135 replies to this topic

#101 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:18 PM

Wow ... no ETA on the hotfix, just PGI's position at the time and yall forgive them for blowing up the minimap. PGI and Russ love saying things, not so much on the producing things. I thought that hotfix patch was a bunch of hot air. PGI hasnt been able to program anything quick in 3 years.

#102 Podex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 657 posts
  • LocationThe soup kitchen in your Prius

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Back to original plan?

1) break minimap
2) ????
3) declare bankrupcy

#103 Jhondra

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

Maybe one day PGI will wise up and allow support for second monitor full screen map too. Sigh. Strategy games from the 90s have supported this and it is a HUGE benefit. Just like you would have multiple displays in an actual mech...pshhhaw.

#104 Poundcake

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:43 PM

Better to take your time and push out quality

#105 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostPoundcake, on 22 June 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Better to take your time and push out quality

And have some player playtesting for feedback :)

#106 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

<*finally catches up*>

PGI, you had better get that fix out soon. I'm feeling massive disorientation being unable to see where my own team is pointed and my local surroundings relative to my own Mech. :wacko:

<*falls off the side of their Mech, half-dizzy*>

~D. V. "Uuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh..." Devnull

#107 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

Im unable to play a match without feeling frustration trying to figure out where the enemy or allies are in the 2D environment... Im forced to avoid playing and wait for the hotfix. But at least they are attending to that issue they created...

#108 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

Not sure why this is so hard...the map is fixed North South East West... the hud has a compass along the top. Your mech shows as a yellow arrow that points in the diection your mech's legs are pointed. If a red dot appears to the left of the arrow point...that's an enemy on your left side of your legs... steer your legs / swing your torso accordingly.

#109 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hot-fix is set to arrive in 15 minutes, full hot-fix post can be found here.

#110 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:47 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 22 June 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

Hot-fix is set to arrive in 15 minutes, full hot-fix post can be found here.

awesome work Alex! Posted Image

#111 PASHA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:24 PM

Thank you.

#112 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

Hooray!! The mini map sucks less than it did 1 hour ago!! I still miss my old one. I will live.

Don't forget that there were more changes done in the last patch that we may or may not have problems with. Outrage on rescale, commence!!!

And rage about crap Phoenix Hawk, begin as well...

#113 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:35 PM

Some comments to muse on with future updates.

The addition of the Command Wheel in the June 21st patch required essential updates to the Mini Map and BattleGrid to support the new Commands. Part of the reason for the drastically zoomed out appearance of the new Mini Map was to help account for that array of new Commands, and how we wanted them to be displayed: when a player was calling for Help with the new Command Wheel we wanted that alert to be visible to all teammates on the Mini Map itself, without a reliance on the Compass or BattleGrid.

Cool, why not put them on the edge of the minimap if they are out of range? Terrain information is often required quicker than communication. A quick glance at the battlegrid is all that would be required to plan a path to the target.

Beyond implementing support for these new Commands, we used this opportunity to fundamentally re-evaluate the Mini Map as a whole: what kind of information was conveyed to players through it, how that information was conveyed, why that information was available to begin with, and how all of this information could relate to InfoTech mechanics.

I appreciate you thinking about us but... Why? Did anyone really complain about the minimap? I mean you just added the Player Torso Orientation Cone and Leg Orientation arrow to much praise, why undo your own work? How much player consultation did you do?

The Mini Map was thus re-designed with those considerations in mind. It became abundantly clear once the patch was live however that too much of the redesigned Mini Map was in anticipation for features not yet implemented.

Thanks for the effort, you should have showed screenshots though. More baby steps guys, treat it like consent, we love the game and want to help you take it to the right place, help us help you!

#114 Mineirinho

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 20 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

I said with my comrades a lot of times. PGI do not have quality of service or experience test team. Otherwise, those incredible erros were not experienced for the end users. I played many MMO before MWO, I can not remember a game that has so many bugs and so many bad patches like MWO.

In my opinion, you need test more your patches, take more time in the releases if you do not have so much workers for it, stop monthly! Try releases of 3 months for example. Test it more, solve more in game bug(it still has a lot!), latency, in game disconnections because of the game (and after it you are punished and need wait until the time of the punishment's end).

And please, my old father always says: "Do not touch in team that are winning". Do not change the good stuffs (like minimap), only the bads.

Best Regards.

Edited by Mineirinho, 22 June 2016 - 06:06 PM.

#115 Icebergdx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEastern Washington

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:14 PM

So, I have to ask, are they going to give us an extra day on teh even, since they made the game essentially unplayable for over a day?

And thank you for fixing the minimap. Have not seen it yet, but hoping they did it right. I went to see Xmen Apocalypse since I did not know when the patch was coming.

#116 Ker Lupus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Thank you for the fix. I was really afraid one of my favorite games was a goner.

- Ker

#117 Strelok7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for fix. I am sure somebody had to stay working late because of all this.

You guys have a strong gamers community, could've asked them for a prior opinion.
Would've been a win win, PGI - save time/money, players - save on frustration.
Posted Image

#118 F22 RaptoR

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:23 PM

Okay, this fix is awesome, thank you PGI!

The new map profile combined with the 'old' features works very well. The new mech info. feature is very useful combined with the zoomed in size and restored 'rotation'.

Very well done!

#119 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:57 PM

Thanks for the fix guys. I can see! I have legs!

https://youtu.be/BHcd-srsSBY?t=1m20s

#120 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:12 AM

4 years in production and still can't introduce the UI that'd be at least on par and with same level of customization as MW games made in 20th century.

Minimally Viable ProductTM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users