What Do You Want Pgi To Do With Hpg, Crimson Strait And Terra Therma?

82 replies to this topic

#81 zachyattacky

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMn

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

I would definitely like to see more areas to brawl. Long open spaces are nice, they definitely have their place, but what ever PGI decides to do there needs to be some cover to close the gaps and leave room for the brawlers to move through without getting cut to pieces. Buildings are nice for this, not always hills (more on hills later)

The Mining Collective is a great example of a map that you can play either style of play very successfully. It's a solid map.

Maps that require to much coordination are most likely not going to be a favorite in quick play, you can't throw a bunch of people into a square box and expect them to play along in a well thought out coordinated matter. Not that maps can't leave some room for coordinated play. Leave the maps that require complex teamwork to Faction Wars.

Make the maps slightly more traversable and more forgiving (much like Terra isn't). I don't think a map based completely off choke points can work well in PUG games, any time you have a well coordinated group, even a 4 man group of heavier mechs can sway a match with ease. The maps could be a little more forgiving for those of us who don't play with a group. It is quick play after all. However I do feel like map memorization should still contribute to having an advantage. Canyon Network is a good example of a map that requires some practice.

Hills really bug me sometimes. I feel maps shouldn't always favor mechs with high hardpoints. Trying to move and fire with any mech that has low slung hardpoints especially on maps like Polar Highlands can be a nightmare with all those tiny slopes that seem to catch so much of your fire. Buildings and rocks are nice for these mechs, something you can at least stay slightly in cover instead of always having to show more than 50% of your mass to fire. These changes could help broaden the meta and shift away from a strict set of mechs and leave some room in for success in for the rest of them.

Spawns could change the way maps play a lot, I think a change in spawns would give new life to a few maps. Speaking of which the spawns for DOM on Alpine Peaks and Grim Plexus need to be adjusted I think, they definitely seem to favor one spawn.

Add edit: On Crimson Strait I would love to be able to play the rest of the map, not just go for the upper platform every single time on every single game mode. Maybe stick the dom point on the other side of the saddle or something. Or open up the bottom platform to go all the way through the mountain with a bunch of shipping containers under there for cover, hollow out the mountain and add an few more entrance and exits. Build up a tower type building up the mountain so mechs could go up and fire from above. I just think the Strait has so much more potential in it. It's a nice big map, with lots of interesting points that never see any action. Make some boats floating in the harbor to crawl on and use for cover so we can actually use that part of the map.

Edited by zachyattacky, 27 June 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#82 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:29 PM

HPG; i like it, maby some decorative fluff but no real change ..
Crimson strait; turn the east mountain in to the mines of moria (to anebel a flank attak resulting in city combat)

terra therma; nuke it from orbit... and build a new map...

#83 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:49 PM

Nothing, Nothing and Nothing.

Just pretty them up, i think they play just fine.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users