#1 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:38 AM

Hi,
can anybody tell me if the spectator mode or any free movable outside camera is available for testing grounds like Phil from NGNG has used it during his Phoenix Hawk preview? If yes, how can it be activated? I searched a lot but could not find anything helpful ...

Cheers,
Flocus

#2 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:01 AM

View PostFlocus, on 23 June 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Hi,
can anybody tell me if the spectator mode or any free movable outside camera is available for testing grounds like Phil from NGNG has used it during his Phoenix Hawk preview? If yes, how can it be activated? I searched a lot but could not find anything helpful ...

Yes please, a free movable camera in testing ground would be great for taking photo of mechs!

#3 Herodes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:38 AM

Totally agreed. So that all the cash spent on cosmetics finally pays off.
:)

#4 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:36 PM

And? Any response from PGI?

#5 Flocus

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:19 AM

Nope, I found no useful information on that topic so far ... Posted Image

#6 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

Hi,

Cheers,
Flocus

On the Dev Build they use for doing Previews it has the ability for doing a free floating camera in any part of the client.

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

View PostParan01ac, on 20 August 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

And? Any response from PGI?

You need twitter for replies that take less than 6 months

#8 MrJeffers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:28 AM

Hi,

Cheers,
Flocus

No, it isn't available in the testing grounds.

Our only access is spectator mode in private matches.

#9 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:03 AM

Reason you have seen this done by NGNG is because they are using Dev. tool commands. They launch in training grounds as a 'Mech and then separate away from it and become a moving spectator cam. This currently isn't available to players but I could forward this along for consideration.

#10 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:09 PM

Yes, please definitely do this Tina - it'd be awesome to grab screenshots or videos of the mechs we're stomping around in. Thanks!

#11 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Just for the training grounds would be perfect, we just can't see the whole of our awesome mechs.

#12 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

I was chatting with someone earlier about this. There used to be a game called Red Baron by Dynamix way back in the day. A flight sim. You could set to record an entire mission to file and then go back and edit different camera views and cuts to basically make your own finished video of the battle(s). It was awesome. That's probably too much to ask for but... can you even imagine?! Recording an entire match and then going back afterwards to switch camera views between different mech cockpits and floating cams?! So rad.

But yeah - anything that would allow us to see more of our mech(s) in a better light. Maybe something that allowed us to toggle to a floating cam that we could position and then toggle out of to control the mech as it rolls past the camera in Testing Grounds, or just different backgrounds in the bay even. Anything that lets us admire our camos and decals better. ;)

#13 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostBWS2K, on 16 November 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

Red Baron by Dynamix

Oh man, that is some major nostalgia. Was it Red Baron, Red Baron II, or Red Baron 3D?

#14 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:39 PM

Hmm. It was this one, though the wiki doesn't list what I'm talking about. I know Aces of the Pacific had it though (the feature isn't listed there either). That was back when I had a turbo button on my tower, lol. Good times.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,934 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 November 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Oh man, that is some major nostalgia. Was it Red Baron, Red Baron II, or Red Baron 3D?

Sorry to intrude, but you guys just gave me a serious childhood flashback:
Back in about 1980ish my brother and I saved up our paper route money for a year and bought the sit down version of Red Barron from the local arcade. Lasted for about a year and a half before something broke and we couldn't fix it and our parents had had enough and made us put it on the curb. Coolest feature was that you could change the settings and have the voice over be in English or German. We thought playing it in German was so cool.

#16 BWS2K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

This video is Aces of the Pacific and was probably made with what I'm referencing - after the battle you'd have a raw file that you could then advance through time and switch to various different angles (cockpit, chase cam, ground cam, each aircraft, etc.).

#17 CherokeeRose187

• PipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 08:22 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 26 September 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

Reason you have seen this done by NGNG is because they are using Dev. tool commands. They launch in training grounds as a 'Mech and then separate away from it and become a moving spectator cam. This currently isn't available to players but I could forward this along for consideration.

ETA: And now it's working, you have to have "toggle freecam" from Misc bound.

I used it on training grounds last week (checking weapon doors), this week I'm trying to use it again (same reason), and it is not working. Nomatter which button I hit it is not popping me out of the mech.

It seems like it randomly does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a procedure?

Which UI keybind am I looking for to actually toggle (all my buttons are long since customized so don't say "hit f5") I've used it so rarely I don't have it memorized.

-Cordially, CherokeeRose187 the Thread Necromancer

Edited by CherokeeRose187, 06 August 2023 - 08:28 AM.

#18 epikt

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 August 2023 - 09:07 AM

View PostCherokeeRose187, on 06 August 2023 - 08:22 AM, said:

It seems like it randomly does not work.
What am I doing wrong? Is there a procedure?

I use it a lot, because I'm a narcissist loving to look at their mechs, more seriously to make thumbnails for youtube videos. Never it didn't work. I rebinded my freecam key btw.

Sooo... I don't know what happened to you. (are you sure you hit the correct key? are you sure your custom button configuration was saved? it looks stupid, but sometimes the answer is the most simple)

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users