#22 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:33 AM

View Postvocifer, on 21 June 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

Players testing minimap, mechs and command wheel in CW.

My bad, wasn't clear in first post.

I was hoping I just missed something. :)

#23 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 21 June 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Look at the bright side, they can't take away the bad hit reg Posted Image.

It might not be as bad of a nerf as you think, although god, it did look like the Jenner grew quite a bit.

Keep the hope alive I suppose :/

A solution to bad hitreg is to make the target bigger.

PGi style 100%, I suppose :D

#24 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:35 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 21 June 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

PGi style 100%, I suppose Posted Image

Sadly, you might be on to something :(

#25 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:38 AM

Wow...that was like a moment of clarity. That really is just so perfect and so...so typical of this game. Add this to the fact that they are also including with this patch an admittedly incomplete and overly complex new feature (new and improved minimap) and it is just perfect PGI form of progress. Perfect.

#26 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:49 AM

I'm looking forward to the new mini map. A lot of thought and effort went into the new design and I'm certain that the playerbase welcomes it with open arms as a brilliant innovation on an old, outdated system. PGI is and should be proud of themselves and they should never, ever, look at this again. Posted Image

#27 Egg Fu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

View Postcazidin, on 21 June 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

I'm looking forward to the new mini map. A lot of thought and effort went into the new design and I'm certain that the playerbase welcomes it with open arms as a brilliant innovation on an old, outdated system. PGI is and should be proud of themselves and they should never, ever, look at this again. Posted Image

Hilarious!

#28 VirtualSmitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts
  • LocationHilton Head, Holy Terra

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

You know, that hadn't crossed my mind, but I think you are onto something!

#29 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:06 AM

Looking forward to:
-Quirks on my HGN-IIC(O) (in spite of it getting bigger--but it is my most-played chassis thus far)
-Tiny Lolcust
-New Frozen City map (historically my least favorite)

Dreading:
-My oversized Jenners
-QQ for the lost Frozen City (honestly, as much as I hate it, I'd rather they kept it just to keep the twitcher fans happy)

Apathetic about:
-The Command Wheel. I don't see this being very useful at all. I used the Command Wheel all the time in Dota 2, but that was a single-click use. This looks overly complicated, and the fact that most tools are restricted to Lance/Company Commanders makes it less likely to see use.
-The change to the BG. It'll suck, no doubt, but we will all be equally f'd in the a.
-Complaints about the MM. The salt is always flowing, but I've been seeing a lot more complaints that MM is broken recently. Some people just can't step up and admit their complicity in a loss. I'll do like I always do--goad them till the salt runs out.

#30 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:07 AM

Got used to ret@rded changes years ago. Couldn't care less.

#31 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:09 AM

The coming Locust plague... watching yesterday as a Hellbringer tried in vain to land a single shot to a Locust for a good two minutes only makes me wonder what it will be like after the shrinkage happens. Yick.

#32 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:43 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 21 June 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

The coming Locust plague... watching yesterday as a Hellbringer tried in vain to land a single shot to a Locust for a good two minutes only makes me wonder what it will be like after the shrinkage happens. Yick.

Bad Hellbie pilot meeting good Locust pilot is as anecdotal as it can get.

#33 Whiplash Wally

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Looking forward to being a part of the Locust swarm!

#34 Felbombling

• 2,978 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

View PostDarthHias, on 21 June 2016 - 07:43 AM, said:

Bad Hellbie pilot meeting good Locust pilot is as anecdotal as it can get.

But... but... what if it were a good Hellbie pilot meeting a bad Locust pilot... with the same result? Who can say?! :P

#35 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

I'm looking forward to the smaller heavy que due to the Phoenix Hawk release. Gonna bust out my f-pult! My Phoenix Hawks will wait till the que does down a bit, then it's Phoenix Hawk time! So much good in this patch for me, even as a predominately light-mech pilot!

#36 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Well. As I watched Phil's stream, I'm looking forward to the new Frozen City. It always felt cramped before, but now its more open, yet retains a few classic features (Like the tunnel). Will be fun to play on it and learn where the new "Hot Spots" on it will be.

Looking forwerd to piloting my Phoenix Hawks, one of my favorite classic mechs.

Also like "Almost" all of the resizes (except the Zeus), may even get the Awesome's now, which look a lot better..

The Requirking of IS mechs didn't look as bad as people were thinking and should have little impact on how "Most" mechs are used.

The Rescale and subtle changes to the Clan mechs look good, though I only own a few (Though might add the Vulture/Maddog to my collection now), From a FW point of view I hate the changes to Clan mechs, though I know it was the correct move, just because they'll be harder to hit now, but I'll adjust.

Not sure about the Map or command wheel, if it interferes with Seismic as much as people think.

For the most part quite happy.

#37 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostCaptain Luffy, on 21 June 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

What are you looking forward to?
What are you dreading?

For me I am looking forward to the re-scale and the catapult's redesign. I think the re-scale will be a great thing for MWO and when it comes to balancing the game. This is due to now there is a volume of space filled in game based off of tonnage which will make some lights that were to small now big enough to shoot. It will make some heavies that were to big to not die, now more survivable. Ultimately I believe this will shake up the landscape and help bring more variety of mechs to the battlefield.

What am I dreading, the community. In the past few days I have played a hand full of matches. Some good, some bad. But the part "that grinds my gears" isn't even the game play itself, but has to do more with the players. I drop into a match and 3/5 (60%) of the matches start with perverted foul mouth language being spewed into chat or over voip during the count down before everyone ready ups. I know I can turn off chat, report, and mute people and so this is what I have been doing. BUT then the team game play suffers because of lack of communications (because people have been muted or chat turned off).

Lastly, for anyone in PGI who may see this, I suggest mute be permanent so if I keep getting the same foul language player I do not have to continually mute this player after being disgusted by their vitriol. I also suggest that when you mute them in voip they also be muted in chat. I mostly ask for this because of the lack of penalizing players who are toxic in game for no other reason than to be toxic. (I would also like to point out what I am talking about isn't even trash talking. But it has been players just being disgusting with recounting sexual pleasures and connotations in detail, to even blatant racial and religious bigotry which is already against the COC.)

I would repeatedly report people who are obscene, and (like I did before reporting tools) take a screenshot of their foul chat and email it to support. By generating a support ticket, it has to be processed by an employee which increases the chances of it yielding fruit.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users