when it comes to sale or buying the mastery pack

^This. Fun, but not great.

#6 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:53 PM

So the mobility quirks will not really raise its playability after they go into effect? I only have a Victor in the assault category. Its a struggle but I do fairly well considering as a brawler. Recently mastered and the right modules help a bunch.

As lights are my normal best result units, speed is a thing for me. Even the mediums and heavy's that I have leveled up are faster units. With wanting to add another assault the cinderblock foot units don't make me drool. Any recommendations?

Edited by Rock Roller, 18 June 2016 - 07:54 PM.

#7 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:30 PM

View PostRock Roller, on 18 June 2016 - 07:53 PM, said:

So the mobility quirks will not really raise its playability after they go into effect? I only have a Victor in the assault category. Its a struggle but I do fairly well considering as a brawler. Recently mastered and the right modules help a bunch.

As lights are my normal best result units, speed is a thing for me. Even the mediums and heavy's that I have leveled up are faster units. With wanting to add another assault the cinderblock foot units don't make me drool. Any recommendations?

la malinche works well as a dps skirmisher,i had some success with it in FW too,one game in hellebore i was basically ignored for 6 minutes,i was able to pour 1500 damage before the cannon went down,basically firing nonstop when enemy was in sight,there is little need to cool down when you have 18 heatsinks in it with only 3 lpl and a ac10 to produce heat

the key is to constantly move and relocate,since that big xl allows it easily,and engage only mediums,laserboats or small heavies alone,stay away from brawlers,if you can

#8 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:34 PM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 18 June 2016 - 08:30 PM, said:

la malinche works well as a dps skirmisher,i had some success with it in FW too,one game in hellebore i was basically ignored for 6 minutes,i was able to pour 1500 damage before the cannon went down,basically firing nonstop when enemy was in sight,there is little need to cool down when you have 18 heatsinks in it with only 3 lpl and a ac10 to produce heat

the key is to constantly move and relocate,since that big xl allows it easily,and engage only mediums,laserboats or small heavies alone,stay away from brawlers,if you can

Can you share your build?

#9 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

LA MALINCHE

#10 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 18 June 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

You're never going to run 70 shots through the AC/10, might as well throw an ML in the head.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users