Selling Mechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tomo Sukesada

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:44 PM

After you purchase 3 variants and elite them all, is there any downside to selling the variants you no longer use? I assume you do not lose anything you unlocked. Was just wondering before clearing out a bunch of mechs I no longer use.

Thanks!

#2 Vermin

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

The downside I can see is all about the perks and updates. If a mech is unpopular, eventually piranha patches them in with better perks. Often though there is only one variant that is any good (outside of clan tech an Omni's)

If you get into faction play. having multiple variants that you are familiar with can be a bonus as you are required to fill up 4 slots for a drop. this is actually easier with clan tech since you can mix and match parts to keep'm guessing or make them all essencially the same.

Unless you consider buying some new Mechs a downside Posted Image

Edited by Vermin, 28 June 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#3 Digital_Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 441 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:51 PM

Not really, no. Quirks and such do change from time to time with balance passes, so the general advice is not to sell unless you really need bays freed up since a bad mech might become better later.

Just make sure to strip the mech first. Especially do not sell your engines if dealing with IS mechs.

#4 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:05 PM

I have sold multiple mechs that I mastered, and then never wanted to play ever again... Because, i am always mech bay starved. I can always go get more cbills and rebuy the mech if I need to... But I doubt I ever will... Since I only sell mechs i absolutelly hate

#5 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:15 PM

I've only sold back 3 mechs in 3 years. 2 Spiders and 1 commando. I ended up rebuying them all eventually. If your willing to spend money on mechbays then save your mechs. Strip them if you need weapons. Never sell an engine over a 180 rating (early in your mwo career)unless you're in dire need of cbills immediately.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 28 June 2016 - 09:15 PM.

#6 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:44 PM

I sell mechs I never use. But only after elite skills are unlocked. The resale loss is steep though. But if you're not useing them then i say go ahead. Naturally, never sell a hero or special mech.

Since I buy most preorder packs I tend to keep the Special variant and whatever else I liked , plus the Hero if I ordered it. But I am tempted to sell off all but the ECM phoenix hawk even though I have 10 open mech bays from my last purge.

And yeah, strip them down. Save the xl engines and weapons for another build.

Edited by Rhavin, 28 June 2016 - 09:46 PM.

#7 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:00 PM

FYI - since PGI will likely be doing quirk changes, possibly for a significant number of mechs shortly, following the general re-scaling this might not be the best time to be going on a selling / buying spree.

First round of re-quirks probably due in July patch.

#8 Tomo Sukesada

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

Thanks for the great advice guys!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users