Nerf Every Mech In The Game But The Locust!

29 replies to this topic

#1 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • LocationThe Best Player

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

I don't even own locusts but when i see them, they are just absolutely crap and die in one alpha from every other mech in the game. Bad dps, no hp. Just trash.

Every other mech can kill it in 1 alpha. That's just lame. Who plays this game to be one shot by every other mech?

Note: Just making a counter post to all the Locust QQ threads because PGI balances by how much noise there is on the forums, not for actual balance purposes. Because of such trash rants, all other lights (except locusts and ach) got nerfed flat when they were already the least consistently good class (and hands down lowest pop%).

Every father mother Assault and heavy pilot just whine about lights (used to be oxide but since that one got nerfed its now the Locust) ****** them 1v1 and leg humping, causing PGI to nerf them. Had light pilots made more rants about being one shotted by every other weight class in the game, perhaps lights might actually get the buff they deserve.

For every 1 time a light wins an assault 1v1, there are 9 other instances where a light goes into the fray (since the good ones are all melee ranged mechs) and gets either one shotted by ONE mech, or gets one shotted by 10 mechs.

For the record: I am ridiculously good at Every. Single. Weight. Class. You can see that in my signature. And even in my 1k games list, you can see that the proportion of 1k dmg games that i have is directly proportionate to their weight class. Which is why i can safely say that even before the light nerfs (and sh1tty assault pilots were screaming OP), they were already the weakest class in 9 out of 10 situations.

LIGHT PILOTS, MAKE SOME NOISE! START THREADS ABOUT HOW FRICKING OP EVERY OTHER WEIGHT CLASS IS BECAUSE THEY CAN ONE SHOT U BUT U CANNOT DO THE SAME TO THEM.
LIGHT PILOTS, MAKE SOME NOISE! START THREADS ABOUT HOW FRICKING OP EVERY OTHER WEIGHT CLASS IS BECAUSE THEY CAN ONE SHOT U BUT U CANNOT DO THE SAME TO THEM.

#2 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:44 AM

Uhm, they just did exactly that with the rescale. I loved my Locusts before, now they feel a little op. You sure you aint trolling?

#3 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hahaha oh wait you're serious. HAHA HA HA. Locust spls has one of the fastest dps with the cool down module. You have ach and locust confused.

#4 PholkLorr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 155 posts
  • LocationThe Best Player

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

I issue a challenge to the abovementioned posters (and everyone else) who claims that Locusts are OP and will win heavies and assaults 1v1 on a regular basis.

Come, challenge the best player 1v1. I take an Assault/Heavy/Med you take your locust. I will even give you chance and NOT take streak srms.

Put your money where your mouth is. But i know you will not, for you cannot. You are impotent.

#5 Tanil Kane

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

Locust needs a new 'Ankle Biter' hero variant with the new rescale.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

Locust is a Beast now...

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

The **** you on about op? My locust can slay assaults with ease in a simple duel. I find it amazing you complain you can not do the same. Or are you just another cry baby assault pilot crying about that locust that got the kill shot while his team mates were shooting you? Exactly what are you the best at? CRYING? Making posts like this? ***********?

#8 illudium Q 36

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

Yeah, a lot of Mechs can one shot kill a Locust ..... IF YOU CAN HIT IT. Eventually, they'll be hit. This usually happens around major holidays.

#9 Nooblet McNooberson

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 28 June 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

The **** you on about op? My locust can slay assaults with ease in a simple duel. I find it amazing you complain you can not do the same. Or are you just another cry baby assault pilot crying about that locust that got the kill shot while his team mates were shooting you? Exactly what are you the best at? CRYING? Making posts like this? ***********?

I think you missed the sarcasm in the OP, he is saying stop crying about lights, it is the pilot not the mech that makes the difference. There are solutions to light mechs but that would require that assaults put armor on their backs and take weaponry that will combat the lights but that would not fit their meta build mentality. They want to have their long range high dps, damage soaking ability and not have any weaknesses or hard counters.

#10 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Posted Image

#11 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:22 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 28 June 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

You didn't even read it all, did you?

View PostPholkLorr, on 28 June 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Note: Just making a counter post to all the Locust QQ threads because PGI balances by how much noise there is on the forums, not for actual balance purposes. Because of such trash rants, all other lights (except locusts and ach) got nerfed flat when they were already the least consistently good class (and hands down lowest pop%).

Edited by Procurator Derek, 28 June 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#12 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:40 PM

View PostTanil Kane, on 28 June 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

Locust needs a new 'Ankle Biter' hero variant with the new rescale.

We can just rename the PB to Ankle Bane if you like

#13 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostPholkLorr, on 28 June 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

I don't even own locusts but when i see them, they are just absolutely crap and die in one alpha from every other mech in the game. Bad dps, no hp. Just trash.

Reverse psychology...nice tactic to hopefully avoid a nerf but the Acceleration/Deceleration and it's size is the issue. But hey, if you can get players to focus on it dying quickly (if you can hit it, which you can't), then you get to keep your OP no-skill mech from being touched.

#14 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 28 June 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

We can just rename the PB to Ankle Bane if you like

The Pretty Baby is an ankle biter?! Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:44 PM

Truly these are dark days when the locust can be called

View PostCoolant, on 28 June 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

OP no-skill mech

#16 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostJables McBarty, on 28 June 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Truly these are dark days when the locust can be called

OP no-skill mech

Well, that's how big bullies cry when a little girl smacks them senseless. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 28 June 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#17 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

Clan wants their own Locust now. Bring on the Firemoth!

#18 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:26 PM

Reverse psychology...nice tactic to hopefully avoid a nerf but the Acceleration/Deceleration and it's size is the issue. But hey, if you can get players to focus on it dying quickly (if you can hit it, which you can't), then you get to keep your OP no-skill mech from being touched.

If you can't hit the Locust, that rank under your name turns you into nothing but the laughingstock of the thread. To play the Locust takes work. A lot of it. Nothing substantial has changed on it between last month and this month. It wasn't OP then and it isn't now.

#19 Volthorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,929 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Canadia

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 28 June 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

If you can't hit the Locust, that rank under your name turns you into nothing but the laughingstock of the thread. To play the Locust takes work. A lot of it. Nothing substantial has changed on it between last month and this month. It wasn't OP then and it isn't now.

I wouldn't mind terribly if the 1E, 1V, 3M, and PB took a slight nerf to their energy quirks. They're just a touch overboard.

#20 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 June 2016 - 03:08 PM

View PostRampage, on 28 June 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

Clan wants their own Locust now. Bring on the Firemoth!

Hell no, son. Locust llC. 9E to chomp on cankles.

View PostVolthorne, on 28 June 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

I wouldn't mind terribly if the 1E, 1V, 3M, and PB took a slight nerf to their energy quirks. They're just a touch overboard.

No, they need the E quirks. Nerf the structure to all components but legs.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users