#41 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 29 June 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Touting stats of semi-irrelevant lights isn't exactly a good thing, just want to point that out.
Are you now was promoted to determine which mechs are relevant? This thread is about 35-tonners. Why do I need to point that out for anyone here?

When you hit over a million on most light variants and over 4 million on each of the Jenners., come talk to me.
What for? Me playing these mechs more won't gonna make your judgement anyhow better. You experience with Jenners only shows how you're incapable of effectively using them despite the vast experience of playing, and that you have strong personal bias for Jenners. Jenners had been affected by rescales the least, compared to Firestarters, Wolfhounds and Panthers.

Again, your personal bias do not concern me.

Edited by DivineEvil, 29 June 2016 - 12:50 PM.

#42 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,759 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 29 June 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Are you now was promoted to determine which mechs are relevant?

I play in MRBC too, the Raven was never seen in top level matches outside of maybe a few rare exceptions. I'm pretty sure the SDR-5K got used more than the Raven in Div A matches. The only Raven that was competitive was the 4X pre-range nerf, after the range nerf its use pretty much dropped off completely (in high level comp).

Jenners had been affected by rescales the least, compared to Firestarters, Wolfhounds and Panthers.

Oh, both Jenners got hurt just as much, the IIC already had trouble with being easy to hit before the patch. The humanoid 35 tonners just got the final nail in the coffin for their use.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 June 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#43 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostDarian DelFord, on 29 June 2016 - 09:56 AM, said:

When you hit over a million on most light variants and over 4 million on each of the Jenners., come talk to me.

I have over 11,000 matches played overall and this is what my top XP earned looks like:

Posted Image

I don't understand how you can have over 1mil XP on most of your lights and over 4mil on your Jenenrs. You must have the smallest active mech stable of anybody who plays this game more than 300 matches per month. Go out and play some different mechs, man! =P

Edited by Tarogato, 29 June 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#44 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:57 PM

Are you now was promoted to determine which mechs are relevant? This thread is about 35-tonners. Why do I need to point that out for anyone here?

Jenners had been affected by rescales the least, compared to Firestarters, Wolfhounds and Panthers.

Wut?

Affected the least? You mean had the smallest hill to be pushed off? Doesnt take much to dethrone the fake king.

#45 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

try piloting a heavier mech instead of crutch light mech. Hopefully eventually lights will do what they are supposed to do and that is scout and spot, rather than brawl and tank like an assault.

#46 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

View PostCoolant, on 29 June 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

try piloting a heavier mech instead of crutch light mech. Hopefully eventually lights will do what they are supposed to do and that is scout and spot, rather than brawl and tank like an assault.

Tell me one light mech that can tank like an assault?

#47 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:37 PM

Its far easier to get big scores in bigger mechs. The best heavies and assaults are better than the best lights and they were before the rescale.

#48 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,759 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:43 PM

View Postdario03, on 29 June 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Its far easier to get big scores in bigger mechs. The best heavies and assaults are better than the best lights and they were before the rescale.

This, if you think lights are easy mode then you need to git gud.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 29 June 2016 - 01:44 PM.

#49 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:58 PM

View PostDivineEvil, on 28 June 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

You are an old, cranky *******. 35-tonners are fine. If size matters in your playstyle by a Light mech, then your playstyle is wrong.

All mechs are now treated equally. Your personal bias are out of place.

If you own a Locust go to the training grounds and park it next to the Jenner there and look at it in 3rd person mode.

Then come back here and talk about equality.

#50 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostLykaon, on 29 June 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

If you own a Locust go to the training grounds and park it next to the Jenner there and look at it in 3rd person mode.

Then come back here and talk about equality.

As long as you're aware that the Jenner is nearly twice the weight of the Locust.

That's kinda like saying...

"Take a [insert random 55-ton mech here] into training grounds and stand next to the Atlas, then talk about equality."

#51 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Crutch light mech... Good god I almost fell out of my damn chair I was laughing so flipping hard after I read that.

You clearly have NO idea how hard it is to play any light mech besides the Arctic Cheater in MWO. If all lights were so good as to be called crutch mechs their queue percentage would be considerably higher than the single digit total of the four classes of mechs.

Go get a job at PGI and apply to be a map maker if you want lights to be relegated to scouting only, because our current crop of maps are about 200% too small for lights to be relegated to pure scout roles.

I give you a 0 out of 10 for that post.

You don't just spout crap like that without getting your facts straight first, or when people call you on your BS like I just did you won't be able to back it up.

Edited by Alan Davion, 29 June 2016 - 04:17 PM.

#52 SplashDown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 399 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:58 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 29 June 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

My Wolfhound is doing just fine.

Yeeeaaahhhh....hey thanks for chiming in there bud...way to add relevant info to the discussion.

OH MY GOD!..resisting the urge to stab out my own eyes after reading this...i see you have over 2k post..i hope the rest arent like this drivel...Was looking at ur units recruit page today and thinking of putting in an app..BUT after reading this i think i'll pass.
However you have some how shown me the light,(pun intended)..since the lights are getting nerfed to be easier to kill...and more nerfs are comen for lights in the future,,,its evident now that lights are no longer scouts..the heavies and assaults should do the scouting since they can soak up damage.
We light pilots should just sit back,,wait till the battle is in the thick..then run in get hits run out again.
I mean the heavies and assaults dont care if i get nerfed so why should i care if they die?
After all it says right there in game that teamwork is a must to survive/win in game..So shouldnt my nerfs affect the entire team?
No matter,thanks to you're infinit wisdom i now know exactly how to play my light mech in future matches,
Thx......http://fukung.net/v/...430ff16a08a.gif

Edited by SplashDown, 29 June 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#53 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostTarogato, on 29 June 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

I have over 11,000 matches played overall and this is what my top XP earned looks like: Posted Image I don't understand how you can have over 1mil XP on most of your lights and over 4mil on your Jenenrs. You must have the smallest active mech stable of anybody who plays this game more than 300 matches per month. Go out and play some different mechs, man! =P

Oh I own most of the mechs and most of those are mastered out.... however outside of that I live in my lights Jenners especially.

#54 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:15 PM

View PostSplashDown, on 29 June 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yeeeaaahhhh....hey thanks for chiming in there bud...way to add relevant info to the discussion.

Good point why don't you explain to us why we should feel sorry for all you 35 Ton Light Pilots when you have a Mech that cost 1/2 to 1/5 of what my Hellbringer cost. Does 50% to 150% damage. Runs at 100% to 190% the speed. Is at least 50% more agile and is 50% the size.

While I would agree that there needs to be more metrics added to the game to reward other roles such as spotting, scouting, NARCing TAGing and such I think the Light class does just fine in reaping C-Bill rewards for the amount of investment that a LIght Pilots pays for it.

The 35 tonners were ridiculously undersized. They moved like 20Ton Mechs. I get that people hate the change because the Mechs were better than they should have been and now they are not. However, they are far from ineffective. I still see them in game and I still see them racking up kills. They are still fast. They still do the same damage. They are just in a more reasonable place now considering what they cost, their size, the amount of damage they should do and their vulnerability to incoming damage.

I do not hate lights. I find them challenging to drive and challenging to kill. I just do not know how people can seriously post that the 35 tonners have been nerfed into oblivion. They haven't. IMO they have received the proper corrections to make them relevant as 35 ton, cheap, Mechs. Most of them are still fast, move great and pack one hell of a punch. In addition, I am sure that quirks will be adjusted soon. I just hope PGI keeps it sane and does not over quirk some of the chassis and variants like they have in the past.

Now, if you guys want an uber Light Mech then maybe you should lobby for one that cost 5200 MC or 14,000,000 C-Bills that can go toe to toe with a Hellbringer, Timber Wolf or Atlas.

By the way. I am primarily a Medium Pilot. The Hellbringer is the largest Mech I actually have enjoyed playing therefore I chose it for comparison purposes.

Edited by Rampage, 29 June 2016 - 06:25 PM.

#55 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

@Darian DelFord,
Awesome, would love to see a Screenshot of your Stats, K/D W/L, :)

O and also Time Played and Number of Matches

#56 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostSplashDown, on 29 June 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

. I mean the heavies and assaults dont care if i get nerfed so why should i care if they die?

Heavies and assaults are the first to moan and complain if they are taken out by a light. However if a light is taken out by a heavy or an assault you don't see us coming here screaming for nerfs.

#57 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostRampage, on 29 June 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

I do not hate lights. I find them challenging to drive and challenging to kill. I just do not know how people can seriously post that the 35 tonners have been nerfed into oblivion. They haven't. IMO they have received the proper corrections to make them relevant as 35 ton, cheap, Mechs. Most of them are still fast, move great and pack one hell of a punch. In addition, I am sure that quirks will be adjusted soon. I just hope PGI keeps it sane and does not over quirk some of the chassis and variants like they have in the past.

Now, if you guys want an uber Light Mech then maybe you should lobby for one that cost 5200 MC or 14,000,000 C-Bills that can go toe to toe with a Hellbringer, Timber Wolf or Atlas.

Have you piloted a Jenner lately? I mean seriously piloted one? I can count on 1 hand how many Jenner pilots I have seen in 70 some odd games. ALL the 35 tonners got increased approximately 30% in size with NO defensive stats given to them. They took the Jenner's OVERLY large EASIEST TO HIT CT in the game and made it 25% larger. It is seriously a joke right now. Add to that they changed the movement archetype to a lower class. The jenner can not even make curcial turns now and also has the same movement type of a 50 to 55 ton mech..... something 20 tons larger

Add to that the heavies and assaults can sit back and throw rocks all they want.... they still have their accel decel with the new archetype structure and weapons quirks. I am sorry but the Jenner does not share those. Neither does the Fire starter. Pre patch.... I can somewhat understand.... nut now with 60+ point alphas the norm in most games from multiple mechs there is absolutely no reason for it.

Before you say we are fine walk a few miles in our shoes.

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 June 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

@Darian DelFord,
Awesome, would love to see a Screenshot of your Stats, K/D W/L, Posted Image

O and also Time Played and Number of Matches

Oh I am the last to care about my K/D ratio I could really care less about it.

Edited by Darian DelFord, 29 June 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#58 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:32 PM

I want these pilots who believe "most light mechs are in a good place" spend 1 minute next to a competent Light pilot, and then see how much they don't know about Light mechs.

#59 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:34 PM

View PostRampage, on 29 June 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:

By the way. I am primarily a Medium Pilot. The Hellbringer is the largest Mech I actually have enjoyed playing therefore I chose it for comparison purposes.

Are you seriously trying to reason by using MC and C-Bills?

#60 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostHaji1096, on 28 June 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

The rescale combined with nerfing the movement type of the 35-ton lights is complete ****. Changing one or the other on its own might be acceptable, but combined now I'm a much larger target that can't move as well. Add in the new long range meta, and lights are in a bad spot.

Maybe I'm an old, cranky *******, but I don't want to change my playstyle....sniper lights are a waste.

I swear, this makes me laugh every time that I have to do it:

Welcome to the world the Cicadas have been living in for 4+ years.

You're not a special snow flake. You've had it easier than you deserved for all of this time. Adjust or move on to a different mech/game.

Edited by Trauglodyte, 29 June 2016 - 06:35 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users