Lets Talk About Mech Reputations With Individuals.

98 replies to this topic

#1 CK16

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:14 PM

What do I mean here? Well personally I am about to talk about my favorite mech that seems to bring with it a certain stigma, that honestly it should not. All because one person was very over zealous about it and pushed it way to hard on everyone here and PGI, he made lots of enemies for himself...With that enemies of mech, because reasons of just mostly petty anger at each other. I will not tell you how to handle personal relationships here....But hating the mech in this instance was sad to see, seeing this mech that many do like and enjoy from Mechwarrior games of old seen as a joke now was difficult to see and try to defend the mech almost put you along side this person, even if not in agreement to this person besides just liking the same mech. I am asking to break this stigma and reputation of this mech with him now....

What mech is this? In case you have not been around for a good 6 months? The Mad Cat Mk II was for many months since about January has been held in a bad stigma because of one person being not so pleasant to many in the MWO sphere (forums, twitter, twitch ect) over this mech. However this storm passed awhile ago and with it said person has self isolated them self on an island, and the mech? Well it got a name drop in the last town hall as possible coming in the next few months out from now, not years, months! That is rather large news to note, but most here know to not jump on that as a promise, though what was very promising is that Russ is thinking for this mech and others as months not years. That is note worthy (and hopefully no one tries to get into his head and change his mind on this personally)To not confuse with new tech, as he said he would only look for mechs with current tech but year would be rather fudge-able for them to work with :D. Either way I am excited to see where MWO goes as this summer's patches look promising and though the minimap fudge up was joke worthy for many years worthy, PGI is starting to put alot of the money earned from these mech packs back into the game it would seem!

So I ask here, please do not associate this mech or others with certain salty people, look at the mech as a mech and what it offers in loadouts, nostalgia, looks, game play ect.

Thanks!

#2 Xocoyol Zaraoul

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 178 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:22 PM

It's a 3061 mech either way, you won't be seeing it for a long time.

#3 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:23 PM

View PostXocoyol Zaraoul, on 28 June 2016 - 05:22 PM, said:

It's a 3061 mech either way, you won't be seeing it for a long time.

False, Russ has said he might be willing soon (as mentioned) to adding mechs "like the Mad Cat Mk II" in a few months. You can find it in the latest townhall video.

#4 DivineEvil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 903 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation, Moscow

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:25 PM

Reputation of particular people has no bearing on reputation of particular mechs. This is just ridiculous and do not deserve the time you've delegated for writing about it.

Seriously, nobody cares.

#5 Dr Mlem

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

Russ will usually say whatever is needed to keep people at least content. Most of it is PR, and I wouldn't hold stock in what he has to say about promises, or times. Thus it's always vague.

But regardless people who want to believe something will believe it. Regardless of words, facts, or logic. Nothing in the forum will prevent that. And regardless of zealots, nothing will change the timeline they have set for certain mechs and decisions.

You'll believe what you want. And others will believe what they want. There is essentially little point in trying to dissuade or change someones opinions on it

Edited by Lazy Badger, 28 June 2016 - 10:47 PM.

#6 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:12 PM

Hey Novakaine should get a +50% bonus in his Stalker 5M lurm boat, and a +25% in his Orion VAPosted Image
Why?
Because I'm the Boss.

#7 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:16 PM

Hmm "months" in russ time...well it took thirty months to fix the catapult A1 and an eighty-seven page thread..but they it was only a few months' time. I hope the mech you want gets added in. I'm pretty sure it will eventually since adding in mechs and selling them is the only way pgi makes money. you just have to wait for a few months for it.

#8 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

I wouldn't rule out seeing some 3060 or higher mechs much sooner than you expect.

The simple reason being that MWO survives on selling mechs. No way in heck is PGI going to stubbornly stick to a time line and not release popular mechs if it's hurting their bottom line.

My guess is to expect a "jump" forward in time within the next year.

#9 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 28 June 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

I wouldn't rule out seeing some 3060 or higher mechs much sooner than you expect.

The simple reason being that MWO survives on selling mechs. No way in heck is PGI going to stubbornly stick to a time line and not release popular mechs if it's hurting their bottom line.

My guess is to expect a "jump" forward in time within the next year.

Agreed. And there are variants that do not require new weapons or equipment, so PGI could sell them as normal mech.

Edited by invernomuto, 28 June 2016 - 11:01 PM.

#10 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:19 AM

Point being here guys is some feel that it is almost annoying, or bad, or frowned appon to mention the Mk II and a few other mechs, but they are comfortable with talking about the Nova Cat or Blood Asp ect. All these mechs really should be held in the same positive light, not in a shall not be mentioned feeling is all.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

I want a Stinger. We don't have a Stinger. Clearly, Russ hates me.

#12 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:03 AM

View PostTercieI, on 29 June 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

I want a Stinger. We don't have a Stinger. Clearly, Russ hates me.

Some people would claim that lol.

Though he must really really hate quad mech fans lol.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:05 AM

View PostCK16, on 29 June 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

To be fair, if he knows who I am, I'm sure he views me as an irritation, though a lucrative one. :D

#14 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:30 AM

Ah yes... the Timbie 2. A poorly designed PoS designed solely to be exported because the Diamond sharks are smart enough to realize that it's drastically inferior to the original timbie and the warhawk,

Still as a battlemech, it'll probably end up being decent in MWO if it gets added.

#15 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostCK16, on 29 June 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

Eh he hates people that like quads because quads would blow their last mega double feature... rescale based on volume for a quad would be awesome - ehm Locust

#16 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 29 June 2016 - 09:30 AM, said:

Ah yes... the Timbie 2. A poorly designed PoS designed solely to be exported because the Diamond sharks are smart enough to realize that it's drastically inferior to the original timbie and the warhawk,

Still as a battlemech, it'll probably end up being decent in MWO if it gets added.

You mean the Diamond Sharks made mad bank selling it, and as a war machine the higher mounts make it a better machine than the warhawk in individual engagement. :P

Of course, being an omnimech the warhawk is better for upkeep, because you can swap out damaged parts more easily. Gonna give creadit where credit is due, mostly because it frames my statement in a more positive light.

#17 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:51 AM

Where do people get the MK II was crap from? Thing was very successful in the scheme of things. The III was troublesome and the IV....well the least we say the better there....

Sure the Mk II is not perfect, tell me again what mech is with out any flaws? Yes if I could rewrite it I wouldn't mind a more Clan name in the Alpha Wolf or something, make it 85 tons (Metus could point out why there) and yes full omni but that would be almost be a perfect mech there.

The mech has high mounted points simular to that of the Ebon Jag and Timberwolf mixed, stock runs at 69 Kph and has 3 none-fixed JJ's. If it gets hard point inflation we could maybe see a quad Ballistics build on such a chassis. The thing could bring the hurt, it's not tanky it's a rather mobile gun boat. If pip tart ever becomes a thing as wel could easy run twin ER-PPC's and 2xGauss as well(hell even if pop tarting sucks I might still run one like this for fun!) There are far worse mechs out there, and this one is not one along with it is rather a little unique still.

#18 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:54 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 29 June 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

Eh he hates people that like quads because quads would blow their last mega double feature... rescale based on volume for a quad would be awesome - ehm Locust

Can you imagine how hilarious a Scorpion would be in MWO? With the volumetric scaling, it'd be tiny as hell (since it has 4 legs and a boxy torso) and would be able to mount an XL400 engine.
Yeah. A 55 tonner WITH THE XL400 engine (126kph with speedtwerk)

#19 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:04 AM

View PostCK16, on 29 June 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Where do people get the MK II was crap from? Thing was very successful in the scheme of things. The III was troublesome and the IV....well the least we say the better there....

Sure the Mk II is not perfect, tell me again what mech is with out any flaws? Yes if I could rewrite it I wouldn't mind a more Clan name in the Alpha Wolf or something, make it 85 tons (Metus could point out why there) and yes full omni but that would be almost be a perfect mech there.

The mech has high mounted points simular to that of the Ebon Jag and Timberwolf mixed, stock runs at 69 Kph and has 3 none-fixed JJ's. If it gets hard point inflation we could maybe see a quad Ballistics build on such a chassis. The thing could bring the hurt, it's not tanky it's a rather mobile gun boat. If pip tart ever becomes a thing as wel could easy run twin ER-PPC's and 2xGauss as well(hell even if pop tarting sucks I might still run one like this for fun!) There are far worse mechs out there, and this one is not one along with it is rather a little unique still.

My Issue with the Mk. II is that it is inefficient. I mean it comes from a group that prizes efficiency extremely highly in lore, so why make a unit that is inefficient? On top of the expectations it carries from the name alone, there is an expectation that it will be an efficient killing machine, but it's not, it's 5t too heavy... and should be an Omni-mech as they are the pinnaclel of efficiency in BT....

Hell if they had called it the Alpha Wolf or Twilight Sparkle for all I care, I would have nothing against it, nothing. It all comes from the name, a name that sets a cretin bar height, and yes the Mk. II / Mk. III both clear that bar (barely I might I add), clipping it on the way up isn't the way to do it.

#20 Snowbluff

• Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:08 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 29 June 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

My Issue with the Mk. II is that it is inefficient. I mean it comes from a group that prizes efficiency extremely highly in lore, so why make a unit that is inefficient? On top of the expectations it carries from the name alone, there is an expectation that it will be an efficient killing machine, but it's not, it's 5t too heavy... and should be an Omni-mech as they are the pinnaclel of efficiency in BT....
Okay, well you are factually wrong about its tonnage. The math for that has been done already. If anything it is too light.
It not being an omnimech makes sense though.

Edited by Snowbluff, 29 June 2016 - 10:08 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users