UPDATED Regarding The New Mini Map

135 replies to this topic

#81 Warlord Kentax

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 87 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:00 PM

View PostTiantara, on 22 June 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

- Oh my Crimson Moon Goddess... they walk to battle whole 6 minute!!! 6 minute for 1 min battle... Even in MW3 battle was more fast and tactical. What have they done with Living Legends... ~_~" Seems i miss day when MW3 was just fresh cd and everyone plays MW2 and look to new game skeptical.

This was an organized drop. Typical pub matches have a much, much shorter time to engagement, especially for the free-for-all Solaris Arena game mode.

Terrain Control:

Old Match of Solaris Arena:

Even for organized games, time to engagement can vary greatly according to size of map and whether or not someone wants to camp.

Edited by Warlord Kentax, 22 June 2016 - 01:02 PM.

#82 Thunder Child

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

Surely you guys could have just put ping arrows on the edge of the existing minimap to show which direction the command was coming from. And have a visual cue appear on screen as part of the HUD element.

#83 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

Is the server down? I cannot get on but everything else on my system works fine...

Hopefully its the fix !

#84 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:07 PM

It took me maybe six games to stop the queasy feeling from the new minimap and now its perfectly fine to me. Honestly 90% of mech operating is looking out the hud, not down at the minimap. The scale is still a pain until the hot-fix but the new symbols are ok. Its really no different than many other combat sim games.

#85 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 22 June 2016 - 01:07 PM, said:

Is the server down? I cannot get on but everything else on my system works fine...

Hopefully its the fix !

Yes I have no connection either.

#86 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

it would be cool if you added active, passive, and radar off modes that would act like seismic (save the off mode which is just off) just giving a blip. the active sensor is long range but you can be detected by other people. passive would make you sensors have 1/3 the range but you can only be detected at 1/3 the enemy's range. off makes you undetectable via sensors (not seismic tho). seismic would then be given a rang boost to the to compensate this change and is still viable because you can be in off mod and get information on the enemy like you do now while standing still. this can be tough very easily for new players and gives depth for hard core players. since it would work like seismic, only without the need stand still to but leaving you open to detection as to keep balance with seismic. because it would work like seismic no missile locks can be earned from it. visual info is still important for lrm support.

this could be made with different ranges for diferent mechs to make for a more divers battlefield as mechs would become viable for this reason alone.

Edited by fireball 4, 22 June 2016 - 01:13 PM.

#87 Blaze32

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 428 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:25 PM

View Postfireball 4, on 22 June 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

it would be cool if you added active, passive, and radar off modes that would act like seismic (save the off mode which is just off) just giving a blip. the active sensor is long range but you can be detected by other people. passive would make you sensors have 1/3 the range but you can only be detected at 1/3 the enemy's range. off makes you undetectable via sensors (not seismic tho). seismic would then be given a rang boost to the to compensate this change and is still viable because you can be in off mod and get information on the enemy like you do now while standing still. this can be tough very easily for new players and gives depth for hard core players. since it would work like seismic, only without the need stand still to but leaving you open to detection as to keep balance with seismic. because it would work like seismic no missile locks can be earned from it. visual info is still important for lrm support.

this could be made with different ranges for diferent mechs to make for a more divers battlefield as mechs would become viable for this reason alone.

maybe just active and passive... we need a use for current ecm (probably not going to get changed anytime soon afterall)

EDIT: Would LOVE for them to incorporate Seismic into the Minimap and just make the module add range or frequency of blips

Edited by Blaze32, 22 June 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#88 Nyte Kitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 440 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa USA

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Thanks for listening to us PGI, Its not that the new map was "Bad" But the facing and rotation needed to be there and having it zoomed out all the time made it too hard to see where we were. I'm glad its going to go back to closer to what it was but with the option to zoom out later.. much better. I still don't like how the map just "Floats" there though. Would prefer it if it looked like part of my mechs console in a fixed spot. Maybe later?

#89 Thomas de Ville

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGermany / Terra

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

I hope the Minimap hotfix will calm down the wave and wish that isn´t any permanent damage on the player base.
But one question did the command weel work correct for you all?
If I use this thing, the mouse cursor won´t move and the only thing it does is- sorry, sorry, sorry........Posted Image
(maybe it´s sorry for the minimap Posted Image )

#90 fireball 4

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

[color=#959595]maybe just active and passive... we need a use for current ecm (probably not going to get changed anytime soon afterall)[/color]

[color=#959595]EDIT: Would LOVE for them to incorporate Seismic into the Minimap and just make the module add range or frequency of blips [/color]

the off mode is to make it so you cant be detected via sensors. if they did it this way for passive i fear it may fell cheesy.

seismic would still likely be a module, but would have longer range most likely.

Edited by fireball 4, 22 June 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#91 OffC3nter

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 32 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

This patch can not come fast enough :/

#92 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 June 2016 - 01:48 PM

There needs to be 3 set of zoom ranges. The default 2k, the max and a smaller zoom 750m. Maybe team mates will stop running into each other :)

#93 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 22 June 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

There needs to be 3 set of zoom ranges. The default 2k, the max and a smaller zoom 750m. Maybe team mates will stop running into each other Posted Image

Nah, can't fix stupid :D

#94 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Lol true enough, but I literally can't remember the last time I've heard so much chatter in every match, usually at least 1-2 people freaking out when they saw the mini-map for the first time and are being utterly confused by it.

#95 deadmt

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHPG-Manifold

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image

#96 Fiachain

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUnity City

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostBlaze32, on 22 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

That was in the old one where did they say that it was not included in the new one?

I assumed that since it wasn't on the list of things being added on the HotFix then it was going to stay the same where all you see is the weight class of your friendlies, not which way they are pointed.

I could be -- and hope I am -- wrong and they return the blips for friendlies back to the way they've always been.

#97 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:31 PM

The new map is horrible, we know this. I'm not going to belabor it much further, I just want to add I'm dang glad I didn't' activate my premium time and it would be nice to get an extension to the event. I played worse last night than I have since I was a raw noob. I never realized how much I use the map until I got a map I can not use. 1 second to orient every time I look at it, sounds like a short time, but it got me shot, a lot.

Also, why does this contest not pay 25 bonus picks for those of us with phoenix hawks? eh?

#98 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:35 PM

@PGI ... I try to be a reasonable, moderating factor in my little gang of players. I try to find a reasonable explanation for the hyperbolic conspiracy theories that my guys can come up with in their little echo chamber of discontent. Last night, you made it supremely difficult for me to remain positive.

I'm trying to take the original post at face value, and believe that you really didn't understand how much good players relied on the mini-map as it was.

If my disorientation in game last night was any indication, I glance at the mini-map every few seconds when maneuvering, and several times per second when trading shots. Perhaps being able to see that spatial orientation was a crutch, but it is one that I (and pretty much every one of my team mates) have come to use frequently.

I'm starting to understand why some people are raging so hard about this.

I'm trying to believe that you didn't roll out a steaming pile of scrap to create this firestorm with a full intention to hotfix it with the changes that you really intended in the first place, but you're making it difficult.

#99 Duncan1dah0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 375 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

No Mechwarrior tonight. Hopefully they can get the hot fix in soon.

#100 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

View PostKageru Ikazuchi, on 22 June 2016 - 02:35 PM, said:

...and believe that you really didn't understand how much good players relied on the mini-map as it was.

Right, "good" players... Most of the Mechwarriors can't read chat, they can't press R and they can't follow simple instructions... who would have thought removing the map rotation would send them in a riot. If anything it's the proof the radar was too good. You didnt need good coordination, good awareness, the radar did everything for you. People could not ORIENT THEMSELVES FFS its the same map youve always played, youre at the same place you aways were, look out the windshield wth is wrong with peoples. It took me a night to get used to it, i must be the greatest genius of all time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users