Repair And Rearm In Domination

2 replies to this topic

#1 SirNotlag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:27 PM

So I've been thinking about how to make game modes fun and different from each other but still being about mech combat and not too drastic of changes.

I think I thought of something that might really help out domination. Make it so the FOBs can repair and rearm the mechs the rest of the game mode stays the same, no respawns and capping the zone still remains the same. Now there is a very big reason to actually go out of your way to destroy the enemy FOBs and keep your own safe.

I think this would be perfect for this game mode cause it already discourages passive play because you have to be in the zone to stop the enemy from capping so forcing an enemy mech to run all the way back to repair even if you don't kill him is an advantage cause he is now off the point and away from the fight so you outnumber his team for awhile.

If the ability to run back for repairs proves to favour lights to much, since they can run there and back fairly quickly a limit of only once per match could be given to stop lights from just taking all the damage then running away only to come back fully healed a minute later.

#2 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:31 PM

It would create a different way we approach certain scenarios, but repairing during is something that wouldn't add much. Also, the ability to interact and "capture" supply dumps to offset your repair costs etc at the end would make secondary objectives a thing and useful.

They seem to be against making moves to flesh out game modes. Heck, you'd think game modes would be the easiest thing to crank out and we only have a handful.

Edited by Mechwarrior1441491, 20 June 2016 - 08:32 PM.

#3 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

No thank you to repair and rearm.

Arm Alpha and Beta instead. If they're spraying LB-X and LRM fire at people, it'll get people's attention. Also, have an Alpha or Beta kill add 15 seconds to the enemy's timer and take 15 from yours.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users