#121 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:12 AM

Legs were easy, Supernova torso is proving to be about as fun as I expected... which is to say not at all lol. Such odd geometry... good thing they'll all instantly die from ghost heat so I won't have to be mad at them for long Posted Image

I think I finally got the torso sorted, just need to finish the upper arms and do another quick pass to polish it up. Like I said, some bloody weird geo on this mech and I don't know how I feel about it. The legs and forearms are pretty neat I guess :D

Edited by Luscious Dan, 16 February 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#122 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:16 AM

Supernova is done :) This one's torso was hard until some of the latest countdown images helped clear up certain areas. Making the torso one pixel taller after they showed the head-on shot of the missile boat helped a lot.

Definitely had some areas that reminded me of the King Crab, Stalker, Marauder IIC, etc. all mashed together.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#123 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

It looks super.

#124 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:21 AM

Thanks, Dad :D

#125 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Hrm, haven't done much work on these lately (a little at least). Been a busy little fella of late between work, hockey, buying/selling the house, and generally having an overactive social life at a really inconvenient time.

Trying to figure out what to do next (aside from finish up the Assassin, and start on the Roughneck when the countdown hits). Maybe it's time I did the Raven. Shadowhawk or Griffin could be good, too. Maybe a Thud. There's a few good options to consider before I get stuck working on stuff like the Trebuchet :D

#126 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:27 AM

Thoroughly impressed! Retro gaming resurgence aside (I have my son playing Super Mario Bros.), I love these just for the artistic value! Great job!

PGI, can we get something like this for a hanging item in the cockpit??? That would be as much fun as the Urbie trashcan item! Especially if it was animated (simple) by lighting some feature of the model up when you get a kill.

#127 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Not sure if these would make the transition to cockpit item, they might actually be too hi-res to work in-game like that :P

#128 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

I think I'm done the Assassin, though I may tweak a little as I work on finishing up the Roughneck. Will be nice to get my first update in a while posted :D

#129 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Assassin and Roughneck, as promised. May go back and obsessively fiddle with details later, but time and energy are limited resources at the moment :) Redoing the BLR as a skinnier version (with rotated SRM box) to match the old tabletop art may have to come next. I've been running a BLR in my drop deck for Tukayyid so it has grown on me.

#130 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:10 PM

Battlemaster is almost done. Upper body and waist are good, just need to shade/highlight the legs and do another overall review pass on it. I wish the real model had a slightly taller/slimmer look to it, dropping the width by even 10% really helps its proportions.

#131 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

Posted Image

Newest spread uploaded, with the Battlemaster added. 8x files below:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#132 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

Arctic Wolf is done based on the concept art. This thing was super hard to scale down, while retaining enough detail for the insane amount of missile racks. Jenner IIC eat your heart out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#133 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:58 PM

Posted Image

Stumbled upon this thread the other day, noticed that there weren't color variations and thought I might tinker with it myself. Figured I'd post my first go at it and just do a quick check to make sure it's alright with Luscious Dan.

#134 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Hey, sorry I didn't see the message sooner Posted Image You're definitely welcome to do any palette shifting if you wish, I haven't looked into my software's feature list yet to see if it has a good find&replace feature yet. Or "replace color" or whatever you call it.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 07 July 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#135 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:39 PM

No worries! I didn't use any special program for the palette changes. I just opened the color in MSPaint and matched the luminosity, then used the fill tool to change the colors of all the pixels, one shade at a time. Glad you're okay with it! I'll post the results here when I get around to them.

#136 Hobby Knight

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:13 PM

You can build yourself a palette by sampling some of Alistair's alternate color schemes, and then replace the colors with the alt scheme. Picking the right colors is half the battle and he's done a lot of the work already ;)

#137 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:48 PM

A good idea, and I may do so, but I'd also like to experiment with it myself. Seeing what colors work and what don't might help me learn a thing or two. Alistair's work is great, and his colors are good, but I'm not particularly fond of a few color choices.. Namely, they just seem a bit too intense. His purple, for example. That said, maybe there's a good reason he chose the colors he did!

#138 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:09 PM

Just wanted to express my appreciation for all the work you put into these. You have made it easy for me to put my stable of Mechs into my signature. As you can see, I got around to improving the appearance of it a bit when I added the last few Mechs to bring it up to date.

Thanks again!

#139 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

Looks good mate, happy to help where I can Posted Image I've got some time off work this week and might need to spend some of it doing pixel mechs to keep busy (aka. avoid doing work around the house).

#140 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 21 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the pattern Dan!Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users