• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7bd7b78bbf29914[/smurfy]

How can you not go dual pistols !?

I'm working on a PPC/LB10X version, just depends on how to naked I want to be and how much ammo to bring.

Edited by stealthraccoon, 25 June 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#22 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:17 AM

I have settled on builds for the PXH-1, PXH-2, and the ROC.

ROC: I tried running this variant as a short-range combatant, with big SRM launchers and short-range lasers. It just wasn't working out for me -- between being somewhat large, and not quite having the light-mech speed, I just find myself getting shot up really quickly. This build is working much better: it's more of a skirmisher and not a brawler, which hit-and-runs and pokes from mid-range. Decent pin-point poke with the LPL+2xML+2xSRM2, with range quirks and range modules to the LPL and ML's. I ran it without the dual-AMS and with two extra DHS until getting elite unlocks, but with those it seems to manage with 11 DHS.

PXH-2: This one I love. It's a stealthy and mobile fire-support build. Relocate a lot to stay safe and to find targets, and poke with the 2xERLL. Think the classical Raven 3L build, but with less speed and great jump capability and better ability to take hits. Stay within the group or very close to it. There's an MPL in the other arm to beef up your close-range alpha, and to have something to poke with in late game in case your RA gets shot off.

PXH-1 (WARNING, NON-META CONTENT): This is a lore-hound attempt at finding a "superstock" build that retains as much as possible of the stock PXH-1 flavour, while working a little better in MWO. I start with the basic PXH-1. First switch to XL engine, DHS, Endo. Then replace the LL with 2xERLL, to make the long-range poke useful. The 2xML+2xMG replaced with 1xSPL+3xMG, and put in a single fire group. This is a nice, heat-neutral backup armament. Finally I throw in a BAP to boost the PXH's legendary scouting prowess, and an AMS. So basically, it's the same old concept, but with lots of 3050-era tech thrown in.

#23 Tapdancing Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:55 AM

PHX-1B: use an XL300, 2 jump jets, ECM, 3 large lasers and 2 DHS in the engine. Strip the dead arm.

It's not amazing but its basically the best you're going to get out of this very bad chassis. It's how I mastered it this past day or two.

Edited by Tapdancing Kerensky, 26 June 2016 - 04:55 AM.

#24 Helios Norlund

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 17 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostN a p e s, on 22 June 2016 - 12:00 PM, said:

I'm liking the 1B.
That high ERPPC mount is pretty cool and the velocity quirks make it wicked fast.

i prefer a similar build but with full JJ and a TAG
the TAG generate nice extra points even if u have no missiles mounted
PXH-1B

#25 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 07:34 AM

I have reworked a few of the builds I listed in this thread initially.

They are all still very similar so I will not post them again. But I did learn (at least for me) that all variants run best with an XL280 or bigger. Most of mine I run an XL300 on or larger now.

I am sure slower builds work, but I just felt very vulnerable in them. Maybe that is because they felt so slow compared to the others. Anything under 100KPH in these I felt like I was crawling.

Hit boxes are not great IMO, so the speed (and jumping ability) help offset that for me. So I ditched slower builds and the faster ones are really starting to shine for me.

#26 S_T_R_A_N_G_E

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

I've bene runnign the following:

PHX-1: 3 LL
PHX-1b: 1LPL, 3ML
PHX-K: 8 SPL

Damage is very consistently 225 between all variants. Can be as little as 80-100 and as high as 375. I haven't gotten a variant to 400 damage yet with about 10-15 matches total between them.

#27 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostLocke2, on 28 June 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

Damage is very consistently 225 between all variants. Can be as little as 80-100 and as high as 375. I haven't gotten a variant to 400 damage yet with about 10-15 matches total between them.

Yep, I am not lighting it up either. Average damage is probably around 250 per match, lowest damage I remember in a match it 67! I don't usually get below 100, but it has happened. Sometimes you just loose your arms too fast to be much of a factor. A 4ERLL alpha on your arm from range, when you haven't even spotted the enemy, usually results in poor performance. I have gotten over 650 damage a few times as well, but right now I am pretty happy when I get above 250 and ecstatic when I get above 400.

It is possibly they may need to buff the armor quirks on the arms. They are lower than the BJ by half on most variants. The Vindy also has much better armor quirks to the RA and LA for that matter.

My higher damage matches come about when I stay out of site then run in and engage when the heavies and assaults have everyone's attention. No poking in this puppy unless you have an ERLL sniper build with ECM.

#28 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:33 PM

View PostLocke2, on 28 June 2016 - 09:59 AM, said:

with 2 ERLL you should be able to break 450-500 regularly.. i was running 2 LL + 1 ERLL on my phx-2 and and broke 900 dmg..

Its prolly your piloting style that needs adjustment. flank and use med-long range fire.. use JJ get to elevated spots if possible.. speed is your friend use it to get out of bad spots before they become horrible.. If you see your getting too much attention its prolly time to relocate to a new position..

#29 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

I have been utilising a build that runs an AC10 and three medium lasers. Sadly, however, I do have to use an XL engine.

#30 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 28 June 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

with 2 ERLL you should be able to break 450-500 regularly.. i was running 2 LL + 1 ERLL on my phx-2 and and broke 900 dmg..

Its prolly your piloting style that needs adjustment. flank and use med-long range fire.. use JJ get to elevated spots if possible.. speed is your friend use it to get out of bad spots before they become horrible.. If you see your getting too much attention its prolly time to relocate to a new position..

Regularly? That's around 25-30 alphas on target in optimal range, without missing a split second. You must be incredibly lucky with stationary targets then, or your matches have to be extremely long.

Edited by GhostNemesys, 29 June 2016 - 01:12 AM.

#31 S_T_R_A_N_G_E

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 36 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 28 June 2016 - 10:33 PM, said:

I don't see how. When I poke even for a second... I have like 3-5 clan mechs shooting me from 400 to 800m away. I get targeted fast and hit consistently. Basically I feel lucky to get 3-4 solid alphas off a flank w/o light harassment or little return fire. Getting striped with several clan lasers and PPC's can do 50 damage real quick.

With the 3 LL build I try to stay back a bit and take flank shots at engaged mechs. Light swarm is typical and any laser mech that gets my scent can throw a 50 point alpha my way w/o a problem... Or just one volley from a streak-crow can be devastating.

In my LPL 3x ML variant I have been in some stomp games that we won and I survived. Basically, I am firing at targets the entire time trying to protect myself... to survive also means scattering my fire across many different parts of many different mechs. This has kept my damage down since critical hits are hard to come by this way. Even then winning and little aggro I still am capping under 400 damage. If this same mech let me have 2 more ML I'm sure i can break 500 every so often...

Now, I am not using modules yet, as I do that after elite-ing a mech and deciding if I like it.

The K seems solid. The 1B seems useable. These are fun mechs, but not very effective.

#32 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:17 PM

View PostGhostNemesys, on 29 June 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Regularly? That's around 25-30 alphas on target in optimal range, without missing a split second. You must be incredibly lucky with stationary targets then, or your matches have to be extremely long.

its called domination where every mech is sooo entranced by the glow coming from the big green mech zapper called the beacon.. Must walk to circle... Must stand still in circle.. Must get the ever loving [REDACTED] shot out of me from the one mech that decided to flank my entire column of flies.. MECHS..

Yeah i just sit there and pew pew pew my heart out while they do that.. just gotta pick the closest target thats not in front of someone.. everyones soo focused on the fight at the light that they dont realize they are getting shot from the side or above..

#33 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:24 PM

View PostJadePanther, on 29 June 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

its called domination where every mech is sooo entranced by the glow coming from the big green mech zapper called the beacon.. Must walk to circle... Must stand still in circle.. Must get the ever loving [REDACTED] shot out of me from the one mech that decided to flank my entire column of flies.. MECHS..

Yeah i just sit there and pew pew pew my heart out while they do that.. just gotta pick the closest target thats not in front of someone.. everyones soo focused on the fight at the light that they dont realize they are getting shot from the side or above..

From now on I'll only vote for domination, f*ck conquest with its C-bill bonus. Oh, and a bait. Who wants to be my bait? ;)

Edited by GhostNemesys, 29 June 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#34 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostGhostNemesys, on 29 June 2016 - 09:24 PM, said:

From now on I'll only vote for domination, f*ck conquest with its C-bill bonus. Oh, and a bait. Who wants to be my bait? Posted Image

occasionally you will get a team that has people resistant to the light.. usually light mechs that have decided to circle around to **** any of the outer stragglers..

#35 Ike Diamonds

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:01 AM

I've been really enjoying this build the last few days. Let me know what you think.

PXH-2 - Ike Diamonds

#36 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:58 PM

4 med pulse feels kinda anemic, especially when you could potentially fit 6 but, you'd have to drop the engine a significant bit to fit 'em with decent cooling and JJ.

PXH-2 mebbe? med lasers for pokebiliteh, left arm med pulses for KO punch

further optimizations to my taste would be to downrate the engine further for a half ton more armor and another JJ.

was playing PHX-1K tonight and did well in it. All upgrades, many med lasers, 350 xl engine with only four DHS in the engine, hot as **** but workable :D

I had to drop a med laser for a heatsink though. Once i get it elited the med laser is going back in.

Edited by Nullmancer, 14 December 2016 - 10:36 PM.

#37 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 15 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

I'm Looking for a PXH-1 build. But i'm a bit iffy with just using lasers.

#38 Nullmancer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 194 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

forgive me...

PXH-1 LB10-X

PXH-1 AC 10

PXH-1 2x AC 2's

PXH-1 MG's

Edited by Nullmancer, 06 January 2017 - 05:24 AM.

#39 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:12 AM

View PostIke Diamonds, on 14 December 2016 - 02:01 AM, said:

I've been really enjoying this build the last few days. Let me know what you think.

PXH-2 - Ike Diamonds

Huh that 340xl seems like a waste of tonnage.
Either get rid of the 2 hoverjets, one heatsink and some armor and put in an 350xl or downgrade to 325xl keep the sinks and add some jets or an additional MPLas. (you loose 5kph this way and the 325 is a sweet spot engine concerning weight/heatsink ratio) like this.

But honestly the PXH is too squishy for me to play it that short ranged. I prefer a 3LLas layout, less engine and more jets since that mech is tsimply too large to draw much advantage out of high speeds.
Its main strongpoints are jumpcapability and ECM to position jumpfire and fade.

Edit for PXH-1 build

Edited by The Basilisk, 16 December 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#40 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

View PostNullmancer, on 15 December 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

forgive me...

PXH-1 LB10-X

PXH-1 AC 10

PXH-1 2x AC 2's

PXH-1 MG's

PXH-1 Gauss

many thanks ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users